The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

I know that I watched the vid, but listening to Druckmann explain it it's obvious there's more to that ending. He saids what it is, and even Gaspar said it was a bunch of crap. The 3rd part is literally titled a feminist ending :lol

I never said he was trying to pander to the worst kind of feminism, don't know where you got that from.

If you and the minions are saying what Gaspar was saying about Druckmann using SJW for PR then that's one thing, but if you're trying to say that after the videos and interviews I posted, that Druckmann never claimed to interject any feminism into the gam then yea, denial :lol

In fact, there's really no need to debate, this isn't something I made up, it came straight from Druckmann, you either believe him or not but that's on him not me. He claims to have been inspired by feminist books, he said he had a agenda to create a female character, one his daughter could look up to and not overly sexualize, he brought the whole Ellie being independent and dropping Joel (man) to find her own way, he admits to being inspired by Anita Sarkeesian's Vids etc...

Anyway I think if you love this game, but hate feminism (not speaking you directly here), then that's why I can clearly see someone trying to convince themselves that Pturtle made all this up :lol

The game is great, one of the best games of all time, but according to Druckmann he had an agenda with this game, and so what if he did? didn't hurt the quality one bit.

That's all Folks, no need to go in circles here, you either think Druckmann is lying or you don't, I don't see why he would but, Gaspar does, that's really it.

People should be debating whether Druckmann is being honest or not. Not whether I pulled this out my ass or not :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what you said.

You should actually watch it, its worse than even I described :lol

Kojima Productions, Sony Santa Monica, and Rockstar are probably the only devs that make what they want and don’t worry about pandering to the SJW crowd.

Thats why I find Ellie to be one of the worst characters in gaming, she’s literally an Anita Sarkeesian wet dream :lol

You basically made it your point in the "V" thread to mention about how SJWs influenced TLOU and ruined the story, and now you're trying to retract it :lol. My argument was, you can't draw the conclusion that TLOU had a SJW agenda by taking the story for what it is. Even the ending was essentially left up for interpretation so the fans could draw their own conclusions from it, regardless of Druckmann's personal views. That said, I find nothing that's inherently wrong with his interpretation, either. But, let me ask you something, before you saw Neil Druckmann's interview, and played the game for yourself, were you ever under the impression that TLOU was pandering to the SJW crowd? Or did you only come to that conclusion after hearing his interviews?

Just so you know, SJWs do happen to be the worst types of feminists. They're essentially the Internet trolls who make it their mission to degrade men, and accuse innocent men of rape in order to get back at them. However, from the way I see it, Neil Druckmann took many of the positive aspects about feminism when he created Ellie. I think the game turned out much better because of it, because Naughty Dog was passionate about creating a very original character. That's the kind of dedication that you don't normally see from other developers.

And to be honest, this was the time that I heard about Druckmann's ties to certain feminists. That's why I decided to post the discussion in this thread because I was interested in hearing what others had to say about it, and its influence to the story. No one was looking to burn you at the steak, I'm just questioning the general logic behind your argument.

Last edited:
just chiming in to say this multiplayer is the best multiplayer i've ever played! Haven't stopped playing it since the day I got the game. I usually hate online stuff, this seemed to avoid the level up rank up thing. Its very simple and plays like no other online game. Also its great with teamwork and most of the time you don't even need to have a headset to get good strategies going.

just chiming in to say this multiplayer is the best multiplayer i've ever played! Haven't stopped playing it since the day I got the game. I usually hate online stuff, this seemed to avoid the level up rank up thing. Its very simple and plays like no other online game. Also its great with teamwork and most of the time you don't even need to have a headset to get good strategies going.

It's a blast... if you're on a good team. I broke a controller out of frustration in it, which is why I never got into the PS4 version after I got the Platinum on PS3.

I can't remember how the multiplayer was on the PS3, but the matchmaking system on TLOUR is iffy at best. Ryan and I often ended up on newb teams, with the opposite teams being full of level 400+ players. It's a pretty fun multiplayer game, but it became pointless once I exhausted the trophies.

wow I don't even know anything about the trophies. I find it a great time every time I play. It is an easy game to get frustrated with, theres nothing like getting shived out of nowhere. I nearly **** myself everytime.

It also helps that I somehow became a master at it. I feel like I rule the world when I play haha. And then I go to play cod or those types of games and I sit there and die 1000 times in a minute.

The problem is when people quit out, at least on PS3... they'd stick with with level 0 newbs... I was pretty good on the PS3 version, but that only came in spurts because it truly depends on the team. Although rarely, I could carry the team if the other team was garbage :lol

wow I don't even know anything about the trophies. I find it a great time every time I play. It is an easy game to get frustrated with, theres nothing like getting shived out of nowhere. I nearly **** myself everytime.

It also helps that I somehow became a master at it. I feel like I rule the world when I play haha. And then I go to play cod or those types of games and I sit there and die 1000 times in a minute.

Yeah, you get two gold trophies for completing the Firefly and Hunter journeys (there are some others as well). It's pretty hard at times, because you have to complete certain in-game tasks to ensure that the number of survivors in your virtual camp don't fall to zero. What kind of sound-system do you use, by the way? The game can really be terrifying on surround :lol.

The problem is when people quit out, at least on PS3... they'd stick with with level 0 newbs... I was pretty good on the PS3 version, but that only came in spurts because it truly depends on the team. Although rarely, I could carry the team if the other team was garbage :lol

I've gotten pretty good at it now. Grab a spare controller you don't need, and let's play sometime.

