The Indy Acquisitions ("Look What I Found") Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: So, I'm seriously regretting not getting the one Irina figure I saw since I finally remembered the relic she has is the Crystal Skull. Crap.

Yeah, you should have grabbed one. She's also in more limited numbers (for now, anyway) than the other figures.

Got the Raiders Indy and map room Indy. Almost all the eyes were painted on so terribly. Either too large or cross eyed and crazy looking. Went through a dozen or so before I found a decent one.

thought about getting the Crystal skull one sans jacket but passed for now. Didn't see the other Skull Indy. And good grief those 12" figures look even worse in person.

What's the cheapest place for these? I saw the deluxe ones at Target and TRU for 9.99 but the 3 3/4 ones at Target for 7.15 and TRU for 6.99.

Got the Raiders Indy and map room Indy. Almost all the eyes were painted on so terribly. Either too large or cross eyed and crazy looking. Went through a dozen or so before I found a decent one.

thought about getting the Crystal skull one sans jacket but passed for now. Didn't see the other Skull Indy. And good grief those 12" figures look even worse in person.

What's the cheapest place for these? I saw the deluxe ones at Target and TRU for 9.99 but the 3 3/4 ones at Target for 7.15 and TRU for 6.99.

Wal-Mart should be the cheapest. $6.64 for the 3.75" figures there and $19.96 for the 12" (which I have yet to see in person).

And you're right about the eye painting ranging from okay to horrible on the Indy figures. Mostly the Indy character himself. The others aren't so bad. What's up with that??

Yeah, you should have grabbed one. She's also in more limited numbers (for now, anyway) than the other figures.

Aw man, don't tell me that. Well, maybe I'll go later today to see if they still have it, but not right now. Crossing the fingers.

Wal-Mart should be the cheapest. $6.64 for the 3.75" figures there and $19.96 for the 12" (which I have yet to see in person).

And you're right about the eye painting ranging from okay to horrible on the Indy figures. Mostly the Indy character himself. The others aren't so bad. What's up with that??

I saw some slop on Mutt but not as bad as all the Indy figures which were comically bad. The horrible eye paint is one of the reasons I don't like to preorder figures like this.

I saw some slop on Mutt but not as bad as all the Indy figures which were comically bad. The horrible eye paint is one of the reasons I don't like to preorder figures like this.

Agreed. Very glad I didn't end up pre-ordering these after seeing some of Indys at the store.

And I'm wondering if the reason behind the sloppy paint on the Indys is because they're being produced in much higher numbers than the others... so the kids in the Chinese sweatshop are hurriedly painting them. :duh

I'll tell ya, the paint on the Belloq figure was pretty nice. The only thing bugging me about that figure is that the stones on the chestpiece weren't done the best. It's good enough though. I can udnerstand why there would be a zillion Indys being painted, but it looks to me like the ones that have bad paint are the KOTCS ones. The Raiders ones look pretty nice so far.

I was pleasantly surprised that the KotCS jacketless Indy headsculpt was much better than the Raiders one. I figure if I cobble together 2-3 figures I can get one really good Raiders Indy with jacket and without.

I was really disappointed in the Marion figures, both the deluxe and the regular look bad.

Yeah, not liking the face on Marion much at all... but I'll live with it, I guess.

Man, stepping back into 3.75" figures is like going from an iPhone to one of those huge backpack cellphones from the early 80s. Just so many steps back in quality. I've definitely been spoiled by higher-end collectibles and this reminds me of why I've avoided toy aisles for the most part for the past few years.

No maproom Indys yet in my Walmart...(that's all I got, one lousy Walmart!)
But I have access to countless Irinas...if anyone needs one!

Anyway, here's my 12" Indy haul, if you can call it that! At least I have the Ark coming! :rock

INDYS12inches.jpg

WHiipppow!!!

Man, stepping back into 3.75" figures is like going from an iPhone to one of those huge backpack cellphones from the early 80s. Just so many steps back in quality. I've definitely been spoiled by higher-end collectibles and this reminds me of why I've avoided toy aisles for the most part for the past few years.

I know exactly what you mean. Digressing from PF to a 3.75" mass-produced figure is a shock to the system. :lol

I actually think Mutt is the 2nd best of the 12" figures. It needs a lot of rework and customizing, though. And there is absolutely no excuse for them not giving him the jacket that he apparently wears for 95% of the movie. :nono

man, I just got back from a toy hunt...didn't find nearly what I expected to find. Most stores told me things wouldn't be showing up until Sunday. :(

But I did score quite a few figures and the convoy truck. I'm a very happy geek!
Trev

man, I just got back from a toy hunt...didn't find nearly what I expected to find. Most stores told me things wouldn't be showing up until Sunday. :(

But I did score quite a few figures and the convoy truck. I'm a very happy geek!
Trev

Did you tell them you've sculpted the two best Indy figures in the market? I would have brought whatever you wanted out from the back if you told me that. What a bunch of tards.

Trev

Congrats. what figs did you pick up?

and I just want to say for the record Tom Waits rocks! :rock

3 TRU's, 2 Targets and a Wal-Mart.

Got 16 of the 19 figures
4 of the 6 deluxe
The truck and the troop car.

I'm too tired to even open them.

I think a lot of the Targets aren't stocking until Sunday, which is their official reset. And even lots of Wal-Marts seem to be keen to wait until the weekend.

Almost all TRU stores seem to have put them out, though.

My local TRU and Target didn't have any Indy product. At a K-Mart, I picked up some of the Adventure Heroes, but that was all they had. The two WalMarts I visited both had the regular 3 3/4" figures and the second had all the deluxe.

I picked up Indy w/horse, German soldier on motorcycle, Sallah, Cairo Swordsman and Belloq.

Back