The "I've Seen Indy IV" Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to see the new Indy movie today. Wow, I LOVED IT! :whip It was FUN! Yes, it WAS an Indiana Jones movie. Contrary to what "JAWS" said, it was NOT a copy of the Mummy movies. The Mummy movies copied many things in them from the Indiana Jones movies. I thought KOTCS had some great moments of humor, action, dramactic reflection (especially the scene where Indy talked about losing his Dad, and then his old friend, Marcus Brody), and great acting. :gun I WILL SEE IT AGAIN! I'm a HUGE Indiana Jones fan, and I always will be. I really enjoyed seeing Shai Lebeouf in the movie. I thought he did a great job. I think it would be cool if the "torch is passed" on to him for further "Indiana Jones" movies. Go ahead Lucas and Spielberg, I'll be there. Yeah, you can't replace Harrison Ford as Indy, but he would be a great successor to Indy.

I saw it in a large Grand theater in town on one of their best and biggest screens today at 12:45pm. The theater was packed and we all laughed at the funny parts, and were thrilled by the great action and special effects. I had a great time. You really can't beat that theater experience. I think this movie WILL stand the test of time, just as the previous three Indiana Jones films have...especially Raiders. It is not perfect like Raiders was, but it is a great and worthy addition to the Indy saga. I know I'll definitely buy it on DVD! Hopefully by the time it comes out I'll finally have a Blu-Ray player and get all of the Indy movies on Blu-Ray! :D

I finally got to see the new Indy movie today. Wow, I LOVED IT! :whip It was FUN! Yes, it WAS an Indiana Jones movie. Contrary to what "JAWS" said, it was NOT a copy of the Mummy movies. The Mummy movies copied many things in them from the Indiana Jones movies. I thought KOTCS had some great moments of humor, action, dramactic reflection (especially the scene where Indy talked about losing his Dad, and then his old friend, Marcus Brody), and great acting. :gun I WILL SEE IT AGAIN! I'm a HUGE Indiana Jones fan, and I always will be. I really enjoyed seeing Shai Lebeouf in the movie. I thought he did a great job. I think it would be cool if the "torch is passed" on to him for further "Indiana Jones" movies. Go ahead Lucas and Spielberg, I'll be there. Yeah, you can't replace Harrison Ford as Indy, but he would be a great successor to Indy.

I saw it in a large Grand theater in town on one of their best and biggest screens today at 12:45pm. The theater was packed and we all laughed at the funny parts, and were thrilled by the great action and special effects. I had a great time. You really can't beat that theater experience. I think this movie WILL stand the test of time, just as the previous three Indiana Jones films have...especially Raiders. It is not perfect like Raiders was, but it is a great and worthy addition to the Indy saga. I know I'll definitely buy it on DVD! Hopefully by the time it comes out I'll finally have a Blu-Ray player and get all of the Indy movies on Blu-Ray! :D

I'm with ya man. I had so much fun. Its good but not great and worthy of being in this series. I think time will be quite kind to this film and after people see it multiple times they will finally get past the 20 year block they built up.

Nice!! I had lunch with Wetanut today and listened to it all the way there and back. Just me, my car, and Indy. :gun

Erm....
you're wrong, you're probably one of those people that made 'Meet The Spartans No. 1 in the USA!:monkey3
This is an adventure story, it's just trying to entertain for 2 hours or so. Have fun with it, most other people are...

D:chew:chew:chew:chew

Indy 4 Kicks All Kinds Of *SS

Good argument!

All the Indy films were adventure films. Thing is, is that Indy 4 was a poorly made adventure film.

Last edited:
I finally got to see the new Indy movie today. Wow, I LOVED IT! :whip It was FUN! Yes, it WAS an Indiana Jones movie. Contrary to what "JAWS" said, it was NOT a copy of the Mummy movies. The Mummy movies copied many things in them from the Indiana Jones movies.

Yes the Mummy films were a copy of the original Indy films. It was a dumbed down version of those great films. And Indy 4 istead of being an intelligent adventure films like the other Indy films was a dumbed down adventure film thus taking a page from the Mummy films. Jumping that car over the cliff on purpose, swining on vines, and all the bad humour made it feel like a Mummy movie. My guess is that SS and GL felt that that is what the audiences taste for adventure films has gone. And since those films were did well and everyone seems to be enjoying this film, they seem to be right.

I like my Indy films to have Indy kicking some butt not just being a spectator. I don't want to see a film that is a set up for the further adventures of Mutt Jones. His character was OK but not good enough to take over for Indy.

I am suprised so many are enjoying this film as it feels nothing like an Indy films. This is not just a bad Indy film it's a BAD movie. But hey thats just my opinion. But I feel that time and repeat viewings by the masses will expose all the flaws of this film.

I am suprised so many are enjoying this film as it feels nothing like an Indy films. This is not just a bad Indy film it's a BAD movie. But hey thats just my opinion. But I feel that time and repeat viewings by the masses will expose all the flaws of this film.

I think you're wrong, because the exact opposite is already happening.

But enjoy your bitterness and lack of deciphering subjectivity vs objectivity. :duff

But enjoy your bitterness and lack of deciphering subjectivity vs objectivity. :duff

The exact opposite thing is happening indeed. People who where mixed the first time are coming out enjoying themselves the second time.

