The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B399D177-F13C-43FC-8752-F47E9368CBEF_zpsfi9timia.jpg

Finally. That was so difficult. Certain parts I wanted to tear my hair out. And I don't have any.

Congrats! What were the parts that infuriated you?

I'm playing Grounded mode myself but I'm taking my sweet time with its, say a few playtroughs a month. What I like about this game is how easy it is to jump right back into despite me not playing it for a few months. I already arrived at the university and I think the hardest part was sneaking towards lighted outpost with Sam and Henry. Good lord.

I imagine the toughest part would be when Joel and Ellie were split up, and Joel was in that basement with no electricity. Turn on the generator and you get swarmed.

Maybe someday I'll try Grounded.

I imagine the toughest part would be when Joel and Ellie were split up, and Joel was in that basement with no electricity. Turn on the generator and you get swarmed.

Maybe someday I'll try Grounded.

Nah, that wasn't tough at all, all you had to do was just take out 3/4 enemies and sprint to the exit. The part where you have to take out dozens of guys withe Ellie playing sniper? Now that was tough.

Nah, that wasn't tough at all, all you had to do was just take out 3/4 enemies and sprint to the exit. The part where you have to take out dozens of guys withe Ellie playing sniper? Now that was tough.

On lower difficulties, I played that section organically. But on Survivor and Grounded, I went with a slightly more cheap method. I funneled everyone into the office above the sub shop (the last building before the hunters' bus / grill / etc area).

They'd come in mostly one at a time, and circling around the cubicles made for relatively easy work.

Congrats! What were the parts that infuriated you?

I'm playing Grounded mode myself but I'm taking my sweet time with its, say a few playtroughs a month. What I like about this game is how easy it is to jump right back into despite me not playing it for a few months. I already arrived at the university and I think the hardest part was sneaking towards lighted outpost with Sam and Henry. Good lord.

Hardest parts were the abandoned shelter where there's tons of runners and clickers, the part where you're Ellie with David and you have to hold the room with the bloater and also, the very end where there are really no checkpoints. Flamethrower was a godsend at that point.

My Clicker arrived today. It’s nice in a gruesome kind of way. The added cotton to add the fungus look is a nice touch.

the last of us 009.jpg

the last of us 014.jpg

I'll buy any 1/6 done at this point by any company... probably the most earth shattering game ever and we got ZERO merch for it.

That's ****ing nice. In a lot of ways TLOU can be life changing, I don't have any children yet... but it really put the love of a father to a child in perspective.

That's ****ing nice. In a lot of ways TLOU can be life changing, I don't have any children yet... but it really put the love of a father to a child in perspective.

My daughter is named Ellie. Partially because it's the only name my wife and I liked (well more on my end, I couldn't get into most girls' names), but in my mind it's largely based on TLOU's Ellie.

I'd already played the game when I found out I was going to be having a daughter, but I'm always in a constant state of re-playing the game. So playing the game - while feeling altogether clueless and nervous about raising a girl (a boy seemed easier for me) - a lot of the bonding aspects really hit home for me.

I also figured that if this messed up, gruff of a man with an awful daughter backstory can figure out how to "raise" a daughter, so can I.

My daughter is named Ellie. Partially because it's the only name my wife and I liked (well more on my end, I couldn't get into most girls' names), but in my mind it's largely based on TLOU's Ellie.

I'd already played the game when I found out I was going to be having a daughter, but I'm always in a constant state of re-playing the game. So playing the game - while feeling altogether clueless and nervous about raising a girl (a boy seemed easier for me) - a lot of the bonding aspects really hit home for me.

I also figured that if this messed up, gruff of a man with an awful daughter backstory can figure out how to "raise" a daughter, so can I.

At least it's a normal name, while you get other people that name their kids horrible fictional character names.

I'm actually playing through Grounded in the remastered, and I just met up with Bill.

This is actually the second time they have done something like this. I know there is at least one other instance where they have sent a similar package to someone who reached out to them about how TLOU had a profound, emotional impact on them.

ND is a pretty well meaning and decent company, they have heart. Not too surprised they would do this, but still awesome nonetheless

Back