The Hunger Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if twitter became a haven for retarded people, or this is just the way people are now, but, this is not the first time I am surprised at how stupid people can be, this is like the 4th time that twitter shows just how stupid people are right now..
Whitney Houston Died, Even if you were not a fan, You must have an idea who she is, I mean, people were posting pics of Oprah and saying rip Whitney, I mean... and then there were like a lot of tweets of people that had Zero idea of who Paul McCartney is, I mean, Even if you Don't know, How long can a Google Search take? 10 seconds? I mean seriously,

the more people have access to information the dumber and stupid they get, this is a really annoying trend, people online not knowing anything...
is like when SOPA was about to pass, there were so many posts about people thinking that it was meant to be Soap day, a day to celebrate soap or some stupid crap
or when people were talking about MLK day, a lot of idiots were asking on tweeter if it was Milk day, Milk...:slap :pow:pow
... sometimes I think its people joking, but, sometimes like in the case with this girl, is not

The Oprah stuff was hilarious, and done for comedy.

is like the Kony one, where smeone post a pic Carl Weathers and people on facebook were being trolled, the pic was posted as a joke yeah, but some of those answers were pretty stupid

Every single movie is racist.

If a movie doesn't have a person that isn't white, it's racist. If that person dies, it's racist. If the film contains Mel Gibson. It's racist. :lol

Pretty cool movie.

This was my first experience with Hunger Games. I entered the theater without doing any research.

There was something about the selection process that I didn't get. Was there any reason given to why such young participants could get selected?

This was the 74th games, right? I don't get why only one district sent in ringers.

Pretty cool movie.

This was my first experience with Hunger Games. I entered the theater without doing any research.

There was something about the selection process that I didn't get. Was there any reason given to why such young participants could get selected?

This was the 74th games, right? I don't get why only one district sent in ringers.

Read the books. :lecture

Pretty cool movie.

Young participants make for a more interesting - and oppressive - games. Remember, this is the Capital reminding everyone that the last time someone revolted, they kicked their ass and now this is the result. Don't do it again.

And yet - there's hope. Just enough to keep them from revolting again...or that's the belief of Snow. The games give them a chance, albeit a mighty small one.

As to the ringers, first, you aren't supposed to be training them, it's against the rules. Of course, that doesn't apply to District 1, but also 2 and 3 (as I remember...or was it district 5?) train their kids. It also has to do with the wealth of the districts - someplace like 11, where it's a mining district, is very, very poor, and the kids have to work very young just to feed the families. No time to train them all for the Games.

Young participants make for a more interesting - and oppressive - games. Remember, this is the Capital reminding everyone that the last time someone revolted, they kicked their ass and now this is the result. Don't do it again.

And yet - there's hope. Just enough to keep them from revolting again...or that's the belief of Snow. The games give them a chance, albeit a mighty small one.

As to the ringers, first, you aren't supposed to be training them, it's against the rules. Of course, that doesn't apply to District 1, but also 2 and 3 (as I remember...or was it district 5?) train their kids. It also has to do with the wealth of the districts - someplace like 11, where it's a mining district, is very, very poor, and the kids have to work very young just to feed the families. No time to train them all for the Games.

That helps. Thanks Michael.

Finally watched the movie after I read all three books this past week. Movie was good. Held true to the book. I enjoyed the behind the scenes look at what was going on with the Gamekeepers. Other then that, it wasn't anything special. I still didn't like the character of Katniss, which I hoped would change after watching the movie. But oh well, guess they did too good of a job of staying true to the book.:lol

No. The movies have to work without any knowledge to the books. Other wise it fails.

They can't exist together, they have to co-exist. Unless it's a spin off.

What are you blabbering about? I simply replied because I feel anyone that enjoyed the movie would like the book. Get over it young Uwe Boll.

Last edited:
Back