The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. And what would it matter if it were?

Correct answer.

I love how every time a game is progressive, it's immediately a case of writers pandering to a market. It couldn't possibly be because the developers have a couple more brain cells than your average nerd and just made it that way because it's how they feel or what they believe.

But let's say it WAS a case of a developer buckling under pressure to deliver a product designed to appease the 'SJW' agenda (ugh), who ****ing cares? Does that make the game any less spectacular than it is?

I'd be happy if they pandered more and made Chloe Frazer the main character of Uncharted 5 :)

Correct answer.

I love how every time a game is progressive, it's immediately a case of writers pandering to a market. It couldn't possibly be because the developers have a couple more brain cells than your average nerd and just made it that way because it's how they feel or what they believe.

But let's say it WAS a case of a developer buckling under pressure to deliver a product designed to appease the 'SJW' agenda (ugh), who ****ing cares? Does that make the game any less spectacular than it is?

I wouldn't read too much into it. MGSV was a disaster, so I guess it was good idea to attack the more successful games with frivolous bull ****.

Last edited:
TLOU was just a fantastic game with a perfct story. I can appreciate that Naughty Dog took the time to develop believable characters, and they gave a lot of thought into creating Ellie. I think most devs can learn from them.

I've never, ever once heard this notion it was designed to appease progressives. I loathe feminism, but simply having a strong female lead isn't pandering... if anything, Joel is saving her ass the whole game minus the Winter section. Switching roles of the protector being protecting made a fantastic dynamic.

The way I see it is like this: artists will draw their inspirations from many different sources in order to perfect their work. It's no different than when Naughty Dog was creating Ellie. They did their homework and it paid off.

I remember when Lara Croft beat up a man in the original Tomb Raider, no one made a fuss. Ah kids these days, trying to find their validation in this world trough the stupidest causes.

The way I see it is like this: artists will draw their inspirations from many different sources in order to perfect their work. It's no different than when Naughty Dog was creating Ellie. They did their homework and it paid off.
....then there's Kojima who literally rip offs the work of other artists :lol

....then there's Kojima who literally rip offs the work of other artists :lol

And let's his own creepy fetishistic fantasies and desires pour into his work, which are probably the only thing original within them, at least in recent games.

And let's his own creepy fetishistic fantasies and desires pour into his work, which are probably the only thing original within them, at least in recent games.
And they get praised when most of them are very creepy and almost unprogressive, hell, you could say they're regressive in some ways!

And they get praised when most of them are very creepy and almost unprogressive, hell, you could say they're regressive in some ways!

"You will regret your words and deeds."

"I may have to leave the gaming industry."

FvtazC7.gif

I think Spanbauer and Stshammgod got it right, if it is what does it matter? For me personally I'm not a fan of doing something like that, but at the end of the day it didn't hurt the quality of the game. I think some people here look at feminism as something extremely negative and don't think anything good could come out of that, well their wrong, this game is proof of that.

Everything else in here is grade A denial as usual :lol

Everything I explained in the MGSV thread came from the writer/director mouth, so you can either choose to believe him or not but don't blame it on the kids out there :lol

By the way, did anyone here listen to the Neil Druckmann's interpretation on the ending? Don't blame the messenger :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No one's in denial about anything. If the creators of TLOU were pandering to the worst elements of feminism, then they certainly didn't show it in the game. As for the ending, Naughty Dog's interpretation made sense. While TLOU is a story on survival, it's also a coming of age story, in the sense that Ellie is able to question Joel, and the world around her in order to contemplate her own sense of morality. We shouldn't ignore the fact, that by saving Ellie, Joel practically damned the world to the infected, and robbed her of her choice in the matter. While I think all of us can agree that we would've made the same decision in his shoes, it goes without saying, that in any great literature, there has to be a sense of inflection for the consequences of the decisions made by the protagonist. And if that happens to be at the cost of Joel's and Ellie's relationship in the ending scene, then so be it.

No one's in denial about anything. If the creators of TLOU were pandering to the worst elements of feminism, then they certainly didn't show it in the game. As for the ending, Naughty Dog's interpretation made sense. While TLOU is a story on survival, it's also a coming of age story, in the sense that Ellie is able to question Joel, and the world around her in order to contemplate her own sense of morality. We shouldn't ignore the fact, that by saving Ellie, Joel practically damned the world to the infected, and robbed her of her choice in the matter. While I think all of us can agree that we would've made the same decision in his shoes, it goes without saying, that in any great literature, there has to be a sense of inflection for the consequences of the decisions made by the protagonist. And if that happens to be at the cost of Joel's and Ellie's relationship in the ending scene, then so be it.

I always saw the ending as a parents ending. After so much ****, after all the bad humanity has done to survive, I wouldnt sacrifice my child to save a world that just doesnt deserve to be saved.

I always saw the ending as a parents ending. After so much ****, after all the bad humanity has done to survive, I wouldnt sacrifice my child to save a world that just doesnt deserve to be saved.

Absolutely. That was my take on it.The entire ending is such an amazing recreation of the events that made Joel the way he is, and Ellie changed him for the better, so he had no intention of letting that go.

Naughty Dog polled parents, and a significant percentage agreed they would have done the exact same thing Joel did. Most of them were single parents too, so that goes to show :lecture and believe me, TLoU's world is really gone to ****. The fact that it's not the infected that are the biggest problem but the people goes to show, and Joel got screwed over in the early hours of infection. It's like Bill said "You know, as bad as those things are, at least they're predictable. It's the normal people that scare me."

I know that I watched the vid, but listening to Druckmann explain it it's obvious there's more to that ending. He saids what it is, and even Gaspar said it was a bunch of crap. The 3rd part is literally titled a feminist ending :lol

I never said he was trying to pander to the worst kind of feminism, don't know where you got that from.

If you and the minions are saying what Gaspar was saying about Druckmann using SJW for PR then that's one thing, but if you're trying to say that after the videos and interviews I posted, that Druckmann never claimed to interject any feminism into the gam then yea, denial :lol

In fact, there's really no need to debate, this isn't something I made up, it came straight from Druckmann, you either believe him or not but that's on him not me. He claims to have been inspired by feminist books, he said he had a agenda to create a female character, one his daughter could look up to and not overly sexualize, he brought the whole Ellie being independent and dropping Joel (man) to find her own way, he admits to being inspired by Anita Sarkeesian's Vids etc...

Anyway I think if you love this game, but hate feminism (not speaking you directly here), then that's why I can clearly see someone trying to convince themselves that Pturtle made all this up :lol

The game is great, one of the best games of all time, but according to Druckmann he had an agenda with this game, and so what if he did? didn't hurt the quality one bit.

That's all Folks, no need to go in circles here, you either think Druckmann is lying or you don't, I don't see why he would but, Gaspar does, that's really it.

People should be debating whether Druckmann is being honest or not. Not whether I pulled this out my ass or not :lol

Last edited:

To the people who want to watch the last part of the Keynote, here it is. The only debate here is if Drunkmann is saying all this for PR or not.

https://youtu.be/ywZaPLkQEj8

Back