The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

Looks like Ellen page was about to sue I guess

Looks great, but so did the cinematic trailer for Dead Island, need gameplay trailer to know whats what :lecture

Yeah, but this is with an established studio like Naughty Dog. With the team behind Dead Island, we really didn't have any other games to back them up.

Looks like Ellen page was about to sue I guess

That would be my guess :lecture

Undeniable likeness really, and then you throw the character's name "Ellie" into the mix...:lol

I figured she had signed over her likeness :dunno

This is a hugely publisized game, to use her likeness without permission in the amount of promotion this game is going to get is foolish.

Last edited:

Animated gif showing the changes they've made to Ellie:

(Old Ellie has the 'GoPSP' Sackboy logo on bottom right)

lououxzl.gif

Not really much of a change. Her eyes are a bit larger, maybe. Looks less like Ellen Page.

did Ellen page really decide to sue? I thought copyright infrigment was the biggest compliment?

well if Ellen page is not in it then what chance does one have to survive?

I don't like the new design. She looks like she is 10 years old.

Why on earth would you design a character that looks like an actress and not have her in it?

Next best option would be the hit girl From kick ass. Here's hoping she's not as sue happy

Why on earth would you design a character that looks like an actress and not have her in it?

Ellen Page cost too much. She's an Oscar nominated actress who's been in a lot of high-profile stuff. That marquee talent ain't cheap.

There have been no reports of Page actually taking legal action. Naughty Dog has said they changed some of Ellie's features to resemble her actual voice and mo-cap actress Ashley Johnson, though I do believe that they were probably feeling some heat when practically everybody who knows who Ellen Page is were saying "Ellie looks just like Ellen Page!" Some gaming sites actually reported (mistakenly) that Ellen Page was going to be in this when the game was first revealed.:lol

They should've just made a press release saying "oh yeah, she does kinda resemble Ellen Page, never noticed before, our bad" :lol

AKA, the blonde waitress from the end of Avengers. Yay for useless trivia.

It's not useless, Hot Toys will probably make a figure of that waitress :slap :lol

AKA, the blonde waitress from the end of Avengers. Yay for useless trivia.

Oh! That's cool. Didn't make the connection. I just looked at her imdb page, she's been in a lot of tv shows, though I don't remember her at all.

It's not useless, Hot Toys will probably make a figure of that waitress :slap :lol

Hopefully not before the old guy from Germany :pray:

Oh! That's cool. Didn't make the connection. I just looked at her imdb page, she's been in a lot of tv shows, though I don't remember her at all.

Only thing I can recall seeing her in was, Dollhouse.

It looks like it'll be a cool movie. Naughty Dog's "games" are becoming less and less game-like as time goes on though. I'll probably just watch a playthrough on youtube. Get the nice visuals and story without the pointless interactive parts that ocassionally interupt their movie

And yes, I know I'm in the vast minority here.

I don't think anyone will say that Uncharted trilogy is more movie like than game........sure, they look great, but they are still games.

Now, 'games' like the Walking dead - definitely more 'movie' like, IMO

I don't think anyone will say that Uncharted trilogy is more movie like than game........sure, they look great, but they are still games.

Now, 'games' like the Walking dead - definitely more 'movie' like, IMO
I would. Uncharted was probably a 50/50 split between cut scene and gameplay and the gameplay was so scripted and confining most of the time, you might as well just be watching it. I'm admittedly biased though as I didn't like the series at all.

Back