The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Fortress at Wayne Manor

Dave, I thought this thread could be a place where new members and longtime members could get together to talk about figures, 1/6 and otherwise, as well as DC properties in a more relaxed and less intense atmosphere than the individual figure threads.

The DC section has a reputation in other sections as a place where figures get torn apart and obliterated. I thought this thread could help change and alter those perceptions. I thought it could be a place to celebrate all of the good things about DC.

I also thought it would come in especially handy when new DC movies are released in the next few years.

Okay - that's great. But reading the thread title and the first post - and then scanning the thread - even I had problems figuring out what it's supposed to be. Perhaps a clarification of thread title is in order?

Okay - that's great. But reading the thread title and the first post - and then scanning the thread - even I had problems figuring out what it's supposed to be. Perhaps a clarification of thread title is in order?

It's supposed to be a combination of Fortress of Solitude and Wayne Manor, a hangout for DC fans and in the same vein as the Cantina and the Hellfire Club. Any suggestions?

If you look at the beginning of the Cantina and Hellfire Club threads in those sections, they started out in a similarly organic fashion as this one. It took a few pages for those to get fleshed out.

I knew what you were trying to do Yankee.

Thanks, buddy. :duff But it's Dave's board, so if he wants changes, I'll make changes. Given a chance, I think this thread could become a really cool place.

Very cool, Snoop! :hi5: Is there ever an occasion where you can also dress casually, in superhero stuff, like your students?

Oh yeah, we have theme days like Nerd Day & Superhero Day during football and basketball seasons. :D

It's supposed to be a combination of Fortress of Solitude and Wayne Manor, a hangout for DC fans and in the same vein as the Cantina and the Hellfire Club. Any suggestions?

What about the Iceberg Lounge?

Edit:

There's also The Stacked Deck

Both are associated with Batman.

Last edited:

Go with the Hall of Justice, that incorporates everything. Nice and corny too, "Superfriends" and such.

Last edited:

No, I don't like it. This section gets a bad wrap as it is, naming it after the Penguin's seedy side, criminal restaurant doesn't exactly scream "let's have fun".

image.jpg

Plus it's Batman specific instead of encompassing the entire DC universe (which I think you intended with your Superman/Batman combination).

If you are going for all DCU then how about The Watchtower? If it's Batman only is Batcave to on the nose?

I loved the Nolan movies and(In direct contrast to EVERYONE else), far preferred The Dark Knight Rises over The Dark Knight(Which i always find to be a bit boring).I enjoyed the redemption of the character in TDKR, and the mirrors of The Dark Knight Returns. Batman back after a self imposed exile of many years, out of practice, the city has gone to hell and needs him back. He gets seriously wounded and dies(But that turns out to be a fake out). So many similarities.

I agree, and I also prefer TDKR, but TDK is my favorite because the joke is my favorite character/villain, but overall if I had to pick one to watch, I go with TDKR.

Back