The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

plis, i like your custom the best of joel, that flamethrower is ridiculous! (in the complimentary meaning)

j5b0ip.jpg

.................and willy, wtf, that dio and clicker are so crazy, you and plis are definitely holding down this thread!

IMG_2330Medium.jpg

plis, i like your custom the best of joel, that flamethrower is ridiculous! (in the complimentary meaning)

j5b0ip.jpg

.................and willy, wtf, that dio and clicker are so crazy, you and plis are definitely holding down this thread!

IMG_2330Medium.jpg

Thanks Jason. I just need to get the Iminime Joel head and I need to dye the shirt I got. The flamethrower was done by Maisto, a member here. His accessories are insanely accurate.

I'm still waiting on the hunting rifle I ordered for Joel.

That Clicker Willy made with the dio really looks a lot better than the first time it was posted. I saw a few other Clickers that were made but that one takes the cake.

Last edited:

Starting my SURVIVOR run! LOL

Finished the new game plus on normal.
Finally got all collectibles, lots of trophies.
Could not get the weapons fully upgraded though. Not enough parts for me even 2nd time thru!

Any tips for survivor? lol
So far, stealthing like crazy. Slower pace now. More methodical.
Feels like different game.
So far made it up to the docks with the Firefly lady and stealthing and sneak kills on the guards.

Starting my SURVIVOR run! LOL

Finished the new game plus on normal.
Finally got all collectibles, lots of trophies.
Could not get the weapons fully upgraded though. Not enough parts for me even 2nd time thru!

Any tips for survivor? lol
So far, stealthing like crazy. Slower pace now. More methodical.
Feels like different game.
So far made it up to the docks with the Firefly lady and stealthing and sneak kills on the guards.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Plissken, I still plan to make a Stalker after our discussion a while ago. Just don't think 2 infected will fit on the dio with Joel and Ellie.

Took some outside photos after doing some finishing touches today. Pretty happy to call the diorama itself finished, so now I can get to work on finishing the figures.

IMG_2335Medium.jpg

IMG_2336Medium.jpg

IMG_2340Medium.jpg

IMG_2337Medium.jpg

IMG_2338Medium.jpg

Wow, that diorama looks amazing! Love the details.

This is probably going to be one of those opinions that makes no sense out loud / typed.

Tess's face / facial mannerisms remind me of King Joffrey. I don't know what it is - I think it's something about her usually having her mouth slightly open / lower jaw vaguely jutting out.

Took some outside photos after doing some finishing touches today. Pretty happy to call the diorama itself finished, so now I can get to work on finishing the figures.

IMG_2335Medium.jpg

IMG_2336Medium.jpg

IMG_2340Medium.jpg

IMG_2337Medium.jpg

IMG_2338Medium.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :clap:clap That's exactly what I was thinking of when I've been planning a dio to place my Joel on in my Detolf. I've never done one before. Do you buy the brick walls etc, and just modify them or do you make them all? I'm gonna make a run to my local hobby shop one of these days to look for supplies.

amazing work!

how about adding a firefly logo spray painted onto the wall :D

Patience is a virtue.

OK well doing ok so far.
I actually was worried and knew this section would the toughest for me.
WINTER. With Ellie, in that shack, trying to hold them off coming in the windows.
And this is just the first time you do this. I am dreading the other section with the bloater too. Ugh

So struggling here right now.
As I struggled just in normal as well. For me it's more of a control issue and aiming.

The ammo drops are even less here too I think.

OK well doing ok so far.
I actually was worried and knew this section would the toughest for me.
WINTER. With Ellie, in that shack, trying to hold them off coming in the windows.
And this is just the first time you do this. I am dreading the other section with the bloater too. Ugh

So struggling here right now.
As I struggled just in normal as well. For me it's more of a control issue and aiming.

The ammo drops are even less here too I think.

They get very cheap with the supply drops all around. First time playing Survivor it felt impossible to keep a good stock of anything.

If you mean the Hotel bloater, it would be best to lead it from the door and run around it and not even fight it. Save yourself supplies and ammo.