When I was away I college me and my roommate played nonstop with crazy surround sound and then set-up Spotify on the ps4 to play movie scores in the background. mostly john carpenter scores or whatever (the sicario soundtrack is horrifying while playing). Our other roommates probably hated us for yelling so loud

Here's what you said.

You basically made it your point in the "V" thread to mention about how SJWs influenced TLOU and ruined the story, and now you're trying to retract it :lol. My argument was, you can't draw the conclusion that TLOU had a SJW agenda by taking the story for what it is. Even the ending was essentially left up for interpretation so the fans could draw their own conclusions from it, regardless of Druckmann's personal views. That said, I find nothing that's inherently wrong with his interpretation, either. But, let me ask you something, before you saw Neil Druckmann's interview, and played the game for yourself, were you ever under the impression that TLOU was pandering to the SJW crowd? Or did you only come to that conclusion after hearing his interviews?

Just so you know, SJWs do happen to be the worst types of feminists. They're essentially the Internet trolls who make it their mission to degrade men, and accuse innocent men of rape in order to get back at them. However, from the way I see it, Neil Druckmann took many of the positive aspects about feminism when he created Ellie. I think the game turned out much better because of it, because Naughty Dog was passionate about creating a very original character. That's the kind of dedication that you don't normally see from other developers.

And to be honest, this was the time that I heard about Druckmann's ties to certain feminists. That's why I decided to post the discussion in this thread because I was interested in hearing what others had to say about it, and its influence to the story. No one was looking to burn you at the steak, I'm just questioning the general logic behind your argument.

Where am I trying to retract it? I said they’re obviously pandering and compared them to other devs that don’t care, but I never said they pander to the worst kind of feminism. I even said here I’m not a fan of it, but that doesn’t take away from the quality of the game or even change my feelings towards the game. Hell, theres interviews online with Druckmann owning the SJW title, and I also posted a video with him praising Anita and handing her an award for all shes done in gaming :lol, which most gamers seem to hate. So yea, I don’t see where I retracted anything.

I don’t really think Ellie is very original, she’s basically Ellen Page and Hit girl rolled in one, not that theres anything wrong with that, but nothing original about the teenage rebel that curses a lot. Druckmann should be commended on the character development of hers and Joel though. That was the best part of the game of me, even though that in itself I’ve seen plenty of times.

I sure did, I think its pretty obvious it was, and the keynote and several other interviews basically confirmed it. Its definitely a progressive game, and thats not a bad thing.

Fair enough, the logic really stems from all the videos and commentaries from Druckmann. Theres plenty of videos with Druckmann speaking out about feminism in gaming, you should check them out man. I really wouldn’t have said anything about it in the V thread, but I saw a comment and just found it ironic, so I thought I would share it.

Multiplayer is some of the best ever. Truly underrated in my opinion.

Where am I trying to retract it? I said they’re obviously pandering and compared them to other devs that don’t care, but I never said they pander to the worst kind of feminism. I even said here I’m not a fan of it, but that doesn’t take away from the quality go the game or even change my feelings towards the game. Hell, theres interviews online with Druckmann owning the SJW title, and I also posted a video with him praising Anita, which most gamers seem to hate. So yea, I don’t see where I retracted anything.

I don’t really think Ellie is very original, she’s basically Ellen Page and Hit girl rolled in one, not that theres anything wrong with that, but nothing original about the teenage rebel that curses a lot.

I sure did, I think its pretty obvious it was, and the keynote and several other interviews basically confirmed it. Its definitely a progressive game, and thats not a bad thing.

Fair enough, the logic really stems from all the videos and commentaries from Druckmann. Theres plenty of videos with Druckmann speaking out about feminism in gaming, you should check them out man. I really wouldn’t have said anything about it in the V thread, but I saw a comment and just found it ironic, so I thought I would share it.

Oh okay, no worries dude :duff. I did watch the videos you posted, and all I got from it was, that they were just giving an honest effort to put out a good game with believable characters. I guess there's different ways of looking at it, or even interpreting Ellie. But, in terms of what resulted, I don't think the game has a bad message at all. There are a lot of positives that you can take away from the game, and I think that's what matters the most.

Btw, you guys can add me for multiplayer if you want. I'll probably get back into TLOU since I don't have any other multiplayer games to play at the moment. I'm in the process of doing my platinum run for the main story.

Oh okay, no worries dude :duff. I did watch the videos you posted, and all I got from it was, that they were just giving an honest effort to put out a good game with believable characters. I guess there's different ways of looking at it, or even interpreting Ellie. But, in terms of what resulted, I don't think the game has a bad message at all. There are a lot of positives that you can take away from the game, and I think that's what matters the most.

Back at you man :duff

Game certainly doesn’t have a bad message at all.

Theres other videos, like the making of TLOU vids where you can see Druckmann talk more about it. Check em out when you have free time, they’re kind of long though.

Back at you man :duff

Game certainly doesn’t have a bad message at all.

Theres other videos, like the making of TLOU vids where you can see Druckmann talk more about it. Check em out when you have free time, they’re kind of long though.

Man, I really wish if ND included a behind the scenes Blu Ray with all of those interviews. Unless it was released with the LE and I missed out on it.

Well to post on a different topic with this game, the remaster is on sale at Best Buy for $20, cheapest I've seen it since release. Wish I waited a bit for the Remaster since they had it for $30 earlier and I thought 'no way it'll go lower' :lol

Collectibles, figures, an eBay link to Troy Baker beard shavings. Basically anything but a "ripped from jezebel.com" argument.

giphy.gif

Back