The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I like how Radagast is communicating with the possom/Hedgehog like creature who is telling him about Sauron/Spiders/Dol Guldur/Necromancer?....maybe he's healing him from the Spider's venom?...so many guesses....I also like that Gandalf looks scared...it dont happen much...I would love if while in Dol Guldur he sees the Wraiths carrying Sauron's Spirit aka Eye of Sauron?...With the now 3 film release the possibilities of this film are just amazing...I have never anticipated any films more than this one in my 45 years plus of film going

Last edited:

Great trailer. And like the book, a lighter tone than LOTR. Gonna take me a bit to get used to it.

Gollum looks so photoreal now, you can even see tiny hair on his ears and his eyelids have transparency:clap Wonder if PJ will be tempted to pull a Lucas and update the lotr model?... No Beorn though :(

Seems like Peter Jackson can do no wrong in this universe. If the other two in this new trilogy look just as awesome as this one, bring em on, i say!!!

I would love if while in Dol Guldur he sees the Wraiths carrying Sauron's Spirit aka Eye of Sauron?

I think Benedict Cumberbatch is doing both voice over and motion capture for "The Necromancer".

So he should have a physical form. At least something that appears physical. It's implied in the books that he did anyways.

I really hope he's not a floating, giant, flaming eye. :monkey4

Lol at the gandalf one. i cannot wait for this movie. Loved every second of the last trilogy.

Gollum looks so photoreal now, you can even see tiny hair on his ears and his eyelids have transparency:clap Wonder if PJ will be tempted to pull a Lucas and update the lotr model?... No Beorn though :(
Yeah, no.

Not that I really care at this point, I have the perfect LOTR collection that's likely to ever be made, but it's the principle of the matter. I can't even own the two Star Wars trilogies, especially the OT, on Blu Ray due to some of the ghastly and downright drastic changes Lucas has made over the years.

It's like one of those cases where, after you finish a painting or sculpture, you look back and keep changing things, but in reality you're making it worse. Granted, sometimes tweaking pays off.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch is doing both voice over and motion capture for "The Necromancer".

So he should have a physical form. At least something that appears physical. It's implied in the books that he did anyways.

I really hope he's not a floating, giant, flaming eye. :monkey4

I cannot see him in physical form...hmmm...unless he had the ring in his possession

Back