The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thinking to get a download version for $20 ... and play it again.. I played it on the PS3 but for some reason its tempting to try it on PS4

thinking to get a download version for $20 ... and play it again.. I played it on the PS3 but for some reason its tempting to try it on PS4

Do it, you'll immediately notice the visuals. I haven't played it much since I've been busy with GTA and Far Cry... but the first scene with Joel and Sarah... I was like wow :lol

I keep saying it, but the framerate adds so much to the experience. It doesn't move like a game anymore, it's very very very natural and realistic looking. Everything is so amazingly polished.

Do it, you'll immediately notice the visuals. I haven't played it much since I've been busy with GTA and Far Cry... but the first scene with Joel and Sarah... I was like wow :lol

I keep saying it, but the framerate adds so much to the experience. It doesn't move like a game anymore, it's very very very natural and realistic looking. Everything is so amazingly polished.

Improved framerates, draw-distances, and textures really make a world of difference. I can't wait to replay this on current gen when I get the chance.

It just feels wrong to pay for a game I already have. So tempting though.

One could make the same argument on upgrading VHS to blu ray. There is enough difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions to warrant a double dip. Bottom line is if you like the game on PS3, you'll need this. :lol

I'll be honest - while I notice a difference, I'm not seeing a monstrous difference in the graphics / cutscenes. I think this is largely due to the fact that I love this game so much, and might be retroactively giving the PS3 version better graphics in my memory. Then again, when watching all the comparison videos, my reaction tended to be, "Oh, I see the differences... I think...?"

There have definitely been some big differences - the biggest I've noticed have been the draw distances. But I'll admit I feel like an ignoramus when it comes to noticing a huge leap in video. The biggest, by far, difference I've noticed is load times. The game jumps between gameplay and cutscenes almost seamlessly. None of the PS3's "gameplay... (PS3 makes short buzz noise while TV displays black screen for a second) - cutscene". And loading the game itself is insanely quicker.

That said, if Naughty Dog asked me to cut a personal check to them for the price I paid just because of what I got out of TLOU, I would have. The fact that I got an advanced version of the game is a bonus.

I'll be honest - while I notice a difference, I'm not seeing a monstrous difference in the graphics / cutscenes. I think this is largely due to the fact that I love this game so much, and might be retroactively giving the PS3 version better graphics in my memory. Then again, when watching all the comparison videos, my reaction tended to be, "Oh, I see the differences... I think...?"

There have definitely been some big differences - the biggest I've noticed have been the draw distances. But I'll admit I feel like an ignoramus when it comes to noticing a huge leap in video. The biggest, by far, difference I've noticed is load times. The game jumps between gameplay and cutscenes almost seamlessly. None of the PS3's "gameplay... (PS3 makes short buzz noise while TV displays black screen for a second) - cutscene". And loading the game itself is insanely quicker.

That said, if Naughty Dog asked me to cut a personal check to them for the price I paid just because of what I got out of TLOU, I would have. The fact that I got an advanced version of the game is a bonus.

One thing I can say for certain is that to never rely on Youtube comparison videos for games this gen, especially at full speed. I saw people making comparison videos and (gulp) GIFs and there's no difference at all. It's a sad world we live in where sites like Gamespot and IGN just loves making these misinformed videos.

If you really would like an in depth analysis on the technical aspects of a game, nobody does it better than Digital Foundry, here is their take on TLOU:

Face-Off: The Last of Us Remastered • Eurogamer.net

Is there a TLOU PS4 theme available in the works? I'd like one.

Unfortunately no.

Back