The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I NEVER order from SS unless theres an Exclusive I want, otherwise I go right to the dealers.
Exclusvie version you say? I must admit I thought it was strange this didnt come with one, as there was speculation of an excl being of him holding a red rose as in the film(same pose and hand gesture) but it went up just a regular version, which is fine by me.
I doubt there'd be an Excl now, they go up before the regular editions. Where'd you hear that news?

Oh I NEVER order from SS unless theres an Exclusive I want, otherwise I go right to the dealers.
Exclusvie version you say? I must admit I thought it was strange this didnt come with one, as there was speculation of an excl being of him holding a red rose as in the film(same pose and hand gesture) but it went up just a regular version, which is fine by me.
I doubt there'd be an Excl now, they go up before the regular editions. Where'd you hear that news?

I thought I read so somewhere near the beginning of this thread, but maybe that was just speculation; not my intention to start any rumors. I found this thread after I saw the release, so I thought it sounded wierd when someone said "I wonder what the exclusive version will have".

But thanks, I will cancel and get from a dealer. It's about $30 cheaper, and I can use the cash. Same went for Thor, ordered one through a dealer, but still have to cancel the SSC order. I'm just hesitant in case the third party dealer cant fulfill for any reason.

I plan to find a scale rose for him to hold. He needs it IMO so I will play the "Create your own exclusive" game :D

Saw this on ebay:

godfather%20al_01.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-The-Godfather-3-III-12-figure-Al-Pacino-Sofa_W0QQitemZ250157635591QQihZ015QQcategoryZ197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any new updates on the Godfather p.f. ?

SS site says January 2008. Has anyone got any 30 day notices for it?

I was wondering that too. I havent got one either:confused:
Although I'm not sure I can afford this one yet so I may have to cancel:monkey2

Also, Did anyone else see that feature where they were showing the construction of a PF figure and a Godfather was used (and smashed to bits)? Because when watching that vid, in the painting process they had several roses being painted for Corleone to being holding.
I always thought the PF would be holding a rose but nothing ever surfaced...

For years now I've been hoping that sideshow would start off some kind of a 30's ganster series, which wasn't unthinkable given their unusual/unique taste for licenses in the past. Obviously The Godfather would have been even better. So I have my hopes very very high for this license, but I doubt I'll end up very satisfied.
Seems this franchise is challenging both on likeness and tailoring, the sculpt of PF Vito hasn't convinced me and even the figures Master Kojun made fall short of doing honour to the characters. Luckily he has the exquisit ha-rue tailors to make the figures stand out. They must be some hard mugs to capture; else I wonder why it is that to date not a single Al Pacino sculpt has charmed me, and only CM Brando seems to convince. That is, up untill Hot Toys' Jor El showed up. It kind of makes me sorry that Sideshow was the one picking up the license since I doubt that HT will get a shot at it now.
It'll be a hard nut to crack but I promise to give SSC a fair chance. Just don't let the factory painters ruin it, I beg of you. It really means a big deal.

It seems like the license only includes Brando.

That's all that anyone is doing so far.

McFarlane, Sideshow and Cinemaquette are all offering Brando and nothing more.

Now, I could understand Sideshow and Cinemaquette spreading their releases out but the idea of McFarlane only doing a single figure from what would be a very rich multi-figure line pretty much seals it for me

It seems like the license only includes Brando.

That's all that anyone is doing so far.

McFarlane, Sideshow and Cinemaquette are all offering Brando and nothing more.

Now, I could understand Sideshow and Cinemaquette spreading their releases out but the idea of McFarlane only doing a single figure from what would be a very rich multi-figure line pretty much seals it for me

Sideshow said in one of it's Ask Sideshow segments I believe, that they only have the rights to make Godfather products depicting Brando. No other characters are possible yet.

Sideshow said in one of it's Ask Sideshow segments I believe, that they only have the rights to make Godfather products depicting Brando. No other characters are possible yet.

Yeah, it's a shame but it was pretty obvious that was the case when all three companies simultaneously announced their Brando figures and nothing else.

Pacino licensed his likeness for "Scarface" stuff and pretty much everyone else was down with appearing in the video game, though admittedly they're obviously two different mediums and there's no guarantee that participation in one would equal participation in another. Also, if you wanna use the video game as a precedent then you have to address the possibility that Pacino's likeness agreement for the "Scarface" stuff would prevent him from lending his likeness to a Michael Corleone figure.

I can easily see it being a situation though where the Brando likeness is included as part of the "Godfather" license but an ambitious company might be able to go out and make the other deals necessary to do other characters, but that would cost a lot of time, effort and money.

Back