The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the extra scene from One Night Live on the 28th...

Btu-KYJCIAICuvT.jpg

from Twitter...

Neil Druckmann @Neil_Druckmann
To clarify:
1) New epilogue was written for #OneNightLive
2) It takes place a few WEEKS after the game.
3) He sings Future Days by @PearlJam

I really loved One Night Live :love I wish more games do this

Currently trying my GROUNDED run. First time doing this mode.
Played the hell out of the game on PS3. Got it again on PS4. Why? Cause it's fricken awesome and my fave game of last year. I could play it over and over.

Grounded is tough as hell for me. Well, I need to exercise more patience for sure.
But some parts are just a little bastard. I just made it out of Bills Town. So just at the start of when we crash the truck in the store.

Game looks great on PS4. The higher rez and cleaner textures are a welcome to my eyes. As well as the 60fps. Makes a HUGE difference for me in terms of gameplay and reaction time and running around etc. Loving it. Feels like I'm playing a whole different game the way I play and move and run around now, compared to my runs on the PS3.

I'm conflicted on Grounded. I want to give it a shot, but I don't want the inevitable frustration to make me angry at a game I love so much.

I'd never played this game so I got the remastered version for my PS4. My wife walked in and asked me what I was watching. She was surprised a game looked this good. I can't compare it to the PS3 version but it really does look amazing. So far I'm enjoying playing it--though I've died about 50 times and I'm not out of the Capitol building yet. My patience level isn't what it should be but I'm trying to minimize my frustration by being stealthy. Hopefully I can stick with it and finish the damn thing.

If your patience level has dropped too low to either - play the game at a more stealthy pace or be okay with dying a lot of not using any stealth - then drop the difficulty (and start over if you have to - I forget how changing difficulty works).

While I find the challenge fun, the story and overall experience is too important to be given up on. Make sure you can play the game without giving up, then worry about challenge or whatever.

I'd never played this game so I got the remastered version for my PS4. My wife walked in and asked me what I was watching. She was surprised a game looked this good. I can't compare it to the PS3 version but it really does look amazing. So far I'm enjoying playing it--though I've died about 50 times and I'm not out of the Capitol building yet. My patience level isn't what it should be but I'm trying to minimize my frustration by being stealthy. Hopefully I can stick with it and finish the damn thing.

Wait, what?

Anyway, it's one of those games where you can play it next to a non-gamer and they'll probably have fun watching it.

Having a blast with MP; in groups matchmaking is really slow for now, but once in a game its great. A lot of first timers that are on my friends list all say the same thing: its intense! LOL......I tell them: I know!!!

i somehow get excited for the new comers playing this game.. because it was a shame a game like this gets passed on .. i'm also curious about AngryJoe's review since' he's new as well, and he stated the game is a masterpiece.

This game is fantastic...one my top 10 all time for sure. Ive seen the remastered vids and screenshots and while it does look better, it's not that much better than the ps3 version simply because the ps3 version was already amazing. The textures and framerate basically look better to me. In any case, if you guys HAVEN'T played this, you've got to try it...just an amazing experience that everyone should try. I'm gonna try the DLC story soon. For those of you have seen this live version, is there somewhere we can watch this?

What are the differences in grounded?

Just got up to winter on my remastered version. Still incredible.

Basically increased enemy damage, awareness and AI, decreased supplies, no button prompts or HUD, and the kicker...about 1/3 of the checkpoints.

Basically increased enemy damage, awareness and AI, decreased supplies, no button prompts or HUD, and the kicker...about 1/3 of the checkpoints.
Jesus. I couldn't do that. I'm having a blast in this game but I've died dozens and dozens times throughout - on normal difficulty.

This game is fantastic...one my top 10 all time for sure. Ive seen the remastered vids and screenshots and while it does look better, it's not that much better than the ps3 version simply because the ps3 version was already amazing. The textures and framerate basically look better to me. In any case, if you guys HAVEN'T played this, you've got to try it...just an amazing experience that everyone should try. I'm gonna try the DLC story soon. For those of you have seen this live version, is there somewhere we can watch this?

Here you go friend, just fast forward the 30 minutes countdown and enjoy...especially the alternate version ending :)

That One Night Live performance was awesome. Just amazing; would love them to do this for Uncharted myself as well....so good.

For those playing MP, what's your take on the BOW? To me, it seems OP. Rest of the weapons seem balanced.

Last of Remastered....MASTERED. Woot! Beat Grounded plus run. About 8 trophies "dinged" giving me all the other difficulty trophies.
Feels good :)

Took me quite a while for certain sections. Had to play in a way I never played before. It made me a better player.

This. :lecture

The only reason I haven't tried grounded yet. :/

Conquered here. Used some youtube videos for tips. It's amazing how certain sections which seem hard as hell, even on normal, if you use the right strategy, can get thru without a scratch or not even noticed lol Crazy.
Many sections took me many tries. Like 30 minutes worth of restarting the encounter, until I mastered it. Conserving as much as I could.

Back