The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

:exactly:LOTR is the most epic trilogy put on the big screen. Nothing can compare to it's scope.

Star wars fans might have something to say about that (at least with regards to the original trilogy).

But if the hobbit movies hits the ball out of the park, then the 5 movies will undoubtedly be the best movie series of all time.

I would have to agree, LOTR EE are the only set of movies that truly are worthy and deserving of the title EPIC.

Harry Potter, as good as they are collectively, is not EPIC for me, too inconsistent in quality.

With Hobbit coming next, nothing will even come close to removing LOTR from the top.

Sorry James Cameron. :pfft: at your Avatar, next time use lolz cats.

Star Wars PT shouldn't even be used in the same sentence as LOTR. :nono

If I could, I would adopt a Hobbit in a heart beat.

Last edited:

You might be singing a different song if Star Wars had been based on the fiction of an Oxford linguist.

the fiction of an Oxford linguist.

And a cunning linguist at that.

I want to see what Smaug looks like, that's all I care about. Grew up with that horrible Bakshi Smaug but was always fascinated by it. And the name is perfection.

bakshi-hobbit.jpg

And a cunning linguist at that.

I want to see what Smaug looks like, that's all I care about. Grew up with that horrible Bakshi Smaug but was always fascinated by it. And the name is perfection.

bakshi-hobbit.jpg

Bakshi gets ridiculed too much in Tolkien fandom so I must correct this - that is NOT Bakshi but the Rankin Bass version of the Hobbit. Bakshi did Lord of the Rings Part 1, Rankin Bass did The Hobbit and The Return of the King as musicals of sorts. Saul Zaentz may have produced all three.

Rankin/Bass. He had a good voice.

I believe the PT were based on the fiction of a chimpanzee who ate and flung poop at passing motorist.

Thanks George. :hi5:

Do you lick 9 volt batteries?

I would have to agree, LOTR EE are the only set of movies that truly are worthy and deserving of the title EPIC.

Harry Potter, as good as they are collectively, is not EPIC for me, too inconsistent in quality.

With Hobbit coming next, nothing will even come close to removing LOTR from the top.

Sorry James Cameron. :pfft: at your Avatar, next time use lolz cats.

Star Wars PT shouldn't even be used in the same sentence as LOTR. :nono

If I could, I would adopt a Hobbit in a heart beat.

I grew up on LOTR, Harry Potter and Star Wars.

HP has a special spot in my heart, so for me they are an Epic series. Star Wars, not so much. I love Star Wars, but the characters are at time not even relatable. To me, Star Wars is more of a "fun" movie then an epic saga. You care what happens in the story but you don't get emotionally attached to each character like you do in HP or LOTRs.

LOTRs (IMO) is the most Epic film series so far. If Hobbit even comes close, I'll be happy.

For me personally LOTR is hear and shoulders above everything else. They're not perfect films but they're as close to them for me as you can get. I guess you could say they're a perfect storm.

Unfortunately I missed the EEs while they were in theaters, but I will be buying the bluray.

I'm guessing based on all the comments here that the extended scenes are completely worth it.

Can't wait. :yess:

I've never been the worlds biggest Star Wars fan, but I enjoy the films. More so the OT than the PT of course.

In my eyes they are also about being a fun series.

But watching after finishing The Fellowship, and The Two Towers last night i must say there is an attachment there that for me Star Wars lacks.

There's an emotional attachment there that I felt. Watching the battle of Helm's Deep was awesome and then when all hope seems lost having Gandalf appear with the sun to his back was great.

Plus the music in this series is some of the best I have ever heard. I love that song they play throughout TTT with the violins. (If those are violins :dunno)

I also thought it was cool that they played Enya during the credits of The Fellowship.

:duff :duff

I just finished my yearly reading of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and I admit I get a bit teary eyed when I read the last couple of words. Gonna have a Trilogy Marathon with a dear friend in a couple weeks and am looking forward to it.

:duff :duff

I just finished my yearly reading of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and I admit I get a bit teary eyed when I read the last couple of words. Gonna have a Trilogy Marathon with a dear friend in a couple weeks and am looking forward to it.

:yess::yess::clap:yess::yess:

Back