The Official SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better get this for my birthday from someone or i will be PISSED. I love the GC one and this one looks to totally blow it away.

I better get this for my birthday from someone or i will be PISSED. I love the GC one and this one looks to totally blow it away.

Wait a minute, aren't you that guy who was supposed to help out several people from SDCC last year, and not one person got anything?

My TRU will be getting in Wii's on that Sunday, think its around 69 or so.

Yeah, that seems about right. Also, GameStops are holding Wii tournaments. Some of you guys might want to check out the GS website.

Wait a minute, aren't you that guy who was supposed to help out several people from SDCC last year, and not one person got anything?

Actually I helped out at least 2 people and most of the stuff was stuff I either couldn't get in on or didn't have cash to pick up. Hell, I didn't even get all the stuff I wanted. It's not like I was there myself.

Is Gamestop any other game retailers going to hold a midnight release for SSBB? March 9th is a Sunday, which is very unusual for a video game release date.

Gamestop IS INDEED doing a midnight release....at least my local one is.

Call yours to see if they're in on it. It's actually a great time to release a game, I don't have to worry about work then! :chew

Thanks for the heads up, Bardoon! :rock My Gamestop is doing a midnight release as well. Anyone up for midnight mayhem online?

angrypikachuqk9.jpg

Yeah I called my local Gamestop today and they'll also be holding a midnight release. Gonna get some beer and snacks and Smash with my buds until daylight.

I'd definitely be up for online play with anyone here interested.

Huh....a midnight release which would mean tomorrow at 11:59 I could be waiting in line for one and play all day on Sunday......hmmmmm......I wonder if its too late to reserve one.

Huh....a midnight release which would mean tomorrow at 11:59 I could be waiting in line for one and play all day on Sunday......hmmmmm......I wonder if its too late to reserve one.

Depends, Gamestop has their copies in store already. Now if they have extras to sell not for pre orders, then those may be up for grabs if someone pre ordered one today.....if that makes sense.

1.Mario
alternate: Captain Falcon

I really want to play as Sonic, Ike, and Snake. Heck, I want to try all of the new challengers.

My "Go-To" is Samus but I'm interested to try out all the characters and see if I get another character to play. The only ones I've mastered are Link and Samus and calling it mastery is loose at best.

I hear the gameplay speed has changed. Some of my friends who have gotten their hands on the import version told me the game speed is slower than that of SSB Melee.

The developers also took out a couple of exploits that allowed expert players to execute techniques such as the Wave Dash (or the obsolete wave dance). That sucks, but I'll get over it.

SSBB is only 1 day away!!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it.

I just got a job that's paying like $500 so I'm thinking of finally getting a Wii and this game. Too fun. I really liked Melee on the gamecube so this should be even better.

Who thinks this will sell more than Halo 3?

I just got a job that's paying like $500 so I'm thinking of finally getting a Wii and this game. Too fun. I really liked Melee on the gamecube so this should be even better.

Who thinks this will sell more than Halo 3?

I doubt it, but it's possible although it won't happen right away. SSB Melee sold a lot but it was a sleeper hit (it just kept selling throughout the GC's lifespan).

Halo 3 raked in about $170 million during it's first day of release, making it the fastest selling entertainment ANYTHING in history. I don't think SSBB can top that, no matter how popular it is.

Get a Wii! You'll love it. I don't think they're that difficult to find anymore.

Looking at sales from Japan with how they sold like a million copies in the first week, that might be an indication of popularity here, but seeing as how Japan is crazy for games of that style--most likely not. Especially since I hardly see any advertising for this and Halo 3 had ridiculous advertising.

I'm not worried about SSBB sales. It's gonna sell a lot of Wii systems and make Nintendo a whole lot of money. I know a few friends who actually waited for SSBB to come out before buying a Wii. 2 of those friends actually bought their Wii's last week.

Will you guys use the nunchuk and Wii remote to play SSBB? I don't know if I'll be comfortable with that. Being a hardcore SSBM player, I must have a Gamecube controller in order to play.

Just came back from EB Games, reserved it and am all set up for midnight tomorrow! :rock

They are gonna have 4 of us there Sunday for the Wii/Smash sale on sunday (3 registers and one table). Sale is you get 50% of select wii games...or was it free...cant remember. Thing is one of the guys is going to a midnight release, then staying for a tournament and then having another one with his friends when he gets back home....so he wont be a happy sailor when he comes in to work.

Ah well, the Smash poster we got in goes to one of the guys that works there, and Im making sure the gal at work is getting the preorder stand (gotta get the points with her yeah?:rolleyes:) 144 copies of the game and only 18 preorders as of 3pm today.

Back