The NEXT RAIDERS Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the NEXT Indiana Jones character figure?

• Marion

Votes: 62 34.4%
  • Sallah

Votes: 22 12.2%
  • Toht

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Belloq

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Dietrich

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Monkey Man

• German Mechanic

• Cairo Swordsman

Votes: 11 6.1%

• Total voters
Well, I'm not terribly excited for any more RAIDERS figures, but I'd really like to see SS tackle Henry Sr. That's the only other Indy figure I'd want.

Well, I'm not terribly excited for any more RAIDERS figures, but I'd really like to see SS tackle Henry Sr. That's the only other Indy figure I'd want.

That would be my pick as well. I would want other characters also, but SS needs to do Henry Sr. Beyond that, Mola Rom, Young Indy, Short Round and Sallah. I would even purchase Marcus Brody.

My call: Map Room Sallah, exclusive accessory the Ark of the Covenant (in the same fashion as Belloq with the Idol pedestal).

I'm going to be VERY surprised if SS doesn't do Henry, unless there's some wacked likeness rights issue (which I doubt since we got Henry from Hasbro).

I'd also like to see KOTCS- and TLC-era Indy figures. A TOD Indy (with the ripped shirt etc.) would be nice but I dunno if SS could pull it off well without some sort of rubber muscle body.

I'm going to be VERY surprised if SS doesn't do Henry, unless there's some wacked likeness rights issue (which I doubt since we got Henry from Hasbro).

I think you just touched upon something.

Sean Connery turned Skull down. Lucas was NOT happy. So it's unlikely that Lucas would not want to deal with Connery for likeness issues specific to a SS protrait headsculpt that has to look like Connery. Obviously the 3 3/4" figs can be made because there's no likeness rights. Also might explain why Henry wasn't done in the Hasbro 12" line.

Not sure if this is true... but if we don't get Henry, it might explain things.

I think you just touched upon something.

Sean Connery turned Skull down. Lucas was NOT happy. So it's unlikely that Lucas would not want to deal with Connery for likeness issues specific to a SS protrait headsculpt that has to look like Connery. Obviously the 3 3/4" figs can be made because there's no likeness rights. Also might explain why Henry wasn't done in the Hasbro 12" line.

Not sure if this is true... but if we don't get Henry, it might explain things.
Good reasoning, but what about the Medicom Henry?

I'm sure they have the right to make him.

No put that hobbit body to work and give us Shortround.

Docta Jones Docta Jones!!!

I want to see them make Marion next and my vote for the outfit she'd wear would be the "Raven Bar" outfit.

The other oufits have been used before with the other Marion toys.....I think it's about high time they use the bar outfit.....

At the very least add it as a second outfit for the figure if they release her in the white dress.

I agree. Logic below...

I was talking to Pjam today, and if SS continues with any more Raiders figures at all, MARION now seems to be the most likely.

So we're back to the question: which outfit?

Cairo Outfit has been done to death.

Belloq Dress is the most iconic, since she wears it for half the film, but not ideal for a jointed body.

But I have to say, for me personally, the Bar Outfit is where she's the most 'Marion": she's tough, she's wiley, she punches Indy, she smokes...

I also think the Bar Outfit is the best for the non-exposed joint issue. Also, it's the easiest sculpt because her hair's pulled back. The outfit may not be very flattering or sexy, but it would look best in 1/6th.

Anyway, here's my thoughts on what she could come with:

Bar Outfit: Ra medallion (key), shot glass, smokes, wad of cash, torch (log from fire really) and maybe the nazi gun she grabs.

Cairo Outfit: monkey, fry pan, and a basket (cool stuff actually).

Belloq Dress: not much here...maybe a torch, maybe those wedge blocks from the plane, a drinking glass and dinner knife from Belloq's table??? She really doesn't have anything too interesting. Unless they gave her the ark.

So, given all that, what's your preference?

OK -- Toht, down.

So what's next? :D

I was talking to Pjam today, and if SS continues with any more Raiders figures at all, MARION now seems to be the most likely.

So we're back to the question: which outfit?

Cairo Outfit has been done to death.

Belloq Dress is the most iconic, since she wears it for half the film, but not ideal for a jointed body.

But I have to say, for me personally, the Bar Outfit is where she's the most 'Marion": she's tough, she's wiley, she punches Indy, she smokes...

I also think the Bar Outfit is the best for the non-exposed joint issue. Also, it's the easiest sculpt because her hair's pulled back. The outfit may not be very flattering or sexy, but it would look best in 1/6th.

Anyway, here's my thoughts on what she could come with:

Bar Outfit: Ra medallion (key), shot glass, smokes, wad of cash, torch (log from fire really) and maybe the nazi gun she grabs.

Cairo Outfit: monkey, fry pan, and a basket (cool stuff actually).

Belloq Dress: not much here...maybe a torch, maybe those wedge blocks from the plane, a drinking glass and dinner knife from Belloq's table??? She really doesn't have anything too interesting. Unless they gave her the ark.

