The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I always assumed the first movie would end just after the Dwarves are kidnapped bu the elves and Bilbo is about to enter Thranduil's realm (Legolas' father).

My guess is them getting captured by the elves will be the break point.

Edit. Pix and I were on the same wave length there. :lol

Wow. If that's the case, the second movie is going to be epic. Pretty much nothing but Smaug and the Battle of Five Armies. :thud:

My guess is them getting captured by the elves will be the break point.

Edit. Pix and I were on the same wave length there. :lol

:hi5:

Yeah both movies are going to have no shortage of awesomeness.

Yeah, that I would assume will all be in the second because the first will have stuff dealing with the necromancer and dol guldur.

I dusted off my copy of The Hobbit a couple days ago, think I'm gonna give it another read. It seams shorter then I remember.

I've been dreaming of The Hobbit statues forever and I agree that he will be pretty darn impressive.

So in the first movie, they'll get as far as the spiders. Will they reach the elves?

Unlikely. And I hope not. I think the pacing would be better if the first movie ends when the group leaves beorn's and journeys off to the short cut entry point of the forest and all their subsequent ill fated forest adventures. So the camera will have the whole lot riding in beorn's ponies and heading off into the distance.it will be like one of those "the journey continues" type ending which would allow the first movie to sort of stand on its own.

The resumption of the second movie can focus on the group entering the forest and all the eay till the battle of the five armies.

Gadalfs's adventures can be weighted more heavily in the first movie since the second movie will have two very climatic battles.

I've been dreaming of The Hobbit statues forever and I agree that he will be pretty darn impressive.

Tell me about it Josh!! :hi5:

Who do you honestly think has the better chance of doing Hobbit statues? If i was to put money on it, i'd say Weta have the biggest shout for statues and enviros, GG is surely now doing the busts after that Thorin reveal, and surely SS will get PF's, and hopefully figures for all you figure fans, and who knows, hopefully some dios.

Back