The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I had a long night at work, but I'm glad I'm back home so I can re-watch the trailer again!

Does anyone know if Chris Lee is in this or out due to advance old age?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCh_xuI10B8[/ame]

:rock can't freaking wait. watched the trailer way too many times last night and yesterday.

So after multiple views of the trailer I think the following...

I actually like Thorin quite a bit. Dwalin looks like a Klingon. Bombur is fantastic! :lol I don't really have an issue with any of the Dwarves. The only one I'm having a bit of a problem with currently is Bilbo.

I wonder how many of the songs from the book will be in the film or soundtrack...

Great trailer. I'm looking forward to taking my girls to see The Hobbit films in the theater. By then they'll also be old enough to watch LOTRs.

What is it about Freeman that you find hard to accept Fritz?

What is it about Freeman that you find hard to accept Fritz?

I'm not sure, I can't put my finger on it. It might me that he just doesn't look enough like Ian Holm? :huh :lol But I don't hate the casting and it doesn't bother me that much. I'm sure I'll get over it. I'm gonna go watch the trailer again. :hi5:

The only thing I find hard to accept is the fact that I have to wait another year to see the first movie.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I think he looks more like a Merry/Pippin love child. But I am not bothered by it.

Martin Freeman looks fine in the trailer. I'd rather they recast than CG Ian Holm's face for two movies. Didn't work for Jeff Bridges in TRON Legacy. I don't want Bilbo lost in the Uncanny Valley.

To be honest, the only thing that bugged me was the close up of Ian Holmes. WETA needs to CG his face a bit so he looks more like he did at the beginning of FotR. As it is now, he looks more like Bilbo when the Fellowship finds him in Rivendell.

Martin Freeman looks fine in the trailer. I'd rather they recast than CG Ian Holm's face for two movies. Didn't work for Jeff Bridges in TRON Legacy. I don't want Bilbo lost in the Uncanny Valley.

:lecture

I guess the Chris Lee character will be less evil in this story, then?

Yep. He helps the White Council defeat (temporarily) Sauron. I suspect there will be signs of him developing "issues", but He'll be a goody here.

Three plot points that will be epic:

• The ousting of Sauron from Dol Goldur.
  • The Battle of Five Armies.
  • Anything with Smaug.

I wonder if any of that will make it into the first movie...

Back