The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not even a recast i don't think. the sculpt is quite different than Kojuns. i believe they were made to ride the popularity of Kojun's. these Goodfathers were being sold all over the place about a year ago for around $100-150. Kojun's original was selling VERY rarely and the lowest i ever saw his go for was about $600.

Thank you for the info Mookley ;-)

I fear some bidders will think this is a Kojun and will be disappointed...

Well, this is a dream come true for me. I'm definately gettin it no matter what. I wonder what the exclsuive will be? No room for the cat. Maybe a bag of apples? The bug duster from the garden.

Luca.:lol

I think the exclusive will be the rose he holds. I wish it was the cat, that would of been great. But, I agree I don't really see where they could put it.

I'm definitely getting one thou. I think it looks very good.

I'm just curious to see which 12" figures they will release, hopefully a Michael Corleone, Old Vito, Young Vito, Sonny & Tom Hagen. That would be perect for me!

Honestly can't wait!!!

Hmm...the press release is kind of confusing. Sounds like Don Vito is the only character they have the license to? I can't complain about getting the eventual 1/6 figure, but I would really like the brothers and Hagan as well.

"Sideshow is proud to add The Godfather collection of 12-inch Figures, Premium Format Figures, and Life-size Busts depicting Don Vito Corleone to its growing range of iconic film characters. Sideshow will debut the Premium Format Figure at San Diego Comic-Con and will be available for pre-order at an expected retail price of $249.99."

Hmm...the press release is kind of confusing. Sounds like Don Vito is the only character they have the license to? I can't complain about getting the eventual 1/6 figure, but I would really like the brothers and Hagan as well.

"Sideshow is proud to add The Godfather collection of 12-inch Figures, Premium Format Figures, and Life-size Busts depicting Don Vito Corleone to its growing range of iconic film characters. Sideshow will debut the Premium Format Figure at San Diego Comic-Con and will be available for pre-order at an expected retail price of $249.99."
You're right, it does sound like they only have Vito, hopefully at least both young and old versions but there's quite a few others I would also like to have in 1:6.
But At least they have the license which could lead to others sometime down the road!
I can't wait to see the what they have to offer!

'Lovin it!

godfathertg9.jpg

Yeah the 2 Vitos are Kojun, I assume the rest are also. That's a beautiful but pricey and rare display.

Good, but the CM Godfather just blew this out of the water IMO.

Unfortunately yeah. The SS one will just be the inferior collectible. Still, I mean Im comparing this to a statue thats is like 8 times the price and much larger. So this is the Godfather collectible for me.
I still wish he was in his chair like the CM though.

Unfortunately yeah. The SS one will just be the inferior collectible. Still, I mean Im comparing this to a statue thats is like 8 times the price and much larger. So this is the Godfather collectible for me.
I still wish he was in his chair like the CM though.

I agree.....cost is definitely a factor, but now I can't see myself buying the SS one after seeing this. Luckily, everyone buying this will have plenty of time to save.

I still think those are awful! :lol

Have you seen Cinemaquette's Godfather? Now that's a real statue! :D

I pre-ordered the Godfather P.F. from Adam (DarkShadow) tonight.

Thanks SS, I always wanted the Don in P.F.

:D

I ordered directly from SSC and thinking about cancelling for a couple of reasons:

a) people are talking about a potential exclusive version,
b) More expensive to order directly from SSV vs. 3rd party vendor and/or Ebay.

does this sound like good reasoning? I do want this figure, but if I can get it for less or if an exclusive is pending, I can wait.

Back