The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Got ya. Yeah, they broke the street date then. Not surprised as it happens all the time.

New trailer on the 19th and new content throughout the week according to Peter Jackson on Facebook.

Any links to the pre-orders of the toys for this movie? Curious as to what they look like.

Gollum looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

My how computer graphics have changed in 10+ years. Gollum looks photorealistic. My biggest complaint with Gollum was always his eyes. His irises looked like they were painted on big marbles - they had no depth! That definitely seems to be fixed. That said, does anyone else think one of his eyes looks bigger than the other?

tumblr_mahtq2S8ZJ1r1k0mzo3_1280.jpg

Orcrist looks so badass. What's up with the Calvin Klein model dwarf?:lol Guess they had to throw something in for the ladies.

I seem to remember Peter Jackson outright saying that like a year and a half ago. They wanted a "Viggo Mortenson" for "The Hobbit".

I never had a problem with the special effects from the LOTR films, especially those used for Smeagol. To answer your question though Agen Kolar, the eye proportions look off due to the lighting. I'm sure under normal circumstances they will appear fine.

By the way, I got my tungsten carbide 18k plated "One Ring" today. It definitely doesn't seem to scratch easy, if at all. Although, I'm not sure if the "markings" would be able to sustain themselves under a knife.

I love this shot. We can see his reaction to the grandeur of what he's seeing, while also getting an idea of the view through the reflection in the water. I like it:

hrthehobbitanunexpected.jpg

I never had a problem with the special effects from the LOTR films, especially those used for Smeagol. To answer your question though Agen Kolar, the eye proportions look off due to the lighting. I'm sure under normal circumstances they will appear fine.

By the way, I got my tungsten carbide 18k plated "One Ring" today. It definitely doesn't seem to scratch easy, if at all. Although, I'm not sure if the "markings" would be able to sustain themselves under a knife.

Well duh, the one ring cannot even be destroyed let alone scratched !

Back