So, given all that, what's your preference?

I want to see them make Marion next and my vote for the outfit she'd wear would be the "Raven Bar" outfit.

The other oufits have been used before with the other Marion toys.....I think it's about high time they use the bar outfit.....

At the very least add it as a second outfit for the figure if they release her in the white dress.

You know, I was thinking as I read the inside of my Indy Jones box that we may have a clue as to the order of figures to be released by SS from ROTLA.

Indy is mentioned first, then Belloq, then Toht - Exactly 1, 2, 3 in terms of SS releases (of course, also as appearances in the film).

#4 mentioned - Marion in the Raven Bar! (agreed, I would LOVE to see the figure come in this outfit, it would make for a really cool 'adventure' companion to Indy)

#5 mentioned - Sallah. Surely in his desert digging attire. Let's hope his exclusive environment is either the Map Room (or section thereof) or the Ark itself! :rock

I'm also still hoping for a 'Map-Room' Indy figure (SDCC exclusive?) or perhaps his attire will come as an extra with Sallah (so you can dress your Indy to match!)

Just a thought...

Here's something else I just discovered...

Indy = item # 3905
Belloq = item # 3908
Toht = item # 3909

So there's two more items there...and it's likely that there's more Raiders characters since the numbers fall inbetween Indy and Belloq.

So Marion becomes ever more likely. And perhaps Sallah?

You know, I was thinking as I read the inside of my Indy Jones box that we may have a clue as to the order of figures to be released by SS from ROTLA.

Indy is mentioned first, then Belloq, then Toht - Exactly 1, 2, 3 in terms of SS releases (of course, also as appearances in the film).

#4 mentioned - Marion in the Raven Bar! (agreed, I would LOVE to see the figure come in this outfit, it would make for a really cool 'adventure' companion to Indy)

#5 mentioned - Sallah. Surely in his desert digging attire. Let's hope his exclusive environment is either the Map Room (or section thereof) or the Ark itself! :rock

I'm also still hoping for a 'Map-Room' Indy figure (SDCC exclusive?) or perhaps his attire will come as an extra with Sallah (so you can dress your Indy to match!)

Just a thought...

Interesting...

Last edited:
I think I remember reading, somewhere on this site, that item numbers don't necessarily equal releases, but could instead reflect a code assigned to another sculptor's version of a figure that was abandoned early in the production process. Or maybe it's just I have no interest in Sallah or Marion and want Mola Ram to be the next figure.

I think I remember reading, somewhere on this site, that item numbers don't necessarily equal releases, but could instead reflect a code assigned to another sculptor's version of a figure that was abandoned early in the production process. Or maybe it's just I have no interest in Sallah or Marion and want Mola Ram to be the next figure.

That may be true. Not sure who they may have abandoned (# 06 and 07)... perhaps those numbers went to Toht's melting head and Indy's hatless head.

But I prefer my theory that 2 more figs are coming from "RAIDERS of the Lost Ark". :)

Yeah, or maybe they asked a couple of people to sculpt Indy, assigned project codes to both of them but went forward with Trevor's...

...or there are two more Raiders figures waiting for release. But I'm still hoping that's not the case and Mola Ram is lurking around the corner - he's the only other Indy figure I'd get.

I'll definitely buy Sallah and Marion if Sideshow makes them. I'm one of those that DOES care about these characters. :D I'm really hoping that they do get made. Now we know for sure we're getting three major characters from Raiders. Indy that's already out, and Belloq and Toht. Yeah, I want a Mola Ram too. I think they could use the new smaller Hot Toys body they used for Frodo and Sam for a Short Round from TOD. Hopefully Sideshow will do that.

I really hope we get a Marion and Sallah (maybe even a Dietrich!) before they start doing other films.

I would love Marion in her white dress, the bottom of the dress could come off and wrap around a torch, she could have removable heels, and the cobra from the well of souls. Maybe make the exclusive the wheel chocks from the flying wing that she hit the pilot with.

Then they need to kick off the Temple of Doom stuff with a Premium Format of Mola Ram holding the heart up in the air. (omg please)

Then another 1/6 Scale of Indy in his Tuxedo from Shanghai in the opening of ToD.

Maybe follow that with Willie in her Red Dress and make her exclusive Shortround.

Also I want a Pat Roach 2-pack at some point with the German Mechanic from the raiders fight and the Thuggee Chief from the rock crusher fight.

That may be true. Not sure who they may have abandoned (# 06 and 07)... perhaps those numbers went to Toht's melting head and Indy's hatless head.

But I prefer my theory that 2 more figs are coming from "RAIDERS of the Lost Ark". :)

I'd prefer a Marion and Henry Snr. or Marion and Mola than a Marion and Sallah.

A bar Marion with a hair up and hair down sculpt and maybe the white dress would be cool.

Back