The Lone Ranger movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I am way late to this party. I saw it with my dad this morning and we both LOVED it!! It was very over the top and ridiculous but what were people expecting? Western is one of my favorite genres and I was totally into the experience from beginning to end. Bummed we will never get a sequel. I don't buy blu-rays as much as I use to but I will buy this one for sure.

100% agree

My aunt and uncle saw this movie and couldn't stop going on about how much they loved it.

I enjoyed the movie. Will be making the Blu Ray purchase when available. Armie Hammer's performance and acting style reminded me of Brendan Fraser's from the Mummy!!

Which means in the context of The Lone Ranger it's not a compliment.
Depp blames the critics for the movies failure,which is absurd.
Capt Jack Tonto was mostly to blame.

Finally saw this last night, before it's gone from theaters...
i don't get the critics... movie was pretty good TBH... It's a tad long but it is way more fun then Iron Man 3 actually!
It has a LOT of similarities to Rango, and that's a good thing in my book.
Loved the action, tone and cinematography was great too!
I actually liked Tonto more than I thought I would. Depp did a great job, and loved his backstory.
Overall a VERY enjoyable summer movie!
7/10

My only gripe was the whole "old Tonto" in the Fair deal... didn't care for that and kept throwing me out of the movie.

Finally saw this last night, before it's gone from theaters...
i don't get the critics... movie was pretty good TBH... It's a tad long but it is way more fun then Iron Man 3 actually!
It has a LOT of similarities to Rango, and that's a good thing in my book.
Loved the action, tone and cinematography was great too!
I actually liked Tonto more than I thought I would. Depp did a great job, and loved his backstory.
Overall a VERY enjoyable summer movie!
7/10

My only gripe was the whole "old Tonto" in the Fair deal... didn't care for that and kept throwing me out of the movie.

I agree with you 100% Enjoyed movie Loved Tonto, loved the action.

One of my favorite movies of this year- just stunned and agree critics detroyed it completely- althogh local newspaper reviewer liked it and gave it three stars

One thing though, is that parts of the story reminded me of Mask of Zorro as well, the whole plot to get the silver (gold in the Zorro one) and progress and whatnot...

I liked the chemistry between Hammer and Depp, and the stunts were pretty incredible. The setting and train chases are always fun!
It had all the right elements, not sure why it didn't click with audiences...

Bummer that most likely we won't see more of these... :(

I like how the cast & crew are taking it to the critics and its true, They were gunning for this movie since the budget was set. The movie has its flaws for shure, Its long, its jumps back and forth alot but it was fun, and i want to see fun movies on the big screen.

My uncle thought the "something very wrong with that horse" line was hilarious.

I'm seeing it again tomorrow at the local buck-fifty theater I can't wait. I think if this movie were released around Christmas time it would've done better, just look at Django....

it just felt like more of a "winter blockbuster" rather than a summer blockbuster, which is exactly how it was advertised. if it was advertised to where it showed more elements of the story I think it would've gotten a bit more hype. Either way, I just had a lot of fun with it and like many other users on this site, don't agree it should've gotten as much backlash as it did, especially when average movies like DM2, Iron man 3 and man of steel were eaten up by audiences.

Disney expects to take a $190 million bath on the Ranger.

Their digging their own graves on this film.

The Blu-Ray DVD combo is priced at $29.99 when it comes out, what the hell. That is way to expensive for a so so movie. Not many will by it at that price. If they want to make some of their money back through dvd sales, they should make it a cheap combo, like $18.99 or something. More people then will by it and they will make more of their budget back.

Not to mention them making this movie at a 250 million budget was the stupidest thing they could have done, no need for that.

Back