The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Hell, yeah. The scores for LOTR were the last movie scores / soundtracks I purchased. Gotta have a marathon and rewatch LOTR and listen to the complete recordings again.

Looks FANTASTIC!

Can't recall the last time I was this excited to see a film. This even supplants my excitement in seeing the Avengers. I'm sooo happy I have the GTG PF in my collection as my definitive LOTR collectible. I just may get Gollum now.

Looks FANTASTIC!

Can't recall the last time I was this excited to see a film. This even supplants my excitement in seeing the Avengers. I'm sooo happy I have the GTG PF in my collection as my definitive LOTR collectible. I just may get Gollum now.

You should most definetley get Gollum PF hes awesome! Sadly I still need to get GTG PF haha. Anyways I have never been so pumped to watch a movie!

I'm pretty sure the extras are the same, and maybe not even in HD.

I just got the set recently since Amazon has it for $50; just haven't had the 12 hours to watch them all on bluray :lol

I picked up the Blu-rays last month. I've watched the first two movies over the last two weekends. I think I was mesmerized watching them on Blu. :lol The Return of the King will be this Saturday.

The trailer captures the tone of that scene from the book just perfectly. It's going to be a long wait until next Christmas!

I got goosebumps when the orchestra kicked in with the instrumental version of the dwarves' song--I'm so glad that the falling out between PJ and Howard Shore over the rejected King Kong score didn't keep them from working together again on The Hobbit. I can't wait to buy the complete recording score packages for both for the Hobbt films.

The scores, the art books, the one-sheets... I'll buy 'em all!

The trailer looks bad ass. I can't wait to see this. I'm also looking forward to the collectibles Sideshow will be bringing us.

It's a pretty damn good trailer. Shows a lot: obviously all the dwarves, some battle scenes against goblins, and the dwarves against the stone trolls, and Bilbo's first meeting with Gollum...

Oh, cool. Those stone trolls were in the background of FORTR, right? Don't know my LOTR as much as my SW.

You will believe.

Cool. :clap

There is a possibility that this movie could be better than the LOTR trilogy.

Don't forget there will be two films.

The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey
The Hobbit: There and Back Again (2013)

:D

Don't forget there will be two films.

The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey
The Hobbit: There and Back Again (2013)

:D

LOL...that's right...that would just make it TWICE as good.

Just judging by the trailer (I know that is a weak thing to do)...The Hobbit just looks more visually impressive, to me...so far.

Oh, cool. Those stone trolls were in the background of FORTR, right? Don't know my LOTR as much as my SW.

Yes, same trolls. This is where they meet them and where they get turned into what you see in fotr. Couple other events happen right after this that are important.

I agree with whoever said some of those dwarfs look like caricatures of dwarfs. Some of the makeup looks Star Trek TNG bad.

^^^^
:lecture

I'm really hoping the more I see the more they look less cartoony, but overall I'm digging this trailer even more than rises. I still can't believe that way back when GDT was going to direct these and I'm glad he didn't. These movie and LOTR under PJ just make 100% sense

I was hoping to see some baddies or monsters of some sort in the trailer. Next year is going to be the best movie year I can ever recall.

Can't say I agree that there is anything wrong with the dwarves at all. Now, that I've seen them several times I really dig the look of them and it's fitting they don't all look like gimli.

Back