The Official SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good point about ink costs. I once printed a 40 something page guide for a Zelda game, and realized when I finished the game that I barely used the guide.

Sounds like a worthwhile guide, but the $20 price kinda hurts. I remembered the good old days when guides used to be $10-$15.

If they have an open one at your store I suggest flipping through it to see if it's worth it to you. I know Gamestop does a 10% discount of the guide which is about $2....but also consider here that SSBB itself is $49.99...which is much lower than PS3 and X-Box 360 games...plus the $20 guide and that tallies up to ONE PS3/X-Box 360 game....not a bad deal.

The guides I saw at Wal-Mart are all sealed in plastic...they might have an open one at your store for display purposes.

I'm wondering how many people will turn up at my local Gamestop... :monkey1

If they have an open one at your store I suggest flipping through it to see if it's worth it to you. I know Gamestop does a 10% discount of the guide which is about $2....but also consider here that SSBB itself is $49.99...which is much lower than PS3 and X-Box 360 games...plus the $20 guide and that tallies up to ONE PS3/X-Box 360 game....not a bad deal.

The guides I saw at Wal-Mart are all sealed in plastic...they might have an open one at your store for display purposes.

I'm wondering how many people will turn up at my local Gamestop... :monkey1

At TRU there is a coupon that people have that saves you 10 off of 50 or more. so the game would be even cheaper. I took a look at the guide yesterday, me and a manager found one that.....accidentley got opened when the SRS person checked the contents of the box after delivery. :monkey3

For everyone buying Brawl from Gamestop, you can use this 10% off coupon on it. Since Brawl is $50, you'll only save $5, but savings are savings no matter how you look at it. I've been using it non-stop for the last few months whenever I buy any game from Gamestop (the coupon updates every month):

emailff6.png

here's a smaller one for easier printing:
couponzn7.png

just print and use.

For everyone buying Brawl from Gamestop, you can use this 10% off coupon on it. Since Brawl is $50, you'll only save $5, but savings are savings no matter how you look at it. I've been using it non-stop for the last few months whenever I buy any game from Gamestop (the coupon updates every month):

here's a smaller one for easier printing:

just print and use.

:rotfl

Was thinking of using it but then remembered that I get 10% at tru already. but I could probley use it on some Halo figures, since TRU is screwed up on pricing (20 for red spartan and grunts).

:rotfl

Was thinking of using it but then remembered that I get 10% at tru already. but I could probley use it on some Halo figures, since TRU is screwed up on pricing (20 for red spartan and grunts).

Do you have the 10 off 50 coupon for TRU? or is it a paper coupon that's limited to one use? Or is it an employee thing.

Either way I've already pre-ordered my SSBB from Gamestop so I'll use the 10% coupon.

Do you have the 10 off 50 coupon for TRU? or is it a paper coupon that's limited to one use? Or is it an employee thing.

Either way I've already pre-ordered my SSBB from Gamestop so I'll use the 10% coupon.

its a coupon that people get sent to them in the regular mail.

lol i walked into walmart at 12am and picked one up, was the first one to get it there. No line, no hassle. :lol

Last edited:
how do you connect your wii to the internet using an ethernet cable? is there an ethernet port on the wii like there is on the PS3 or Xbox?

My Gawd.....I stayed up until 4 AM yesterday playing.....my wife and I are both zonked. Haven't tried the Wi-Fi version yet, still getting the rust off but definitely looking forward to it.

BTW, I didn't think I would but I love the two handed Wii/Nunchuk playing. Switched to the GC controller and switched back actually preferred the Wii way.....

how many guys did you unlock? so far i got ness, luigi, snake, and some other dude.

I've only gotten Lucas and Marth so far. I'm not sure what is involved in unlocking the various characters and stages, I'll hunt for a FAQ later.

Do you remember what milestone or event you reached to get Snake?

I've only gotten Lucas and Marth so far. I'm not sure what is involved in unlocking the various characters and stages, I'll hunt for a FAQ later.

Do you remember what milestone or event you reached to get Snake?

pm sent because i know some people consider this stuff spoilers. :eek:

IGN has the list of unlockables and how to do it. We kept getting them but I only play with Samus and she with Zelda so we really didn't pay attention...I believe the last one we got was Lucario but I'd have to turn it on to find out....and the little lady is working out. :D

what are your guys' friends codes?

I can connect to the Wii network, but can't seem to find anyone to play games with. it just keep saying it is seeking other players but nothing ever happens past that.

Back