The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Fortress at Wayne Manor

Because I love Robot Chicken and this is the DC forum. :D :lol

:lol

Snoop, what's the dress code like at your school? Can you wear superhero-themed gear on special days?

I'm pretty sure HT announced the cancellation of their Green Lantern movie figure. I think I'll be all in for Hot Toys DC Movie figures, which is scary. Anybody else a bit nervous about Suicide Squad including the Joker though? I hope he is a villain and not part of the team.

Besides a Robbie Harley Quinn, I'd be very much interested in a Leto Joker. Anything other than that, I'll just have to wait and see.

That's cool. :duff

Anybody else looking forward to figures from BvS, Suicide Squad, etc.?

I'm interested in Batman and Joker...what a surprise! :lol I already know what batman looks like, and I like it. As far as MR.J, it depends on how he looks, so even if the film is not good, if he looks great, it's a buy for me. Can't say the same about batman though, and also knowing that there are more films in the next 5 years, including a JL film, makes me wonder if buying a BVS figure is worth it. Look at all the marvel figures...they keep getting better with each film.

I'm interested in Batman and Joker...what a surprise! :lol I already know what batman looks like, and I like it. As far as MR.J, it depends on how he looks, so even if the film is not good, if he looks great, it's a buy for me. Can't say the same about batman though, and also knowing that there are more films in the next 5 years, including a JL film, makes me wonder if buying a BVS figure is worth it. Look at all the marvel figures...they keep getting better with each film.

I don't know about BatFleck but if the performance is good, I'll strongly consider it. Same with Supes. You think they'll make a Gadot WW? Would anybody here buy one? :lol

I don't know about BatFleck but if the performance is good, I'll strongly consider it. Same with Supes. You think they'll make a Gadot WW? Would anybody here buy one? :lol

They will, it's WW. I have no interest in a Gadot WW, especially if HT uses rubber arms. I expect multiple bats figures and maybe even Aquaman, although I don't think we'll see a figure of him until JL.

They will, it's WW. I have no interest in a Gadot WW, especially if HT uses rubber arms. I expect multiple bats figures and maybe even Aquaman, although I don't think we'll see a figure of him until JL.

Oddly enough, not only do I NOT mind the casting of Momoa as Aquaman, I might even be interested in getting him in figure form.

Oddly enough, not only do I NOT mind the casting of Momoa as Aquaman, I might even be interested in getting him in figure form.

ugh!.... I'd be intent on buying everyone of those figures so that no one gets one and I can then proceed to destroy every single one of them in ever increasingly violent and creative ways :lecture
:rotfl

btw awesome name for the thread :hi5:

:lol

Snoop, what's the dress code like at your school? Can you wear superhero-themed gear on special days?

As long as it isn't tobacco. alcohol, vulgar, sexually explicit or racist the students can wear anything else.

I always see a few students here and there wearing Deadpool, Superman, Batman or Spider-Man t-shirts or hoodies. :D

Ever since we started the comic book club at the library I see more students wearing comic related shirts. :yess:

Great thread idea. I never noticed the differences in the house before, lol.
But on the fortress front, i once made a "Kryptonite gun" for my Batman Armoury(A vial of liquid kryptonite that coats a steel flechette before it leaves the barrel. Not enough to kill Supes, but enough to take him down for a bit), and then made chunks of all the famous variants of kryptonite for it.
And we all know Batman is tooled up for every eventually. Because...
He's Batman...

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

FBEF5628-460F-4D71-905E-F58B5730A839.jpg

3066769A-B5AF-4288-ABA0-E21A78F7E9A2.jpg

334E5C90-FF3D-44AA-8EC4-F0989ED599CE.jpg

C5052FEB-62E3-4437-A663-9AB003CDE8A2.jpg

Man, that's really cool. I love te vials sticking out if it and that rock formation in the case.

Man, that's really cool. I love te vials sticking out if it and that rock formation in the case.

Thanks. I made that sniper rifle too, meant for the same usage.
As for the "rock formation", it's fairly well known that if you spray paint insulation foam, the propellant in spray paint will melt the foam. To prevent this, you paint the foam with PVA glue before spray painting it. Less well known is that if you *want* a melted look, the paint can do the same job(Or a heat gun). I use this all the time for a melted effect from foam. The trick is to get the surface as melted as you need it to be, then paint it with the PVA glue before painting it for real.
That's what i did with the Kryptonite cabinet before adding the lights.
I also used the same technique to make a small Batcave for a friend of my Brother's who reviews the Eaglemoss Batmobiles(Here's a review of his with the cave in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8s1kJsMnYY#t=229).
It's cheap as chips and easy to work. Well worth picking some up for custom projects.

IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

7B88370E-DBE8-49CF-8427-05FE4003F722.jpg

3364C2A4-1305-420B-88F6-69FF708D916C.jpg

72C041E2-025A-4B54-B9E5-6F896C9C306E.jpg

385099FE-1165-4259-8D45-45A72F5DCF65.jpg

A1F94A9E-9C85-49F3-9687-72B14B7BA109.jpg

22B588D7-A44D-498D-B2A4-3B4C7385E739.jpg

F593B7BF-BBB6-4D66-B949-5069AD570A96.jpg

618BE70B-9A7D-4C23-8EAC-C5518575100E.jpg

A40AE362-5B36-4F1E-9CFD-C91FB104BA47.jpg

7A5E253A-7B86-47D8-BD6C-457BDC6A2E1E.jpg

40798F3F-8936-4F55-A5CD-CDAAA6D529E8.jpg

B06E7BC7-C314-43DA-BA0C-46AF06130610.jpg

87CB8947-792A-4A0C-B47E-B8728A8550BB.jpg

61BF97F8-95A1-4257-B003-D9D81A0D0918.jpg

D252B44B-2D78-4B8E-BA6A-61A97028711B.jpg

F62B3597-75C1-42DA-9ACF-5BB632EEF065.jpg

CFDBA176-9397-49D3-BFBB-D19038ECF157.jpg

F054A071-E60D-44B0-8A91-3CF0430C9E80.jpg

49B9F3D8-A6FB-4508-A9E0-CE242742B8F8.jpg

0787E61F-83DE-4606-807E-C2E3FBB5774E.jpg

DCA91C66-F795-481E-9E05-23CE40680E46.jpg

FB296867-905F-46BE-AAD5-B228FDBA8C08.jpg

8CBE469A-4878-4C1D-AB62-C17F062E910F.jpg

ugh!.... I'd be intent on buying everyone of those figures so that no one gets one and I can then proceed to destroy every single one of them in ever increasingly violent and creative ways :lecture
:rotfl

btw awesome name for the thread :hi5:

Thanks, mate! :duff Maybe you can post a few thousand more times here, in the DC section. :wink1:

As long as it isn't tobacco. alcohol, vulgar, sexually explicit or racist the students can wear anything else.

I always see a few students here and there wearing Deadpool, Superman, Batman or Spider-Man t-shirts or hoodies. :D

Ever since we started the comic book club at the library I see more students wearing comic related shirts. :yess:

Very cool, Snoop! :hi5: Is there ever an occasion where you can also dress casually, in superhero stuff, like your students?

Tremendous work and fantastic photos, Barry! :clap (I hope it's Barry, I'd feel awful if I got you confused with your brother. :slap :lol) I'd quote your photos but there are so many great ones! :lol

Thanks, mate! :duff Maybe you can post a few thousand more times here, in the DC section. :wink1:

Tremendous work and fantastic photos, Barry! :clap (I hope it's Barry, I'd feel awful if I got you confused with your brother. :slap :lol)

Thanks. Yeah, it's Barry. And touche on your post above, lol.

Thanks. Yeah, it's Barry. And touche on your post above, lol.

Thanks for posting! You're one of the most creative and talented people here, it's a blast to see your work. You plan on getting anything and everything from BvS, Suicide Squad, etc., right?

Thanks for posting! You're one of the most creative and talented people here, it's a blast to see your work. You plan on getting anything and everything from BvS, Suicide Squad, etc., right?

I'd expect to want Batman and Superman both.
I have my fingers crossed for other members of the JLA. But hopefully just both versions of Batman and one version of Superman.

I'd expect to want Batman and Superman both.
I have my fingers crossed for other members of the JLA. But hopefully just both versions of Batman and one version of Superman.

What do you think of BatFleck? I don't think I even know your favorite iteration of the character, actually. :lol

What do you think of BatFleck? I don't think I even know your favorite iteration of the character, actually. :lol

To be fair, i don't think the ideal of Batman has been done outside of cartoons or the Comics.
My fave version of Batman in recent years was the Beware The Batman cartoon. It's his early days, Alfred is a kick-ass ex-SAS guy. Batman makes mistakes, but learns from them. And he has a great look.
I loved the Nolan movies and(In direct contrast to EVERYONE else), far preferred The Dark Knight Rises over The Dark Knight(Which i always find to be a bit boring).
I enjoyed the redemption of the character in TDKR, and the mirrors of The Dark Knight Returns. Batman back after a self imposed exile of many years, out of practice, the city has gone to hell and needs him back. He gets seriously wounded and dies(But that turns out to be a fake out). So many similarities.
If i'm honest, the Ledger Joker bores me. It's the reason i have Bane and Selina Kyle in my collection, but no Joker.

As for Ben Affleck as Batman, i am sure he will be fine.
It's all good. And the suits we have seen look great.

To be fair, i don't think the ideal of Batman has been done outside of cartoons or the Comics.
My fave version of Batman in recent years was the Beware The Batman cartoon. It's his early days, Alfred is a kick-ass ex-SAS guy. Batman makes mistakes, but learns from them. And he has a great look.
I loved the Nolan movies and(In direct contrast to EVERYONE else), far preferred The Dark Knight Rises over The Dark Knight(Which i always find to be a bit boring).
I enjoyed the redemption of the character in TDKR, and the mirrors of The Dark Knight Returns. Batman back after a self imposed exile of many years, out of practice, the city has gone to hell and needs him back. He gets seriously wounded and dies(But that turns out to be a fake out). So many similarities.
If i'm honest, the Ledger Joker bores me. It's the reason i have Bane and Selina Kyle in my collection, but no Joker.

As for Ben Affleck as Batman, i am sure he will be fine.
It's all good. And the suits we have seen look great.

Yeah, Rises isn't nearly as bad as some people, cough, DiFabio, cough :monkey3, think it is. What did you think of the Burton films? And BTAS?

Yeah, Rises isn't nearly as bad as some people, cough, DiFabio, cough :monkey3, think it is. What did you think of the Burton films? And BTAS?
The animated series is good.
And I loved the Burton movies when they came out. Now, I can't watch them. I listened recently to all the Kev Smith podcast commentaries for the "Burton era" Batman movies and it solidified for me that they aren't that great.

The animated series is good.
And I loved the Burton movies when they came out. Now, I can't watch them. I listened recently to all the Kev Smith podcast commentaries for the "Burton era" Batman movies and it solidified for me that they aren't that great.

Fair enough. :duff

Back