The Killing Joke animated film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goodnewseveryone-professor_zpsd9f36e14.jpg

Batman: The Killing Joke: Mark Hamill to Voice Joker | Collider

Conroy is saying he wants to do it, so as long as WB isn't being stupid, I don't see why this shouldn't end up being the classic we've all dreamed it would be.

I wonder who they will get to voice the rest of the characters since this is a story that needs talented voices to push how messed up all of what the joker did in that comic and basically just get good voice talent to keep the bar up high with Mark Hamill as the joker, you just cant toss anyone else in there thats not at his level ..

I think keeping a lot of the animated series or Arkham series voices would work if they want to play things safe. I thought Cranston did a great job as Gordon in Year One and I liked Banks in Arkham Knight. So either BrBa alum there would suit me just fine. And I think Brookes, Greene, and Strong have all been good Barbaras. I just worry if they get Strong in the booth, they might feel like shoehorning Harley into this. As much as I enjoy Harley as a character, I just want this to be a page by page, frame by frame adaptation. TDKR was done fantastically so I have high hopes for this. Getting Hamill back as the Joker was the #1 thing that they needed. Getting Conroy back is #2. After that, I can't make any demands. I think the history the two of them have as Batman and the Joker is critical to this story. It really is about their relationship and I think actually having a history between the two is going to lend itself well to the material. While casting for Jim and Babs is important, its of much lesser importance to me than Batman's casting at this point. They could get the people from the Gotham series for the rest for all I care as long as Conroy gets in.

I'm not that excited about Hamill and possibly Conroy playing those roles. It is the "safe" choice, but at this point I'm tired of them and their fanboys. TDKR was so refreshing because they used different actors, and it worked. The Killing Joke is one of my favorite stories, and the last thing I want is to be reminded of the animated series when I'm watching a movie that has nothing to do with that show. I'm sure Hamill will be fine, but he'll just do the same old shtick he's been doing for 20+ years, when they could get someone new, fresh, with no baggage. In stead of TKJ, it's just going to be the animated series 2.0.

It's not bad, and I do like Hamill, but he's not the only one who can play that role. If he delivers the lines like this, I won't mind it too much, I guess.

I'm not that excited about Hamill and possibly Conroy playing those roles. It is the "safe" choice, but at this point I'm tired of them and their fanboys. TDKR was so refreshing because they used different actors, and it worked. The Killing Joke is one of my favorite stories, and the last thing I want is to be reminded of the animated series when I'm watching a movie that has nothing to do with that show. I'm sure Hamill will be fine, but he'll just do the same old shtick he's been doing for 20+ years, when they could get someone new, fresh, with no baggage. In stead of TKJ, it's just going to be the animated series 2.0.

It's not bad, and I do like Hamill, but he's not the only one who can play that role. If he delivers the lines like this, I won't mind it too much, I guess.

FUhDbHv.gif

I'm a fan of BTAS, but Conroy and Hamill are too old for TKJ.
Not gonna watch this anyway, so... yeah. Just tired of Batman/Joker thing at this point and don't care much.

Knightfall? Ego? Prey?
Nah, let's adapt Joker centered story.

I'm a fan of BTAS, but Conroy and Hamill are too old for TKJ.
Not gonna watch this anyway, so... yeah. Just tired of Batman/Joker thing at this point and don't care much.

Knightfall? Ego? Prey?
Nah, let's adapt Joker centered story.

g1jBqAI.gif

I think the tone of the games is what makes them.

The voice actors in Origins did just as good of a job.

Back