The merging of forums

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merge them all...

palpatine.jpg

:lol... I agree

Why not do away with threads altogether and just have every post go to 1 chat room. While your at it just put everything in 1 long scrolling paragraph where you can't tell who the poster was or even what topic its about.

Then you'd have something almost as easy to navigate as the general section.

:mad: Funny how so many of the members suggesting we throw the Indy section in with others are members I do not recognize from ever posting in this section… And why are they given a voice on this matter ? :mad:

I may not post here often but I do read it quite a bit.

I agree with others that Indy is NOT Disney. My God man, that is crazy talk. I say keep it as is or roll it into anything else but Disney. Truth is there aren't that many active threads here due to lack of new product.

I would much rather see an Indy thread here and there in the Star Wars section than to have to scroll through Disney threads.

Except the SW people will skin our hides for it. But I agree Indy is more akin to SW than anything else.

Rename the main Star Wars category "Lucasfilm / Disney" but keep the existing Star Wars forums exactly how they are (so nothing changes to navigate them).

Then create a new forum under that category for "Misc. Lucas/Disney Licenses" with a description that mentions Indiana Jones and any other popular licenses - toss the existing Disney and Indy forum threads in there.

Rename the main Star Wars category "Lucasfilm / Disney" but keep the existing Star Wars forums exactly how they are (so nothing changes to navigate them).

Then create a new forum under that category for "Misc. Lucas/Disney Licenses" with a description that mentions Indiana Jones and any other popular licenses - toss the existing Disney and Indy forum threads in there.

What woul be the point if that? More confusion with the same number if subsections.

Just do one long runon sentence, disable punctuation and mix everything together. Also remove the quote feature.

Combining Disney and Indy eliminates one forum and renaming the category that holds them and SW unifies and cleans up the existing categories of the forum by brand/licensor.

This keeps Indy and Disney threads (Pirates, Tron, etc.) easy to find and makes sure they have a dedicated place for the future - Hot Toys seems to be adamant about keeping the Disney licenses alive.

Together, these two will have more threads and posts than a few other forums on the site if size comparison means anything to anyone. Merging either/both into the General section would really kill the content and future content for both - General is far too widespread in content and traffic.

I'd probably split the General into Movies/TV and Everything Else (including sports) as well. Putting Whedon into Movies/TV and also merging in the Horror forums. I'd also merge in the Aliens+Robots action figures and leave the statues forum alone, but under the General category. lastly, I'd clean up the board business category as there are too many forums there.

This is all about organization and streamlining the user experience, as there is no server-side savings in processing nor storage space by combining or merging anything.

Last edited:
^^^That all probably makes a lot of sense in your head pixie, but I'm not seeing it as being any easier for the user experience side if things.

Vb4 is a good move, but whatever you do, don't ever go to vb5. Ever. VB4 is the end of the line for VB. They'll never manage to get VB5 in working order, they've barely made a dent in bug fixes alone in over a year.

Back