The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I like how Radagast is communicating with the possom/Hedgehog like creature who is telling him about Sauron/Spiders/Dol Guldur/Necromancer?....maybe he's healing him from the Spider's venom?...so many guesses....I also like that Gandalf looks scared...it dont happen much...I would love if while in Dol Guldur he sees the Wraiths carrying Sauron's Spirit aka Eye of Sauron?...With the now 3 film release the possibilities of this film are just amazing...I have never anticipated any films more than this one in my 45 years plus of film going

Nice acknowment to the Tales of Middle Earth. There Gandalf tells Manwe he is scared of Sauron.

There was a Manwe sequence? I somehow didnt catch that one?

This 2nd trailer and the alternate endings certainly bring on a lighter side to things, which is a welcomed sign. Can't wait for more . . .short of just Dec can't come any sooner. I have a feeling I may plan on watching this at least once just to absorb all the quips they throw about.

There was a Manwe sequence? I somehow didnt catch that one?

This 2nd trailer and the alternate endings certainly bring on a lighter side to things, which is a welcomed sign. Can't wait for more . . .short of just Dec can't come any sooner. I have a feeling I may plan on watching this at least once just to absorb all the quips they throw about.

Sorry, no Manwe, but when he was talking with Galadriel and she asked him why the halfling and he said he was scared. That he (Frodo) gives him strength.

Sorry for the confusion. I would love to see a Manwe scene.

Sorry, no Manwe, but when he was talking with Galadriel and she asked him why the halfling and he said he was scared. That he (Frodo) gives him strength.

Sorry for the confusion. I would love to see a Manwe scene.

You mean bilbo right?

I think I liked the first trailer a bit more. More of a "LOTR" feeling from it.

Which makes a great first trailer to show its connection to those films. But now was the perfect time to unveil the mood and style this series will contain. It's my impression that there will be a lot of dark scary imagery in this series, but overall, it's lighter and more adventurous than LotR. Is that an accurate assumption?

I miss the non-epic fantasies of the past. I love LotR, but everything after it seemed to try so hard to be just as awesome and epic. I would love future fantasies lighten up a bit like this seems to have.

So is that Smaug or an eagle or what? I'm guessing eagle.

hobbittrailer02-126.jpg

It's an eagle. This part they're not gonna be dealing with smaug.

So Smaug is only going to be in the second film? I know that they're adding stuff on, but I always thought Smaug was the main focus of the story.

So Smaug is only going to be in the second film? I know that they're adding stuff on, but I always thought Smaug was the main focus of the story.

He may get a cameo in the first and third film but film 2 will be centered around him. So he's a central part of the plot but the whole hobbit isn't totally about smaug. Though, Gandalf's secret plot was to kill Smaug so Sauron would not have him to cause problems in the north.

Spiders should be in the first film correct?

Well, I think you might see one just because of that scene with radagast finding out Sauron is on his way back. However, you may not see much more than that since the movie is going to end before they get to mirkwood which is where the spiders have made their home.

I don't know why, but the CGI in the trailer left me feeling a little. Overwhelmed.

LOTR Special Effects were awesome. (Not just the CGI but the makeup and clothes etc) but here it looks like they ditched that route and went for CGI everything.

Back