The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just think how bad Batgirl must have been for them to pull it.
At least from the looks of it, Keaton would have actually looked like he was pulled from the 89 world. The man felt completely voided of that in this film.

354608854_1019185539488428_5182837588308568667_n-1024x768.jpg

It is kind of crazy how ****** of a hand he was dealt but that seems to be par the course with everyone casted in the DCEU so far. My understanding is that Keaton was also gonna be used for a Batman Beyond movie that has since been scrapped. He's been dragged through the mud these past few years. :lol

gn1JB8X.png
NjG9HCw.png

Well, no sympathy for Keaton. For years he hated his Batman curse, he even did Bird Man because it resonated with that issue. But then what -- he came back. Like they all do.

You fans have to realize that your childhood hero actor has absolutely no interest in the character; it is solely and simply a big payday for someone who is reaching the limits of big paydays.

Well, no sympathy for Keaton. For years he hated his Batman curse, he even did Bird Man because it resonated with that issue. But then what -- he came back. Like they all do.

You fans have to realize that your childhood hero actor has absolutely no interest in the character; it is solely and simply a big payday for someone who is reaching the limits of big paydays.

That’s why I get a kick out of him saying he turned down Batman Forever in 95’ “because the script sucked” but he returned for . . . The Flash??

Batman Forever is a much better film (and script). Had Keaton not dropped out, Robin Williams would have been the Riddler and Rene Russo, Kidman’s character and who knows what else.

Keaton never “hated” it. He started turning down offers left and right because he lost interest and said “I made more than enough money” and retreated to Montana. He even said his character in Birdman was a character he “resonated LEAST with” and he “played a serial killer, so that says something”.

If anything, he said his grandson was most interested in seeing him as Batman again and basically has been sending him pictures throughout filming.

Keaton never “hated” it. He started turning down offers left and right because he lost interest and said “I made more than enough money” and retreated to Montana. He even said his character in Birdman was a character he “resonated LEAST with” and he “played a serial killer, so that says something”.
Wow, I sure don't remember it that way.

That’s why I get a kick out of him saying he turned down Batman Forever in 95’ “because the script sucked” but he returned for . . . The Flash??

Batman Forever is a much better film (and script). Had Keaton not dropped out, Robin Williams would have been the Riddler and Rene Russo, Kidman’s character and who knows what else.
Eh I wouldn't go that far. I tried rewatching it recently and there was no real story, just Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones hamming it up and being as obnoxious as possible for 2 hours. I think Keaton totally made the right call by passing on it.

I think for a child it was fine. It wasn’t horrible. It has lots of nostalgia around it but as a grown man I can’t watch it fully. Just like with tmnt 2. As a child I love it but as a man it’s stupid and silly

Eh I wouldn't go that far. I tried rewatching it recently and there was no real story, just Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones hamming it up and being as obnoxious as possible for 2 hours. I think Keaton totally made the right call by passing on it.
The script isn't what we got though, was it? Kevin Smith recently watched the "Schumacher Cut". 35 minutes longer. 15 minutes of which is before the theatrical movie starts. Original lines rather than the corny ADR'd lines from mostly Jones and Carrey. It has Goldenthal's main theme and the rest temp scored with Elfman's score. I think it goes deeper into Bruce coping with his parent's death.

Variety is reporting that The Flash is set to make between $22-25 million in its second weekend — a drop of around 60% from its $55 million debut. The film has a budget of at least $200 million, so it'll be an upward battle for DC and Warner Bros. to make a huge profit on the

spit-take.gif

Variety is reporting that The Flash is set to make between $22-25 million in its second weekend — a drop of around 60% from its $55 million debut. The film has a budget of at least $200 million, so it'll be an upward battle for DC and Warner Bros. to make a huge profit on the

spit-take.gif
James Gunn will be setting up a GoFundMe page for his new universe.

You couldn't be closer to the truth. I was speaking with a friend about a week ago and she is trying to get a film up (won't mention who is is, but she has a lot of runs on the board), and she's worked with, and or, knows all the biggest Aussie female actors, and rang all of them (Cate Blanchett, Rose Byrne, Toni Collete, etc) and basically all they're interested in now is the big studio paycheck and not the small indie character films anymore as they (generally) have no good platform anymore.
They know most stuff being made now is utter ****, so they just go with the path of least resistance now.
I was disturbed, but unsurprised at the same time. It's sad.

At least from the looks of it, Keaton would have actually looked like he was pulled from the 89 world. The man felt completely voided of that in this film.

354608854_1019185539488428_5182837588308568667_n-1024x768.jpg

It is kind of crazy how ****** of a hand he was dealt but that seems to be par the course with everyone casted in the DCEU so far. My understanding is that Keaton was also gonna be used for a Batman Beyond movie that has since been scrapped. He's been dragged through the mud these past few years. :lol
I enjoyed Flash but man Keaton looks so much better in these shots. And actually looks like the Batman I remember and was hoping to see again.

Muschietti really just had no clue how to light him properly.

Back