The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't wall-bounce and ONLY use the Gnasher then everyone will tell you that you suck and shouldn't play.

There is a HUGE number of players who feel this game is Gnashers of War and it's the only acceptable weapon to use in the game.

Yeah this game has turned into a gnasher based game. :(

It's been that way since Gears 1, but people didn't cry like little girls when you used something else.

I don't care what weapon you use...there are some that annoy me like people who have modded controllers with the hammer burst that down you in half a second, but if people wanna use the Gnasher then use it......just don't PM me that I suck at Gears because I killed you with something else.

I just laugh when I get message when I use the SO. People don't like it because they get killed. Hell, I've heard people from the brotherhood who have said its an unskilled weapon. I say thats bs and if you let me get close enough with it then that's your fault. I'm gonna play how I want to have fun if others don't like it then good for them.

I just laugh when I get message when I use the SO. People don't like it because they get killed. Hell, I've heard people from the brotherhood who have said its an unskilled weapon. I say thats bs and if you let me get close enough with it then that's your fault. I'm gonna play how I want to have fun if others don't like it then good for them.

I figure, if it's in the game, I'm going to use it. The Gnasher kills just as easily as the SO within the same range, so I don't know why people _____ out it.

Been SO busy, I need to find time for some Gears

It's been that way since Gears 1, but people didn't cry like little girls when you used something else.

I don't care what weapon you use...there are some that annoy me like people who have modded controllers with the hammer burst that down you in half a second, but if people wanna use the Gnasher then use it......just don't PM me that I suck at Gears because I killed you with something else.

I run around straight kamikaze with the bayonet charge when I play king of the hill. I don't even fire it hardly :lol

I agree. I will admit that the SO doesn't exactly take the same "skill" as the Sniper does, but yet no one complains about the Boomshot or Digger and how much "skill" is involved there?

I'm to a point where the only things that really upset me are the modded controllers and glitching in addition to the fact that most games are not on the "promised" dedicated servers which is what caused me to put the game down and stop playing back in Jan. I just picked it up to play again after the recent DLC.

Yeah its always been a gnasher based game. I dont really care but it does annoy me when Im at a range that Im using my lancer/retro and the opponent is still sticking to using the gnasher and magically he'll end up downing me and I just cant get over the fact that I was using a rifle cause we were pretty far apart, thinking thats not a gnasher fight, and usually im proven wrong...I just dont get it. Other than that...yeah I just blame gears of war.

Yeah its always been a gnasher based game. I dont really care but it does annoy me when Im at a range that Im using my lancer/retro and the opponent is still sticking to using the gnasher and magically he'll end up downing me and I just cant get over the fact that I was using a rifle cause we were pretty far apart, thinking thats not a gnasher fight, and usually im proven wrong...I just dont get it. Other than that...yeah I just blame gears of war.

I know right? I kept getting downed from way too far away with it the other day. I heard epic will be updating the hitboxes soon

I agree. I will admit that the SO doesn't exactly take the same "skill" as the Sniper does, but yet no one complains about the Boomshot or Digger and how much "skill" is involved there?

I'm to a point where the only things that really upset me are the modded controllers and glitching in addition to the fact that most games are not on the "promised" dedicated servers which is what caused me to put the game down and stop playing back in Jan. I just picked it up to play again after the recent DLC.

:goodpost::exactly:

from Twitter...

Peter Knepley ‏ @PeteNub
Going to put Guardian on all maps this weekend, if you don't already have "Force Multiplayer" make sure to get it before Friday :)

Finally ONYX'd the Loot Courtesan medal for Horde and Unlocked the Gold Miner and Locust Golden Hunter (not that I'll ever use those characters :lol). :yess:

Yeah this was the weekend to work on Horde medals. I onyxed Horder for the 3rd time, Loot Courtesan for the 6th and Big Money for the 3rd. Plus I went from a green 84 to green 95 since Friday.

Yeah this was the weekend to work on Horde medals. I onyxed Horder for the 3rd time, Loot Courtesan for the 6th and Big Money for the 3rd. Plus I went from a green 84 to green 95 since Friday.

Were you playing Horde on Insane? I heard there was mega xp for that during 2x weekend.

Were you playing Horde on Insane? I heard there was mega xp for that during 2x weekend.

Yeah. I play on insane with 2 hard mutators if we have a full team. If not I add in super reload to make up for being short players. Aside from the double xp they also had bonus levels every other wave instead of every 4th wave.

Was playing some solo Horde on insane last night and found that the little room on Cove where the digger/longshot spawns is a great little place to settle in and fortify.

Also, figured I'd play a few rounds of 24/7 before going to bed and it's a good thing I did since I got an invite from another player to try and get the Force Multiplier achievement for killing a Lambent Berserker. :yess: Now the only achievement left to complete from the Forces of Nature DLC is Beast on all 5 maps and I already have Aftermath done.

I know that's crazy. Been playing this again the last couple weekends. Managed to go from 85 to 92 in the process. The one thing that still puzzles me is why do so many douchebags play this game. I mean get your kill and move on.

Back