The i like the new predator designs from Predators thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't favor design by execution, so this could be the greatest movie ever and I'd still not care for the new face design on Mr Black. Buying products however, that's a combination of liking the design and the execution of the character. I liked Wolf's design but I wasn't sold on wanting figures until seeing the movie and his behavior.

I don't want to start a new thread as 2 is enough to manage already for this movie, but I'd be curious to see how many people against the new designs are against them because they're new or because they just don't like them.

For me, it's not a matter of being bothered they came up with something new, it's just that I don't like what they came up with, but maybe there are some who just feel like all Predators should adhere to a templated look.

For me, its not the fact that they are new designs, they just look ugly!
They don't feel like organically real creatures, they feel like b-movie monsters. Stan Winston's original design felt like a living breathing creature both familiar and alien all at once. These look like over worked masks, at least to me. They lack the confidence and simplicity of the original.

New designs can work, take Aliens for example. Simplified Warriors and an incredible queen, but they enhanced what worked visually with the original and expanded on it, even Alien3 did the same.

These however look like they were created by someone who didin't understand why the originals worked so well. And then airbrushed to death with too much detail. They just don't feel like real organisms. IMHO. Don't shoot me!:wink1:

I think they look like predators :huh

Actually, they look pretty cool to me as far as movie monsters go, diggin what I see so far. Also think it's pretty normal for most folks to bash new designs, doesn't that happen with pretty much every new movie on pretty much every fansite? Just the nature of teh internets.

Fair enough. But wouldn't you agree that execution sometimes explains designs and make it more understandable, re the design aesthetics. This you fine the design more appealing?

Atleast I do.

Fair enough. But wouldn't you agree that execution sometimes explains designs and make it more understandable, re the design aesthetics. This you fine the design more appealing?

Atleast I do.

Not really, no matter what the rationalization for Mr Black's design or the execution of it, I will still find it ugly. I don't find the P1 Predator design cool because of an explanation, I just look at it and like what I see.

Looking at Mr Black, I feel like rory, that it looks like a creature out of some cheap film with no budget to produce a believable looking monster, it looks laughable to me and whatever the reason for that design, I still won't like it when I see it.

I don't want to start a new thread as 2 is enough to manage already for this movie, but I'd be curious to see how many people against the new designs are against them because they're new or because they just don't like them.

For me, it's not a matter of being bothered they came up with something new, it's just that I don't like what they came up with, but maybe there are some who just feel like all Predators should adhere to a templated look.

I dont know who started with that "I dont like it because its new" talk, but I think most of us, including me, just dont appreaciate the new look. It looks like cheap rubber, the shape is awkward (maybe because Im used to the crown, but doesnt matter, I dont like what Im seeing) and the colors are too gay.
Ofcourse, its a new breed, I understand the new looks. But its not as cool looking as the old breed ! :nana:

These look like over worked masks, at least to me.

At first sight I though the same thing about Mr. Black's mask, because of the attached jawbone. But Im getting used to it now. Its up to taste again I guess.
But I really like the Falconer mask. I think thats not an overkill, and it looks good.

I dont know who started with that "I dont like it because its new" talk

Could just be misunderstanding, I haven't seen any comments against it because it's a different design, but a lot of the people that are liking it keep commenting how it's a new breed or telling people to get over that it's a change from the original designs, but that argument wouldn't have much point if people against the new look aren't against it for that reason, which I don't think they are.

Seems like most people are open to new designs, and if this had turned out better in their eyes, they'd probably be happier. Seems like the discontent towards the new look is towards the execution, not the concept.

:confused:

Pics are out of the new design. So yeah.. people CAN comment on that. Which is what's happening.

read the rest of a post before you quote something. i described and noted the leaked pics of the "predators" movie. but the final cut of the movie is allways different form the leaked pics. IE - the wolf predator leaked pics, if your into finding out early production images in movies. im shure dead hookers look good from a certain angle to! :panic:

Seems like most people are open to new designs, and if this had turned out better in their eyes, they'd probably be happier. Seems like the discontent towards the new look is towards the execution, not the concept.

I think people have been trying to find a way to convey that fealing youve described for ages, about alot of things, and you pulled it off perfectly! CONGRATS! that quote alone has evolved the human race by one evolution point! (my sincearity sounds sarcastic, but i do mean it... good line.:clap)

falconer.png

Man this looks sweet.

If the new designs have a correlation between the ugliness of the new pred/bio mask design and the Predator's chance of actually winning in a Predator movie, then I expect these new Predators to finally win the battle. I'm probably hoping for too much.

Wrap your head around that math.

If the new designs have a correlation between the ugliness of the new pred/bio mask design and the Predator's chance of actually winning in a Predator movie, then I expect these new Predators to finally win the battle. I'm probably hoping for too much.

Wrap your head around that math.

Without any spoilers or even ANY info on the movie I could tell you with 100% certainty: Predators never survive. They always die. Even the good ones that help out humans (Scar). :lol

Dog handler looks pretty beast as well though

That's actually my least-fave. I like the tusk concept, as there have been plenty of ideas for Pred bios using them, but the overall helmet seems simple... Or rather, it looks like they didn't decide on how to make it look, so it comes off as unfinished. Just my opinion, of course.

Back