His comments are exactly what I was talking about last night that people who HATE this movie can't be talked with. When they say I cant understand how people are liking it the discussion won't go far at all.

His comments are exactly what I was talking about last night that people who HATE this movie can't be talked with. When they say I cant understand how people are liking it the discussion won't go far at all.

See Josh here is why I created the negative thread. I actually liked the movie mind you. I didn't think it was great though either. Why do you feel the need to try to convince someone to like it if they didn't? Just let them have their opinion. Who cares what they think. It goes both ways.

See Josh here is why I created the negative thread. I actually liked the movie mind you. I didn't think it was great though either. Why do you feel the need to try to convince someone to like it if they didn't? Just let them have their opinion. Who cares what they think. It goes both ways.

Who says I'm trying to convince anyone? I sure didn't. Never said anything of the sort actually. I was simply talking about trying to just have conversations about the movie. As far as why you created this thread please don't go with the I created this thread for people who didn't like it. We all know you did it to be a smart ass and poke fun.

Who says I'm trying to convince anyone? I sure didn't. Never said anything of the sort actually. I was simply talking about trying to just have conversations about the movie. As far as why you created this thread please don't go with the I created this thread for people who didn't like it. We all know you did it to be a smart ass and poke fun.

Well if someone doesn't like it and you did what is there to talk about? I didn't create the thread to be a smart ass either. I just wanted to prove a point. It was proved without question. Also mind you the negative thread is beating the positive thread in posts. Kinda maked you wonder. I just see it along with everything else on this board. People don't want to discuss they want to argue and throw out all sorts of information about how people are wrong. If someone says they don't like it why try to proove them wrong or say that they just didn't get it? Just let them have their opinion and move along. Case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS

Irish's response:

But enjoy your bitterness and lack of deciphering subjectivity vs objectivity.

The guy didn't lilke the movie. So what? How does that make him bitter?

The exact opposite thing is happening indeed. People who where mixed the first time are coming out enjoying themselves the second time.

People who love this film can't be talked with either.

I admit that it's all opinion. I stated it inmy one post. And perhaps I should have not said "how can people love this film" But can you understand why people HATE it?? Other then as someone else stated - " enjoying our bitterness and lack of deciphering subjectivity vs objectivity"

Perhaps I should not compare it to the other Indy films. But Christ it's an Indy film. And even if I don't compare it to the other films I still don't think it stands on it's own very well.

I have made my arguments and pointed out a few things I did not like about the film but nobody seems to be arguing about those points. They just tell me I am wrong and that I can't be talked with.

Again I say I think time will be unkind to this film. Sure some may be seeing it a second time and enjoying it because the dissapointment was so great the first time that it could go nowhere but up.But after more repeat viewing all of the glaring problems will be that much more pronounced. I could be wrong.

But hey I am just a bitter man who can't be talked to.

Well if someone doesn't like it and you did what is there to talk about? I didn't create the thread to be a smart ass either. I just wanted to prove a point. It was proved without question. Also mind you the negative thread is beating the positive thread in posts. Kinda makes you wonder. I just see it along with everything else on this board. People don't want to discuss they want to argue and throw out all sorts of information about how people are wrong. If someone says they don't like it why try to prove them wrong or say that they just didn't get it? Just let them have their opinion and move along. Case in point:

What is there to talk about? How about civil discussion about why people liked and didn't like it. Just making conversation as I've done with many people here and off here.

You didn't create this thread to be a smart ass? Oh come on Keith. I'm seriously calling BS on this. You may have been trying to prove a point but you did it to also be a smart ass and I'd be willing to bet the farm on it. So the negative thread is beating the positive thread. Is this a contest? :lol I guess it proves the people who liked it are trying to start discussions with those that didn't like it.

People who love this film can't be talked with either.

Maybe some who are so far right/left of center. I know too many on here that can be like myself, Josh, Carl (yes him too :p), Dave, Tom, etc.

However, when you make the statement that you cannot understand how people like/love this it leads me at least to believe the discussion just ended.

I admit that it's all opinion. I stated it in my one post. And perhaps I should have not said "how can people love this film" But can you understand why people HATE it?? Other then as someone else stated - " enjoying our bitterness and lack of deciphering subjectivity vs objectivity"

I can understand. I don't get it but I'd like to understand if someone would be willing to discuss. I do some because of how Dusty at least explained how she didn't care for it.

I have made my arguments and pointed out a few things I did not like about the film but nobody seems to be arguing about those points. They just tell me I am wrong and that I can't be talked with.

You did point out what you didn't like but I think you hurt your stance by saying you didn't get why people liked it. Thats what made it look like to me you couldn't be talked with.

Again, I say I think time will be unkind to this film. Sure some may be seeing it a second time and enjoying it because the disappointment was so great the first time that it could go nowhere but up.But after more repeat viewing all of the glaring problems will be that much more pronounced. I could be wrong.

Well, I disagree. I think overtime people will enjoy this film but it will never be looked at as a great film. I don't think most seeing it a second time and enjoying it has to do with the disappointment from the first, but more because they had their expectation levels sky high(think Raiders high).

Back