The merging of forums

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that the forum section listing is that large that you need to trim it. I like being able to get to the Indy section quickly.

Can you merge it with Disney? I feel that Disney would be a better fit as they own the franchise and it would be easier to find then the General folder.
Until the General Collectibles sub-forum is re-organized/segmented, I don't think anything should be merged into that sub-forum, it's already got too much stuff in it as it is.

These :lecture

Why not a LucasFilm Forum with Star Wars and Indy as sub-forums?

If Whedon can still have its own section, and LOTR, why can't we just leave it the way it is? Or merge it into a Lucasfilm forum with Star Wars.

If Whedon can still have its own section, and LOTR, why can't we just leave it the way it is? Or merge it into a Lucasfilm forum with Star Wars.

There's already a post in Whedonville from DLD warning folks of its imminent closure, so pointing out Whdeonville is moot.

There's lots of LOTR merch going around with The Hobbit and whatnot. Asmus and ACI are both making figures. WETA's doing stuff, there're small scale figures from Bridge Direct as well.

Re: Lucasilm Forum. . . Putting Star Wars inside of another sub-forum just so Indiana Jones can be separated from everything else doesn't make sense. You'd be burying one of the most popular licenses just to keep an unpopular license insulated from everything else.

Once the Indy Customizations thread is moved into the Custom Creations forum where it belongs, the DX Indy thread will sink to the bottom as it naturally should as with any other old thread. The figure is old news at this point, it doesn't need to be at the top. Everything else in this forum is either a statue or a custom gallery thread.

1/6 needs it's own forum. . . but I've already said this 3 or 4 times in these various threads that pop up.

Indy is one of the only licenses I collect hut I'm not diluted into thinking that its heavily frequented. If its moved General needs to seriously be cleaned up. Same thing with Whedonville. I dislike all the Whedon crap but if its to be moved clean that General section up. These two licenses aren't frequented much but they have faithful die hard fans.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Amen.

Best,

Robert

Indy is one of the only licenses I collect hut I'm not diluted into thinking that its heavily frequented. If its moved General needs to seriously be cleaned up. Same thing with Whedonville. I dislike all the Whedon crap but if its to be moved clean that General section up. These two licenses aren't frequented much but they have faithful die hard fans.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Wait...so what happens when Indy 5 makes bank and SS starts pumping out a ton of stuff, or they have a new Disney release? Snow White was a rumored possibility...I don't see the upside for confusing the forums with licenses that are not dead, just quiet.

Plus the search function sucks here.

My preference would be for Indiana Jones to retain a separate section. It was unclear as to the advantage of merging with another section.

Perhaps fairest would be to hold a poll and go with the majority.

I know Disney owns Lucasfilm and everything, but I still don't think "Disney" when I think of Indiana Jones. I think people searching for this kind of stuff might not even think to look there.

Why not merge it with Star Wars and call it a "Star Wars/Lucasfilm" section?

:mad: Funny how so many of the members suggesting we throw the Indy section in with others are members I do not recognize from ever posting in this section… And why are they given a voice on this matter ? :mad:

Amen part two

Best,

Robert

:mad: Funny how so many of the members suggesting we throw the Indy section in with others are members I do not recognize from ever posting in this section… And why are they given a voice on this matter ? :mad:

Best,

Robert

I think we need 2 Indiana Jones forums.

1 for discussing the Hot Toys Indy figure

1 for everything else Jones related

I am still not sure what the motivation is. Sideshow is still making Indy/Disney products. Maybe not that many atm, but it just takes one hot item to light up the boards. I have never noticed any advertising on here so it cant be about the number of clicks per board can it? Because I can post more!

It should never have been made. Merge it with Disney, not General.

I agree with it never being needed in the first place... I seem to recall it kind of getting strong-armed into existence :lol

Why not a LucasFilm Forum with Star Wars and Indy as sub-forums?

That might be a better idea... I don't know about merging it with Disney as I just don't associate the two together. Honestly I'd think general would be fine.

I think it's the point that no one really posts here... there are a few threads that get attention and are posted on with some regularity, but for the most part this forum is quiet.

Back