The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how she trashed ND for using her likeness while she was promoting the bomb that was Beyond: Two Souls :lol

Funny how she trashed ND for using her likeness while she was promoting the bomb that was Beyond: Two Souls :lol
Pitiful thing, Ellen Page. She's not that bad but I'm pretty sure many a gamer lost respect for her. :lol it's like, of course she only cares at THAT point, to get her game really noticed.

There's been a lot of game characters that some sort of resemblance to an actor. Kurt Russel doesn't give a **** about Solid Snake, and Big Boss look just like him, does he? :lol

Pitiful thing, Ellen Page. She's not that bad but I'm pretty sure many a gamer lost respect for her. :lol it's like, of course she only cares at THAT point, to get her game really noticed.

There's been a lot of game characters that some sort of resemblance to an actor. Kurt Russel doesn't give a **** about Solid Snake, and Big Boss look just like him, does he? :lol

Well, they actually don't look exactly like Russell but are heavily influenced by certain characteristics. Eye color, facial hair, eye patches, military background, pessimistic attitude, and the voice. Plissken was Russell doing a Clint impression, but it was done with respect and that is the first impression of Clint in a character that I can recall.

So REALLY stupid question (haven't gamed since TLOU first came out) but TLOU remastered is digital download only, correct?

Nathan Drake = Nathan Fillion.

As for Big Boss/Snake, I never took them to look like Russel. It's more that Kojima was inspired by the Snake Plissken character rather than Kurt Russel the actor.

Speaking of Eastwood, I've been playing Witcher 3, and quite a few times Geralt has reminded me of Eastwood. It's not obvious so I don't think it's deliberate though.

Nathan Drake = Nathan Fillion.

As for Big Boss/Snake, I never took them to look like Russel. It's more that Kojima was inspired by the Snake Plissken character rather than Kurt Russel the actor.
I think they look pretty heavily like Russel, but not that badly I guess. And I've seen the Nathan Fillion comparison too, pretty spot on.
Well, they actually don't look exactly like Russell but are heavily influenced by certain characteristics. Eye color, facial hair, eye patches, military background, pessimistic attitude, and the voice. Plissken was Russell doing a Clint impression, but it was done with respect and that is the first impression of Clint in a character that I can recall.
All true. But did we ever see Russel flip his **** like some brat? noooooooope :lol that said I would love to see him try to match Hayter's Snake voice

A lot of game characters of course have a strong likeness to their voice/motion capture too... Ellen Page in Beyond Two Souls being the obvious one.

The one that really struck me during early PS3 days was Heavenly Sword. Everything about the face of King Bohan is Andy Serkis. Most of the other characters are similar too. L.A Noire is another good example. Heavy Rain another...

I'm content to wait for game deals, there are few that I'll pay full price for... But this is one of them. Fantastic game. I got a ps4 for Christmas last year, and this is the first game I played on it... None have compared since

I wish I was a better photographer. I would have liked to add a TLOU themed backdrop or something. I just added this street base I had laying around. :lol I gave her her pistol, threw the bottle and brick on the street. Good enough. Here's the "brick master" again. Enjoy. :)

IMG_7326_zps43jtgluf.jpg

IMG_7325_zpssatlnvly.jpg
IMG_7324_zpsinhdgeko.jpg
IMG_7321_zpsry9hzjkw.jpg

Absolutely amazing work, great job.

Not 1/6 but....

Sony Signs Slew of PlayStation Deals | License! Global

Sony Signs Slew of PlayStation Deals

Sep 28, 2015 By License! Global
New products planned for iconic game console and top Sony video games.
Sony Computer Entertainment America has signed a raft of new partners for the PlayStation brand and its other IP around the world.

In addition to eight new global and regional deals, the company has also launched the new e-commerce site Gear.Playstation.com.

New licensing partnerships include:

Global:

Funko for Pop Vinyl figures featuring the video games "God of War," "The Last of Us," the "Uncharted" franchise as well as the upcoming new game "Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End," "Little Big Planet" and "Twisted Metal."
Titan Merchandise for vinyl figures featuring "The Last of Us," "Uncharted 4" and the "Uncharted" franchise.
NECA for action figures featuring characters from "God of War," "Little Big Planet" and "Uncharted 4."
Dark Horse for an art book for the "Uncharted" franchise and "Uncharted 4."
The IP Factory for high-end resin collectible statues and busts for "God of War," "The Last of Us," "Ratchet and Clank," "Jak and Daxter" and "Sly Cooper."
Cool Mini or Not for table games featuring "Uncharted."
The U.S. and Canada:

Mighty Fine for apparel and accessories featuring the "Uncharted" franchise, "The Last of Us," "Journey" and "God of War."
Ripple Junction for apparel and accessories featuring the PlayStation brand as well as "The Last of Us," "Bloodborne" and "Uncharted 4."
MjC International Group for loungewear featuring the PlayStation brand.
High Intencity for jewelry and fashion accessories featuring the PlayStation brand as well as "Little Big Planet," "Uncharted" and "The Last of Us."
New Era Caps for headwear and other accessories featuring the PlayStation brand and "The Last of Us."
Insight Editions for stationery featuring "Uncharted 4" and "The Last of Us."
Brazil:

Lojas Marisa for apparel and accessories featuring the PlayStation brand and other IP.
Kalunga for stationery products featuring PlayStation.
Top Cau for "God of War" Easter chocolate eggs and collectible figures.
Mexico:

Movis for apparel featuring the PlayStation brand and other IP.
Vianney for bedding and home products featuring PlayStation, "God of War" and "Uncharted."

Headwear and stationery.... :rolleyes2:dunno:panic:

Back