The Metal Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favourite metal albums:

- Megadeth: Rust In Peace
- Metallica: Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets
- In Flames: The Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman, Reroute to Remain
- Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake
- Arch Enemy: Wages of Sin
- Soilwork: Stabbing the Drama, The Chainheart Machine, Natural Born Chaos
- Black Sabbath: Master of Reality, Paranoid, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
- Pantera: Cowboys From Hell
- Insomnium: Above the Weeping World
- Black Label Society: The Blessed Hellride
- Dark Tranquillity: Fiction
- Opeth: Blackwater Park, Deliverance, Watershed, Ghost Reveries
- Machine Head: Through the Ashes of Empires, The Blackening
- Killswitch Engage: Alive or Just Breathing
- Iron Maiden...too tough to decide

TBC

10996_apocalyptica_worlds_collide.jpg
24139_chthonic_mirror_of_retribution.jpg

32656_moi_dix_mois_dsect.jpg
paradiselo_inrequiem.jpg

rammstein-made-in-germany-album-cover.jpg
P0720642521229_1.jpg

1998-Soulfly-Soulfly.jpg
140178;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

I agree. But I have a hard time seeing them as Black Sabbath albums. It sounds like a different band entirely. Especially after Sabotage.

I agree. But I have a hard time seeing them as Black Sabbath albums. It sounds like a different band entirely. Especially after Sabotage.

Well that would be because Sabbath classify themselves as rock and roll not metal. Elements from those two albums exist on the ones before them.

my all time favorite Rammstein video, and favorite song, is like a little movie, everytime i hear this makes my feet move. love it
[ame]https://youtu.be/iREcL8BOJ4o[/ame]

another favorite video that is like a short movie is this one, my two favorite videos

[ame]https://youtu.be/tmGGl9AGqqs[/ame]

I changed my mind. I can't decide between Killers and the first album. When I think of Killers, songs like Purgatory and Ghenghis Khan are what immediately come to mind, but the debut has Strange World, Phantom of the Opera, Transylvania, Prowler...

I think the first one might be my favorite.

I understand that, but you can't deny that there is something big missing from them.

I just hear them exploring in different areas.

I changed my mind. I can't decide between Killers and the first album. When I think of Killers, songs like Purgatory and Ghenghis Khan are what immediately come to mind, but the debut has Strange World, Phantom of the Opera, Transylvania, Prowler...

I think the first one might be my favorite.

Ghenghis Khan and Murders in the Rue Morgue rock, but Powerslave is my favorite alblum of theirs. Rime of the Ancient Mariner being my favorite song.

Just about every Maiden album is awesome. I even like the 2 albums during Bruce's absence. My faves are Somewhere in Time and actually Brave New World.

I haven't listened to them since Seventh Son.

Ghenghis Khan and Murders in the Rue Morgue rock, but Powerslave is my favorite alblum of theirs. Rime of the Ancient Mariner being my favorite song.

The first piece of vinyl I ever owned was Live After Death. That tour must have been something to see.

Maiden is what got me into metal to begin with, at an early age I was into horror flicks, comics and all that, I saw my cousins Maiden records and thought Eddie was the coolest guy ever LOL.

Bands I've seen live:

- Morbid Saint
- Metallica
- Anthrax
- Artillery
- Deceased
- Slayer
- Megadeth
- Toxic Holocaust
- Destruction
- Possessed
- Exodus
- Warbringer
- Onslaught
- Motörhead
- Overkill

That's off the top of my head, there's been more and I also didn't include the underground opener bands and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Yeah Im mostly a Death Metal / Black metal guy.
If your into black metal a couple really interesting documentaries on what happened in Norway during the 90's. Once Upon a time in Norway and Until the Light Takes Us. Until the Light Takes Us is actually on netflix instant.

Ive been listening to alot of
Destroyer 666
Marduk
Burzum
Amon Amarth
Hail of Bullets - (if you like Bolt Thrower)
Dismember
Unleashed
Slayer
Toxic Holocaust
Skeleton Witch

Back