The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First picture doesn't look that great. Can't wait for some pics from the SS boot over at SDCC. Bring on Indy!

Re: Godfather confirmed

And I have still never seen Godfather... guess its time to move it up in the Netflix que. :D

Uhhh, yea. :D

Godfather II is also a classic. Part III ? Well, we won't go there.

Wow...I'm actually surprised some of you like that...the paint apps on that face sculpt look really really bad and that really doesn't touch that well on Brando at all.

I get the feeling that both McFarlane and Sideshow only have Brando's likeness. So far there's no evidence to suggest any more characters are being made by either company.

I hope that's not the case. I'll buy the PF Vito but my ideal presentation would be a wide range of characters in the 12" scale but the likeness rights are gonna be a ***** with this line.

Luckily most of the necessary people were willing to play ball on the video game and the one major holdout (Pacino) was due to a competing game (Scarface) having exclusive likeness rights instead of some other kind of opposition.

The "give us Godfather" thread was closed because they gave us The Godfather. The other 2 Godfather threads were consolidated because they were talking about the same thing.

Shot at 2007-07-22

Here's a quick comparison I did. Hopefully we'll get some better pics from SDCC. Obviously the expression is a little different, but I didn't feel like scouring the whole movie.

Judging from the one pic we have, I think the head sculpt is actually very close and that they got most of the features right. The most glaring issue to me is the hairline around the ear. I think that if they pushed it back some above the ear, it'll make his face and jaw appear to be a little wider, which would be my other major issue with the sculpt. Also I think the ridge of the noise needs to be flatter and the wings a little wider, and his ears seem a little large. But other than those things and the paint app, I think the sculpt is fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it.

In fact, I think Sideshow's sculpt is a better likeness of the Don than Kojun's. *ducks*

Kojun's Sculpt is off IMO too...

The old Medicom or HT Godfather fig was much better.

Last edited:
This is just not a good looking piece. It's a combination of disastrous paint and some slight headsculpt imperfections. I can't believe they didn't have this perfect. At least for the prototype.

It's sad when you have to think about how you'd remove or mask the clothing for a repaint on a PF figure. And repainting used to be an effort to reach prototype standards. Now it's "Can we pull out the sculpt that's hidden under that goop?"

It's sad when you have to think about how you'd remove or mask the clothing for a repaint on a PF figure. And repainting used to be an effort to reach prototype standards. Now it's "Can we pull out the sculpt that's hidden under that goop?"

I agree.

The sculpt looks fine. Perfect? No, but it looks good IMO.

Unfortunately, the lousy paint job makes this PF look worse than it really is.

that's the "Goodfather" fig. i know the seller states something about it being based of of Kojun's work but i don't really think it is. at least no more than it resembling Brando. it's certainly not up to Kojun's standards.

that's the "Goodfather" fig. i know the seller states something about it being based of of Kojun's work but i don't really think it is. at least no more than it resembling Brando. it's certainly not up to Kojun's standards.

based=recast ?

based=recast ?

not even a recast i don't think. the sculpt is quite different than Kojuns. i believe they were made to ride the popularity of Kojun's. these Goodfathers were being sold all over the place about a year ago for around $100-150. Kojun's original was selling VERY rarely and the lowest i ever saw his go for was about $600.

Back