The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea Doc's hair would come off! Too fun! It's these extra little touches that I really like.

Really? You didn't know that his hair comes off?
Well, you're in for a surprise! I took another photo
of The Doc just for you, Handba...I mean, Drizzle. ;)

I decided to swap some parts of the Doctor and Cobra Commander to see how it would look. I figured what Cobra Commander is wearing is technically what the Doctor was wearing before he unbuttoned his coat.

dsc01262i.jpg

I think the Doctor actually looks better with the suit pants and shoes instead of the boots.
dsc01263biv.jpg

But nothing can help Cobra Commander look better :lol

I decided to swap some parts of the Doctor and Cobra Commander to see how it would look. I figured what Cobra Commander is wearing is technically what the Doctor was wearing before he unbuttoned his coat.

dsc01262i.jpg

I think the Doctor actually looks better with the suit pants and shoes instead of the boots.
dsc01263biv.jpg

But nothing can help Cobra Commander look better :lol

hammer-1.jpg

Quoted for truth.

I went to TRU yesterday, and they had loads of ROC figures there with the 2 for $10 sale. I haven't bought any ROC figures yet, and thought that would be a chance to get a couple. So, I looked around. . .then looked some more. Ultimately, there wasn't a single figure that I was interested in. I considered the "Resolute"-like Shipwreck and Firefly, but even those were too dull-looking, IMO. If not for the weird, bland camo, I might have picked up Shipwreck.

Its better than giving them $8 at the box office. The toy line doing well insures the GI Joe line will continue, not how well it does at the box office. Hasbro is banking on the toys selling well. If they don't, they've basically said Joes will be canceled for a while. I think I made a good choice.

But there's those who've done both. :huh :lol

But there's those who've done both. :huh :lol

Yeah there are. And there are some here that have only gone to the movie, which is a sin. Purchasing the toys supports the line as a whole. Going to the movie, supports the movie. But at least Distric 9 took the box office this week. I hope the film does just well enough for a better sequel to be made.

Yeah there are. And there are some here that have only gone to the movie, which is a sin. Purchasing the toys supports the line as a whole. Going to the movie, supports the movie. But at least Distric 9 took the box office this week. I hope the film does just well enough for a better sequel to be made.

Unfortunately, it's already been confirmed and ALL the actors were signed to a multi-picture deal. :duh:duh:duh

I have more faith in seeing peace in the middle east than I do seeing a better Joe sequel. But hey, don't we all want to see Flint as a Aussie? :rolleyes:

I have bought some of the 3 3/4 figures for ROC, because I can appreciate a good toy.

I won't see the movie, I won't even give it a chance, because it doesn't resemble the Joes I know in the slightest. Not in a surface way (the movie is ALL surface, IMO), because of course Snake Eyes wears a mask and Scarlett has red hair. I'd want to see Joes being more military, but not like some cyborg sci fantasy Michael Bay wet dream. I want the crack team of soldiers, regular people with depth to their personalities to work together to thwart the fascist terrorists in Cobra, and other threats. This movie is candy.

That said, some of the toys rock. I don't care for their ninjas, I've got plenty. Their military figures are really cool, though, with some great head sculpts. The Baroness is the best version of her since the first, and a rocking female figure foremost. They corrected a lot of posing issues that the 25th line had had with these figures, too. Some I'll use for customization, some will replace lesser versions of their characters, like the Baroness.

I don't need a Hummer with a Cobra sticker on it. I'd rather trick out one of the discount vehicles that cost $10 and come loaded with equipment and accessories than some of the movie vehicles Hasbro has come up with. They don't hold a candle to the brilliant 80s toys.

I have bought some of the 3 3/4 figures for ROC, because I can appreciate a good toy.

I won't see the movie, I won't even give it a chance, because it doesn't resemble the Joes I know in the slightest. Not in a surface way (the movie is ALL surface, IMO), because of course Snake Eyes wears a mask and Scarlett has red hair. I'd want to see Joes being more military, but not like some cyborg sci fantasy Michael Bay wet dream. I want the crack team of soldiers, regular people with depth to their personalities to work together to thwart the fascist terrorists in Cobra, and other threats. This movie is candy.

That said, some of the toys rock. I don't care for their ninjas, I've got plenty. Their military figures are really cool, though, with some great head sculpts. The Baroness is the best version of her since the first, and a rocking female figure foremost. They corrected a lot of posing issues that the 25th line had had with these figures, too. Some I'll use for customization, some will replace lesser versions of their characters, like the Baroness.

I don't need a Hummer with a Cobra sticker on it. I'd rather trick out one of the discount vehicles that cost $10 and come loaded with equipment and accessories than some of the movie vehicles Hasbro has come up with. They don't hold a candle to the brilliant 80s toys.

:lecture Right on Ed.

I picked up a few more of these today. General Hawk has one of the best sculpts I have even seen in this scale. I can completely see Dennis Quaid. Paris Pursuit Sanke Eyes is just pure plastic awesomeness, as well. Even if he's not film accurate he just looks so damn cool. He possible one of my absolute favorite figures in this scale from any toy line.

BTW, anybody got any Rexs warming the pegs where they are and would be willing to pick one up for a fellow freak?

Last edited:
Buy the ROC toys if you want to support the line and encourage Hasbro to produce more ROC figures. But their claim that ROC must sell in order for them to go back to classic RAH is bunk. They're a business. If A profits the company and then B doesn't they will go back to A.

Last edited:
Back