The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Iceberg Lounge

I hope whatever he does will be his own take on the character. I'm just as excited to see what Margot Robbie does with Harley Quinn as I am what Leto does with Joker.

As am I. :duff

No idea where he'll fall on the psychological profile. Considering some elements from The Dark Knight Returns seem to be influencing BvS maybe he will be something along those lines. I could also maybe see something resembling the Joker from the Arkham games. There have been some videos popping up recently of Leto performing with his band where it seems like he's been breaking into character and giving a little tease of his Joker voice.

Thanks for this. :hi5: Just a few seconds' worth and I'm already looking forward to his performance.

I am almost too excited to see his take.

Getting to see him as the Joker AND interacting with Harley Quinn for the first time on the silver screen is what excites me the most about Suicide Squad.

If these DC movies prove to be great successes, it'll probably be a bummer having to wait years to see the Affleck Batman and Leto Joker interact in a solo film. If that's even in the plans.

Getting to see him as the Joker AND interacting with Harley Quinn for the first time on the silver screen is what excites me the most about Suicide Squad.

If these DC movies prove to be great successes, it'll probably be a bummer having to wait years to see the Affleck Batman and Leto Joker interact in a solo film. If that's even in the plans.

I think it's a safe bet Leto's joker will make his way to a solo Batman film to face off with Affleck. There are also rumors Affleck may have a cameo in Suicide Squad. I doubt he'll interact with Leto's Joker, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't hint at a future confrontation.

Affleck is 6-4. He's also been working out like a madman and is now about the size of an NFL linebacker. I don't know if Leto, who's a pretty scrawny guy even when he's all shredded (remember him from Fight Club?), is much of a match for him physically.

Perhaps he'll try to outthink Bats, rather than try to slug it out with him?

I don't think Joker has ever really been a match physically for Batman. Interestingly enough, though, Leto has shown a picture of himself working out for the role and also talked about having to adjust his diet to put on a little weight. I doubt there's much time for him to really bulk up before filming starts, but it seems this Joker may be a bit more fit then what we've seen before.

It would add some variety to see a physically in imposing Joker go up against a monster of a Batman.

Ledger Joker pretty much wrecked and over powered Bale Batman in every confrontation save for the interrogation scene. They were roughly the same size. It'd be cool to see a "puny" Joker attack Batman in different ways. Supposedly there's a rumor going around that in Suicide squad, it's implied that Leto Joker killed off Batman's sidekick . . .

Affleck is 6-4. He's also been working out like a madman and is now about the size of an NFL linebacker. I don't know if Leto, who's a pretty scrawny guy even when he's all shredded (remember him from Fight Club?), is much of a match for him physically.
Perhaps he'll try to outthink Bats, rather than try to slug it out with him?
Isn't that what he usually does?
I don't think Joker has ever really been a match physically for Batman. Interestingly enough, though, Leto has shown a picture of himself working out for the role and also talked about having to adjust his diet to put on a little weight. I doubt there's much time for him to really bulk up before filming starts, but it seems this Joker may be a bit more fit then what we've seen before.

:lecture

It would add some variety to see a physically in imposing Joker go up against a monster of a Batman.

Ledger Joker pretty much wrecked and over powered Bale Batman in every confrontation save for the interrogation scene. They were roughly the same size. It'd be cool to see a "puny" Joker attack Batman in different ways. Supposedly there's a rumor going around that in Suicide squad, it's implied that Leto Joker killed off Batman's sidekick . . .

Wrecked and overpowered? LOL in which movie?? In the first confrontation at Wayne's penthouse Batman was winning against Joker AND a couple of his guys. Joker gets in a cheapshot footknife stab (which Batman shrugs off btw) while a thug is holding Batman back. In their second confrontation, Joker blows up his car, and then Batman is temporarily incapacitated after crashing his bike, but Joker doesn't actually physically best Batman in a fight. ONLY in their final confrontation at the construction site, does Joker get the drop on him*.

The Joker was never really a physical match for Batman in TDK -- it was all psychological.

* After throwing two rottweilers, a net, and crowbar beating at him.

Wrecked and overpowered? LOL in which movie?? In the first confrontation at Wayne's penthouse Batman was winning against Joker AND a couple of his guys. Joker gets in a cheapshot footknife stab (which Batman shrugs off btw) while a thug is holding Batman back. In their second confrontation, Joker blows up his car, and then Batman is temporarily incapacitated after crashing his bike, but Joker doesn't actually physically best Batman in a fight. ONLY in their final confrontation at the construction site, does Joker get the drop on him*.

The Joker was never really a physical match for Batman in TDK -- it was all psychological.

*After throwing three rottweilers, a metal pipe beating, and a net at him and beating on him some more, and stabbing him while tangled in said net. Before pinning him with the help of a metal gate.

Last edited:

*After throwing three rottweilers, a metal pipe beating, and a net at him and beating on him some more, and stabbing him while tangled in said net. Before pinning him with the help of a metal gate.

Sounds like a good old fashioned ass whoopin to me :lol And he also gave the dork knight a psychological whoopin :banana

bt7Gmog.gif

^

Exactly. Batman got KTFO by him. If we want to play the "he cheated by using weapons and stuff!", well, that's exactly how Batman stops the Joker from strangling his ass with that metal gate.

Joker doesn't have to be able to bench press more than Batman or know martial arts to be a physical threat to him. He ****ed Batman's **** up by mania alone.

Last edited:

Joker's refusal to "play by the rules" gives him a pretty huge advantage. Not to mention Batman's aversion to traditional firearms.

And let's face it, Ledger Joker was never that gangly, frail kinda guy that Batman could easily dominate like on the comics. This type of stuff never happened to him,

image.jpg

Even in the interrogation scene, he's taking Batman's punches like a champ as if he were on stage putting on a show. Who cares if he used dogs (which was one of the reasons Batman got a new suit anyway) and pipes? Joker still managed to wreck and overpower him.

"B-b-but Muh Sonar eyes went on the fritz."

Oh well. Liam Neeson gave him a similar beating with his bare hands on the train. In fact, he subdues Batman in a similar fashion like the Joker (choke/strangling him) and the only way he gets out of it is by a distraction that surprises the villain.

Last edited:

Yup, and don't forget the guy he killed with a pencil and the "tough" cop in the interrogation room. He was able to manhandle them pretty easily

xptq465.gif

He was no pushover. I mean, that's some Steven Seagal stuff right there :lol

That's part of the problem I've had with all of the iterations of Batman in the films.
In the comics, Bats is one of the best martial artists in the DCU, with very few who can challenge him (weapons or otherwise). I realize these are films, and that it's one of the ways to create tension, but it's a loss of an important part of his character. That, and the fact that no film has really captured his obsession, or his great detective skills.

Back