The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figures are 2 for 10.99 coming this next week at TRU. Not bad if you missed any of the new ones that are shipping there now. I ended up buying a bunch so I could just return and trade them for the newer waves which I ended up doing this week.

Got my McCullen/Destro yesterday, here are a few pics, also starring my modified Cobra Commander...

joe1.jpg

joe2.jpg

joe3.jpg

joe4.jpg

joe5.jpg

Got my McCullen/Destro yesterday, here are a few pics, also starring my modified Cobra Commander...

LUCKY! :D

That Destro looks 100 times better than
the mass market one. I asked for one for
my B-day (along with a 12" Baroness), so
hopefully, I'll add one to my 'Joe movie
figures soon, too. ;)

The tubes look great on Cobra Commander.
Have you guys noticed that the latest
waves of CC have the holes filled in?
I haven't gotten one, so I can't verify if the
hole on the back of his head is plugged
up as well.

LUCKY! :D

That Destro looks 100 times better than
the mass market one. I asked for one for
my B-day (along with a 12" Baroness), so
hopefully, I'll add one to my 'Joe movie
figures soon, too. ;)

The tubes look great on Cobra Commander.
Have you guys noticed that the latest
waves of CC have the holes filled in?
I haven't gotten one, so I can't verify if the
hole on the back of his head is plugged
up as well.

I agree, I'm just glad I was clued into his existence in this thread. The head being chromed looks a million times better. The retail Destro looks too "Resolute". I am a big fan of Christopher Eccleston, I really enjoyed his performance in the movie. I have a CC with holes and without- I noticed the change. If you do a google image search, you can find a picture of the carded CC where he has the tubes, that's what led me to do this. Now that you mention it, I do see where there used to be holes in the back of the head, and that makes me think about ditching the backpack, redrilling those head holes, and running the tubes there. I think I'm going to repaint my corrected CC. (the head holes must have been filled at retail the whole time, wonder why they left the chest ones open?)
Oh, the packaging SDCC Destro comes in is downright beautiful, and very well made.

Now that you mention it, I do see where there used to be holes in the back of the head, and that makes me think about ditching the backpack, redrilling those head holes, and running the tubes there. I think I'm going to repaint my corrected CC. (the head holes must have been filled at retail the whole time, wonder why they left the chest ones open?)

Hey, Driz! :D
You mean your Cobra Commander has filled in
holes on the back of his head? Mine still has
the holes (photo below), so apparently,
there's a couple different versions of CC
out there. When I first found CC, I was
happy and sad at the same time, because
I thought I found a package variant where
they forgot to add the tubes and kept looking
for the tubes version to no avail.
After watching the movie, my friend said,
"At least now you know why the figure didn't
have those tubes you were talking about:
he doesn't have them in the movie." ;)

Whoa now! I got my Commander pretty early, but yeah, even though the chest holes were open, the head holes are not! Guess they kept running changes going, I had no idea some had open head holes! Wonder what the whole story of this is? Maybe concept drawings of the Commander had hoses?
Too weird. Wish I could actually find a carded one with hoses. (I doubt they exist)

Hey, Driz! :D
You mean your Cobra Commander has filled in
holes on the back of his head? Mine still has
the holes (photo below), so apparently,
there's a couple different versions of CC
out there. When I first found CC, I was
happy and sad at the same time, because
I thought I found a package variant where
they forgot to add the tubes and kept looking
for the tubes version to no avail.
After watching the movie, my friend said,
"At least now you know why the figure didn't
have those tubes you were talking about:
he doesn't have them in the movie." ;)

Pursuit of Cobra>Rise of Cobra

The Jungle Viper is the coolest looking figure Hasbro has shown in several years PERIOD.

The line also contains some great repaints of 25th Anni figures. The Pit Commando, Para Viper and Night Creeper are pure win... I just wish it were going to be easier to get that grey/black Alley Viper that comes with the RAGE.

Pursuit of Cobra>Rise of Cobra

The Jungle Viper is the coolest looking figure Hasbro has shown in several years PERIOD.

The line also contains some great repaints of 25th Anni figures. The Pit Commando, Para Viper and Night Creeper are pure win... I just wish it were going to be easier to get that grey/black Alley Viper that comes with the RAGE.

Yeah, I agree with you on all the above.

There was a slight "WTF" moment when Hasbro showed the Jungle Viper at the Joe Con, until they explained that the "wings" were a sort of intelligent ghillie suit. Then I was sold instantly.

I'd love to see the Pit Commando in desert and/or woodland colours, eventually.

My favorite item that they showed at the con was the new HISS tank. The elevation aspect of the cockpit looks really cool and the treads actually move. It's going to be great.

Awesome repaint, saintsyn! :clap

Yeah, I like the new Cobra Commander figure, too.
I wish he was as good as the Duke and Ripcord as
far as sculpts go, but I'm content. When I saw the
movie, after The Doctor removed his wig and mask,
I thought, "Hey, that doesn't look like the figure..." :confused:
After seeing that it was a reuse of parts from the
Action Man line, I understand, but I wish we could
get a screen accurate version. :whip

I finally found Rex, took me forever. Also found a new assortment of 12 inchers, the Destro's chromed head is actually a very good sculpt! Reworking it for a Truetype now.

I saw him last week, looks pretty nice but he would of ended up in storage like the other joe figures that I bought from the movie.

Back