The Indy Acquisitions ("Look What I Found") Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the local targets will wait and if they do can I talk them to bringing it from the back.

Bought the 12" Indy today at work and put together a quick comic for yall.

solofett-001.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So true. Either Sloth eyes or crazy big cartoon eyes were all I saw on Indy.

It was odd, most Targets had stuff out, a couple didn't and I saw nothing at Walmart.

Got the set of glasses (perfect beer glasses, BTW), the popcorn boxes, and the 11x14 of INDY at Blockbuster tonight.

They didn't have the DVD case, though.

Well, I decided to get KOTCS Indy and Belloq after all. So I went hunting after work and everything was picked over. I couldn't believe it. I went to 2 Wal-marts, 2 Targets, a K-mart and a TRU, before finding what I wanted at the last store, a Target.

That hunt was hard. I'm out of practice! :lol I'm good now until the LC and TOD waves ship. I'm assuming we'll see more Raiders waves? I'd like to see a few more Belloqs, Toht, an Indy as German soldier, Marion in the white dress and Indy as professor.

There will now surely be more figures after the TOD wave. This line is an early hit, obviously fueled by the hype and excitement over KOTCS. But since enough people are apparently jumping into the line I think they may actually be able to sustain it for a while.

But, hey, it's no SPEED RACER. :lol

I picked up three more small figures today; Sallah, Irina and Monkey Man. It's weird in Albany, the places that have the figures have tons of them and they don't seem to be moving.

I picked up three more small figures today; Sallah, Irina and Monkey Man. It's weird in Albany, the places that have the figures have tons of them and they don't seem to be moving.

Lucky you!

But I think most of the figures will be pretty easy to come by within the next few weeks once initial demand is met. I bet Wal-Mart will start ordering/stocking tons.

man, I just got back from a toy hunt...didn't find nearly what I expected to find. Most stores told me things wouldn't be showing up until Sunday. :(

But I did score quite a few figures and the convoy truck. I'm a very happy geek!
Trev

It's so nice to see that your enthusiasm and love for these kinds of things shows in your work. :D

Yeah, not liking the face on Marion much at all... but I'll live with it, I guess.

Man, stepping back into 3.75" figures is like going from an iPhone to one of those huge backpack cellphones from the early 80s. Just so many steps back in quality. I've definitely been spoiled by higher-end collectibles and this reminds me of why I've avoided toy aisles for the most part for the past few years.

No - it's more like the difference between a toy iPhone and a real one. I mean toys are toys after all, and they look good to kids (remember, kids are smaller so the toys look bigger and more impressive!). But even though individually I think the figures are a bit meh, eight of them look great on a shelf together, and when there's like thirty they'll look even better.

Thant Indy photoshop is hilarious! We ought to send it to Hasbro.

I picked up ROTLA and KOTCS Indy today, kinda funny, i didn't look at the eyes at first but as I was checking out they were fine, lucky grab I guess, there was only like one ROTLA Indy anyway so slim pickings.

Back