They get very cheap with the supply drops all around. First time playing Survivor it felt impossible to keep a good stock of anything.

If you mean the Hotel bloater, it would be best to lead it from the door and run around it and not even fight it. Save yourself supplies and ammo.

No, the bloater scene in Winter, stuck in that elevator room with the guy helping you.
Guys coming in thru windows.
I turned off the game before I broke a controller. Started to rage.

I knw this part would piss me off. Now the evident things such as crappy aiming and crappy AI partners show themselves.
Pissing me off.
I might have to redo the whole section, I dunno.
When I get to the check point where the bloater is gonna drop down, I have like maybe a 1/4 health left, and 8 rifle shots.
I also have one fire bomb.

I can hold off ok till the bloater comes, then light him on fire right away.
But then, I can't deal with him, plus still more guys coming thru.
Fricken nightmare for me.
Always getting eaten from behind and stuff as I can't see what the hell is going on, spinning camera and moving all over the place just to survive.

Sigh.
I hope this isn't my downfall and where I quit and give up this survival run.

Hardest part in the whole game for me right here, so far.

I'm not even worried about the tunnel at the end of the game or the final section to get Ellie.

Oh I know where you mean now. Bet thing to do if you're low on supplies is to draw the infected to David and get a cheap knife kill with them to save you bullets. The Bloaters are a royal pain in Survivor to put down without more than one Molotov.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :clap:clap That's exactly what I was thinking of when I've been planning a dio to place my Joel on in my Detolf. I've never done one before. Do you buy the brick walls etc, and just modify them or do you make them all? I'm gonna make a run to my local hobby shop one of these days to look for supplies.

I made this the right size to sit on top of a detolf, too high for the shelves inside though. I didnt want the top of the dio only just sitting above their heads as then the door wouldn't look full height etc.

I made the brick wall using a sheet of compressed styrofoam, and carved the brickwork out using a small hobby file. It is a messy and hard material to work with as if you don't give it a few good coverings with PVA glue, any paints will generally eat it like acid. The base was the same, but with a layer of cork tile to give a more concrete texture and allow me to add cracks into it. Base is 16mm MDF, and there is a 3mm MDF piece at the back for support as well. Just takes time, other than my almost finished MGS3 dio, this is the first one I have actually properly done and actually finished. It is a slow process, but fun to do so you should definitely give it a go :) Look forward to seeing what you do.

amazing work!

how about adding a firefly logo spray painted onto the wall :D

I considered it actually, had a few ideas. Also considered having "The Last of Us" spraypainted on the wall like graffiti rather than a name plate, but I figured it might look too busy as it is just one small wall section in the middle of a big city. If you look at one of the pics, there is a piece of paper on the ground in the front right corner with the firefly logo, like a flyer. I had to add it somewhere, but wasn't commited enough to make a pendant :p

Thanks for the tips. I can't believe you carved out all of the bricks yourself. It looks so amazing!! I may do a little trial and error. Yea, I'm aware of the foam and how it can be destroyed with improper materials. I may hit you up for some advice down the road.

Thanks for the tips. I can't believe you carved out all of the bricks yourself. It looks so amazing!! I may do a little trial and error. Yea, I'm aware of the foam and how it can be destroyed with improper materials. I may hit you up for some advice down the road.

No probs. It wasn't hard to do, used a rounded file and had pre marked it all out to American sizes scaled down. Searching "Bricks" on Wiki was a fun thing to do :/ lol. Few things I would probably do differently if I went again, like making the timber backing/stand first, rather than adding it to the dio near the end etc. All lessons for the next project :) It is such a cheap way to go about making things like this as well. I think all up it has cost me maybe $30.

Oh I know where you mean now. Bet thing to do if you're low on supplies is to draw the infected to David and get a cheap knife kill with them to save you bullets. The Bloaters are a royal pain in Survivor to put down without more than one Molotov.

if I can get down this bloater, I Think that's it for the game that will bother me.

Back