The Indy Acquisitions ("Look What I Found") Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently. :lol

Back on topic... is anyone planning on making a "toy run" after Midnight tonight?

Thanks for getting the train back on the tracks.

Boredom was setting in with the endless repetition.:banghead

I'm going to check out my Wally-World on the US side of the border maybe later today to see if there's anything early. I'll need to see these in hand to see if they're worth it--- but for roughly $5 a pop and with the possibility of good 1/4 and 1/6 items I think I'll have to bite the bullet although I originally just intended to maybe pick up a couple of the Indys.

Back on topic... is anyone planning on making a "toy run" after Midnight tonight?

I'm tempted. I hadn't planned on buying any of the action figures, but curiosity is getting the better of me. I just got paid too. That's always a dangerous thing.

I think I'll hit a Wal-Mart tonight and then leave work tomorrow morning around 8:30 or so and hit Toys R Us and Target.

However, I'm hearing that Target may not actually put anything out until Sunday (5/4), which is their official reset and when they will have new print ads.

Just came from Target and they have everything out. Of course by the time I got there it had already been picked through.

I opened ALL of them. No redemption form in any of the eight RAIDERS figures. :huh

Must be in one of the KOTCS figs (which also come out Thursday).

The redemption form was in every ROTLA figure I got here in the UK yesterday, and the stickers were inside the relic boxes.

Well, I went to Toys R Us when they opened, and got the few figures I wanted. Hey, can we assume the Mighty Muggs figures aren't coming out today? No one had them, and hell, they're not even on ebay.:(

Today, I picked up the twelve inch Whip Action Indy. Very cool. Except for the limp wrist. I know it's how they made the whip thing work, but it makes Dr. Jones a little swishy.

Also, I picked up Marion and Belloq to go with the Raiders Indy I got off eBay for very cheap.

Yeah, I'm guessing the Mighty Muggs aren't out yet. Boo!!!!!

I don't think the Mighty Muggs come out until June.

I caved on the action figures. I knew I would. I bought Raiders Indy and the Indy w/Ark 2-pack. I might get the entire Raiders line eventually, but for now I'm only interested in Indy himself.

I'm hoping the rest of my stuff from BBTS ships today. If not I might see what I can find in stores and cancel what hasn't shipped yet. :lol

Do you think any of the figures are going to be more rare or hard to get than the others. Personally, the one I see being the more in demand one would be Indy holding the Crystal Skull, sine it's the MacGuffin of the movie. I picked up three total. I picked up that Indy with the skull, Raiders Indy (not whip action), and Belloq. They really were the only ones I had interest in, but I might try to get Irina one of these days too.

EDIT: So, I'm seriously regretting not getting the one Irina figure I saw since I finally remembered the relic she has is the Crystal Skull. Crap.

Last edited:
I considered Belloq. He's such a great character. But I would prefer a figure of him in the outfit at the beginning of the film and not in the ceremonial robes, so I passed. I considered KOTCS Indy, but I want to see the film first before committing to spending money on the action figures.

I can't wait until Hasbro releases a TOD wave.

I went to Target and they said they not putting anything out but the 12" figs. Won't even have the 3.75". Walmart had quiet a bit. Bought 10 figs(for the kids) and kept the relics for me. Also bought 4 12" again for the kids and will be getting the ark.

Saw these today at Target and TRU, but passed. I will probably get Raiders and Skull Indy at least on Monday when I can get them for $2 after I use my $5 off coupon with my Batman purchases. Might get a few more after that though.

If anyone has any extra redemption forms/stickers, please let me know. I would like to get the 3 3/4 mail away, but I'm not sure I'll be buying 6 (sad I know, but money is tight and Sideshow's are better). Also, if any of you aren't planning on using the 12" figure's stickers and forms for the Ark, I would like those too since I'll probably only pick up the Swordsman.

Back