The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

No doubt they will use the formula and ingredients of the Uncharted games. So I expect some nice action cinematic set pieces and bouncy dialogue back and forth, and story driven stuff, done up with a similiar
Uncharted graphics engine.

I would be definitely expecting an Uncharted style formula for gameplay - personally, I would be bummed out if they deviated to much

That said, it will need Melee - not just shooting

I would be definitely expecting an Uncharted style formula for gameplay - personally, I would be bummed out if they deviated to much

They'll have to deviate a bit. Taking cover isn't going to help you much against a horde of zombies.

Its Naughty Dog so:

Day1: Buy
Day2 to 4: Love it, finish it
Day 5: Trade it

New info!

USA Today said:
Expected for PS3 in late 2012 or early 2013, The Last of Us is a rare new intellectual property in an era when publishers rely heavily on trusted franchises. "The team at Naughty Dog is known for incredible storytelling, and what excites me most about The Last of Us is the potential of a grittier and more mature story," says Geoff Keighley of Spike's GameTrailers TV. "If Uncharted is the video-game version of Indiana Jones, The Last of Us has the potential to be a video-game version of Cormac McCarthy's The Road."

Although the designers don't want to give away the entire story line, the development team recently gave an exclusive inside look into the project. At the start of the game, the lead character, Joel, finds Ellie, and they team up. Joel is "a vicious survivor. When he meets this girl, she is his one chance at redemption," says Neil Druckmann, the game's creative director. "That kind of arc has always been intriguing."

Like the Uncharted games, The Last of Us has a third-person perspective, in which you see the character on-screen, but it has a more realistic, cinematic look. "We're trying to move the medium of video games into an area elevated in the same manner of respect of film," Balestra says. "We want to redefine what our medium is even called. 'Video game' is not an accurate name anymore. It is not necessarily a game with rules and a winner and a loser. It's an experience."

The composer:

The Last Of Us scored by Oscar-winner Gustavo Santaolalla
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...vo-santaolalla
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2GgCFR2dw[/ame]

I'd be bummed if they do, wouldn't look right for people barely surviving to be jumping & climbing and doing shoulder rolls.

from the story given so far it should be "making the bullets count" type of shooting & "finding whatever to use" for melee, no punching zombies and doing headlocks :lol

Someone wanna tell me why only Naughty Dog is able to harness the power of the PS3 and make games that seem to blow away $2000 computer quality graphics? Why don't all PS3 games look like this?

Someone wanna tell me why only Naughty Dog is able to harness the power of the PS3 and make games that seem to blow away $2000 computer quality graphics? Why don't all PS3 games look like this?

Always assumed that ND unlike other devs, put the time in to really 'learn' the PS3.....especially in this day and age of multi platform games, other devs just dont have that level of time/money to spend on just the PS3

Inspiration from Cormac Mccarthy and composition by Santolalla have me more excited than the fact Naughty Dog is working on it.

Always assumed that ND unlike other devs, put the time in to really 'learn' the PS3.....especially in this day and age of multi platform games, other devs just dont have that level of time/money to spend on just the PS3

I can't believe that trailer was in-game either!!

It just goes to show the PS3 has life left. Its a shame there aren't more devs concentrating on PS3 alone. Imagine what Batman or Dead Space woulda looked like if it was exclusive

New info!

Originally Posted by USA Today
Expected for PS3 in late 2012 or early 2013, The Last of Us is a rare new intellectual property in an era when publishers rely heavily on trusted franchises. "The team at Naughty Dog is known for incredible storytelling, and what excites me most about The Last of Us is the potential of a grittier and more mature story," says Geoff Keighley of Spike's GameTrailers TV. "If Uncharted is the video-game version of Indiana Jones, The Last of Us has the potential to be a video-game version of Cormac McCarthy's The Road."

Although the designers don't want to give away the entire story line, the development team recently gave an exclusive inside look into the project. At the start of the game, the lead character, Joel, finds Ellie, and they team up. Joel is "a vicious survivor. When he meets this girl, she is his one chance at redemption," says Neil Druckmann, the game's creative director. "That kind of arc has always been intriguing."

Like the Uncharted games, The Last of Us has a third-person perspective, in which you see the character on-screen, but it has a more realistic, cinematic look. "We're trying to move the medium of video games into an area elevated in the same manner of respect of film," Balestra says. "We want to redefine what our medium is even called. 'Video game' is not an accurate name anymore. It is not necessarily a game with rules and a winner and a loser. It's an experience."

The composer:

The Last Of Us scored by Oscar-winner Gustavo Santaolalla
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...vo-santaolalla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh2GgCFR2dw

LOL someone needs to tell Naughty Dog to calm down a tad.

They don't "blow" away high end PC graphics.
They have techniques to make good use of artwork and design, but you don't want to get into an argument with pc gamers who know a thing or two about hi res textures, higher resolutions, DX11 effects etc.

I play both a PC and PS3,and I'm currently on Uncharted 3. For PS3 yes it looks great. But coming from my PC and playing something like Crysis 2, or even MW3 or Skyrim on my PC, and when I come to the PS3 and pop in uncharted 2 my eyes hurt.

And that's not to take away from the beauty of UC3.

And the argument of - well you had to spend 2 grand for a top of the line PC. Well yeah, I did, but that's me and I can afford it and want to. But I don't do that just for one game lol My PC is a whole experience and hobby and it's more than just for gaming.

Publisher make the Developers make the games for 360 then put them on PS3 and don't care if it looks & plays as good as it could be.

Skyrim Lag :slap

Looks awesome!!
So it's Matthew Fox and Ellen page then? :lol!!

I love that Santaolalla is composing the music for this!
Besides being producer of some of my all time favorite bands, Caifanes, Cafe Tacuba Fobia, Maldita, but he's also composed for really amazing films. Amores Perros, 21 grams, Motorcycle Diaries, Babel just to name a few!!
Should have plenty of ambience texture!!

This is gross! :horror

In The Last of Us, characters Joel and Ellie are endlessly stalked not only by fellow survivors, but by foes severely altered by a fungal infection. Aptly called The Infected, these enemies are truly horrifying, and we've never been given a really solid, still-frame look at what these creatures look like... well, until now, that is.

Tweets went out today from Naughty Dog Co-Presidents Christophe Balestra and Evan Wells showing off a bust of an Infected that Naughty Dog commissioned. You can take a look at the four pictures the co-presidents Tweeted to the public below.

the-last-of-us-20120323040220032.jpg

the-last-of-us-20120323040220375.jpg

the-last-of-us-20120323040219610.jpg

the-last-of-us-20120323040220787.jpg

https://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221522p1.html

Back