The MEG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Box office mojo. We will be getting a sequel.

SATURDAY AM UPDATE: Warner Bros.'s The Meg is dramatically outperforming expectations, bringing in an estimated $16.5 million on Friday, heading toward what could possibly be a $40 million debut. The film received a "B+" CinemaScore from opening day audiences.

Watched this last night.

Highest budgeted and best acted Sci Fi channel shark movie ever.

It was OK. But you need to go in expecting dumb, dumb, and more dumb.

It was almost 2 hours.. Which is way to long for a movie like this.

R rating would have helped.

Most of theaters in my area had very good showings as far as recerved seating goes.

Hmm you also said that the second best shark movie ever made was a Sci-Fi original so now I don't know if The Meg is great or terrible. ;)

But in seriousness does it at least have a high "chomping" count?

From Box office mojo. We will be getting a sequel.

SATURDAY AM UPDATE: Warner Bros.'s The Meg is dramatically outperforming expectations, bringing in an estimated $16.5 million on Friday, heading toward what could possibly be a $40 million debut. The film received a "B+" CinemaScore from opening day audiences.

Holy hell... who'd of thought?

This thing going to make it into a Godzilla movie?

People will watch anything...
The more simple it is the more they like it...Jumqnji and this trash do well you know decent films are in big trouble.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I give a 8. A fun swim on the big screen. Jaws still my favorite shark tale's so much more to the climatic scene's from the actor's being scared. Statham should have been listening to Deadpool and wore his red or brown pant's he would be in shock , like the girl from jaws 2 out of her friggin mind with fear Statham should've been imo.

I was expecting a lot more chomping. There's one death that's not even the shark eating someone - just a standard 'slowly dies after being injured'.

The film was very enjoyable though and nowhere near as corny or cheesy as I was expecting. There are some touching moments.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What? Its a shark movie and no one gets eaten? I must be misreading your post.

When you say "there's one death" do you mean there's only one... or only one that's not eaten by the shark?

Hmm you also said that the second best shark movie ever made was a Sci-Fi original
so now I don't know if The Meg is great or terrible.
;)

The Reef??? That was not a Sci Fi film.. It was an Australian made film and was released in theaters over there. Straight to DVD hear in the states..

Thank you very much ;)

I was expecting a lot more chomping. There's one death that's not even the shark eating someone - just a standard 'slowly dies after being injured'.

The film was very enjoyable though and nowhere near as corny or cheesy as I was expecting. There are some touching moments.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes.. Not a very high body count.. Its why I thought an R rating could have helped. More like Piranha 3D.

I just found out that this is based on a series of books. WTF lol.

If I was a shark that size I would target all the big booty woman in bikinis all day. :lol

Back