The Killing Joke animated film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true, but to this day it has always been debated if she was raped by the Joker. Even though it's not blatant nor shown, the idea of that happening is still considered quite strong.

I suppose that would probably be chalked with disturbing violence and images, and not so much sexual content.

Strong sexual content? Assuming there even was sexual content, "strong" indicates "explicit," and anything that could even be remotely construed as sexual in nature was on the tamest end of being "implied."

As far as the R-rating goes, my thought process is that the content should decide the rating, and not the other way around. If it needs to be R, then let it be R, but don't make it more gratuitous than it is for the sake of the R-rating. That's why I liked Tucker's non-committed response to the rating.

Exactly. I hope the greenlight for R- rated approval is there only if the MPAA deems the final content of the film R rated. I hope they see it as the OK to not hold anything back, but not add content that wasn't in the book.

The next animated feature from DC Entertainment will be Batman: The Killing Joke, an adaptation of the controversial and acclaimed 1988 graphic novel by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland. Today at Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans, Executive Producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) revealed that they've had to add story to make The Killing Joke a feature-length film and when it will debut.

"The one big difference about it, as opposed to those other projects (The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & Part 2), is The Killing Joke... the source material is really not long enough to make an entire feature film out of," Timm told ConTV. "So we actually had to add a lot more story to it. Which is tricky. But I think we came up with a really good solution on how that worked."

He added, "We're actually going to be premiering it at San Diego Comic-Con." SDCC runs from July 21–24.

If the source material is not long enough to make a feature-length film, maybe you shouldn't :dunno

image.jpg

I am so glad Conroy is back for this too. It just wouldn't have felt right without him. Seeing the two of them together is so cool. Its not often you get a job that you get to keep coming back to for so many years. I don't think anyone involved in BTAS had any idea what an impact that show as going to have.

I wasn't really expecting Bolland's art to a tee. Looks good, honestly. Fits with how they've adapted Year One and TDKR and so forth.

I just really hope the voice acting is good. That ruined Year One and Dark Knight Returns for me. Actually, there was a lot more than the voice acting that ruined that movie for me. The fight with Mutant Leader was sweet (It's probably my favorite animated fight), but it was really watered and lazy interpretation of the story to me personally. I hope this is good because The Killing Joke is an awesome story.

Back