The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WB:

“Greatest Superhero Movie Ever!”

Then proceeds to release Playstation 4 era graphics.

Make that Playstation 3 lol
I know some people like to say "that's hyperbole"...

...But...
sin_txtulo_x24x.jpg_2023465171.jpg

silent-hill3-old-man-gif.gif

(this is PS2 era...)

Had WB not grossly interrupted Snyder we would be getting JL2 right now and Affleck’s Batman movie and allowing his vision to end in a cohesive package and then WB could start fresh with The Batman and Joker and whatever else direction they desired.

But nope they instead went and stitched this 250 million frankenstein monster together consisting of:

Snyder-Emmerich-Hamada-DeLuca-Muschietti-Burton-Shumacher-Gunn-Safran.

End Result:

55 million opening!

MOS opening: 130
BvS opening: 167

Sigh

Yes i’m aware that some are claiming this movie bombed because it still had Snyder characters in it.

I don’t subscribe to that sorry.

Just give me a Sam Hargrave directed Punisher movie and i’ll shut the hell up about Snyder, deal lol

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

This isn't actually true though. Unless you take his joke Tweets from 20 years ago literally (which is not recommended)

Also I know the graphics were bad but 'PS2 quality' is a little unfair 🤔

Edit: just realised I posted MGS1 instead of 2!

View attachment 645682
You must be seriously naive

You don’t write 20,000 joke tweets about something unless you are obsessed with that thing

And you don’t also go to pedo themed parties either

No one takes a joke that far - your radar for perverts seems to be way off guy

You must be seriously naive

You don’t write 20,000 joke tweets about something unless you are obsessed with that thing

And you don’t also go to pedo themed parties either

No one takes a joke that far - your radar for perverts seems to be way off guy
I'll be sure to take my pervert radar to the garage for a full health check, thank you so much for the advice my friend, you've really been a great help

I didn't think this thing would make 100 million opening weekend or anything, but man did it underperform. You can't deny that the "Ezra effect" made an impact along with Gunn coming out and saying the current slate of DC movies pretty much have nothing to do with his universe. I can only assume WB pulled him in and was like dude please stop saying crap like this which lead to the best superhero movie ever remarks. Will be curious to see if Aquaman 2 underperforms as well since everyone knows that these stories with these actors isn't going anywhere.

Had WB not grossly interrupted Snyder we would be getting JL2 right now and Affleck’s Batman movie and allowing his vision to end in a cohesive package and then WB could start fresh with The Batman and Joker and whatever else direction they desired.

But nope they instead went and stitched this 250 million frankenstein monster together consisting of:

Snyder-Emmerich-Hamada-DeLuca-Muschietti-Burton-Shumacher-Gunn-Safran.

End Result:

55 million opening!

MOS opening: 130
BvS opening: 167

Sigh

Yes i’m aware that some are claiming this movie bombed because it still had Snyder characters in it.

I don’t subscribe to that sorry.

Just give me a Sam Hargrave directed Punisher movie and i’ll shut the hell up about Snyder, deal lol
I love how this has morphed into the WB being 100% at fault for the Snyderverse's downfall, and I laugh when I see people arguing that everything would have been rosy if they'd just let him deliver his vision. Well, his vision was for BvS and JL to be over 7 HOURS LONG (BvS:UE is 3 hours, 3 minutes, ZSJL 4 hours, 2 minutes). Two movies!! Sure, the WB execs were dicks but the catalyst for their actions was Zack's inability to tell his stories in a more concise fashion. They wanted/expected these movies to make Avengers type box office and that's pretty hard to do when you have 20 to 50 percent fewer screenings per day. BvSDoJ's box office was decent but disappointing; the UE might be a marginally better film but it would have had to offset the loss in screenings first and then put substantially more butts in seats to reach Avengers level BO. Very unlikely. And when his JL cut came in at a ridiculous 4 hours long I have no doubt they'd had enough, so when his daughter died and he had to justifiably step away WB made the ill-fated decision of bringing in Whedon rather than delaying the film's release. Regardless, even if they'd waited for Snyder they were NEVER going to let him deliver a 4 hour JL. The math simply doesn't work.

Yup, lots of "symbolic" imagery in his movies that doesn't actually say anything at all.

He does know how to make superheroes look really cool on screen though, I'll give him that.

I love how this has morphed into the WB being 100% at fault for the Snyderverse's downfall, and I laugh when I see people arguing that everything would have been rosy if they'd just let him deliver his vision. Well, his vision was for BvS and JL to be over 7 HOURS LONG (BvS:UE is 3 hours, 3 minutes, ZSJL 4 hours, 2 minutes). Two movies!! Sure, the WB execs were dicks but the catalyst for their actions was Zack's inability to tell his stories in a more concise fashion. They wanted/expected these movies to make Avengers type box office and that's pretty hard to do when you have 20 to 50 percent fewer screenings per day. BvSDoJ's box office was decent but disappointing; the UE might be a marginally better film but it would have had to offset the loss in screenings first and then put substantially more butts in seats to reach Avengers level BO. Very unlikely. And when his JL cut came in at a ridiculous 4 hours long I have no doubt they'd had enough, so when his daughter died and he had to justifiably step away WB made the ill-fated decision of bringing in Whedon rather than delaying the film's release. Regardless, even if they'd waited for Snyder they were NEVER going to let him deliver a 4 hour JL. The math simply doesn't work.
So a similar length to the Lord of the Rings movies then.

His cut of JL wasn't 4 hours in 2017 and was never presented as such. His director's cut at the time was 3 hours and 34 minutes. No one knows how long his intended theater cut was but he made various versions all the way down to 2 hours. There's no way his rushed 2-hour cut is not better than Whedons.

So a similar length to the Lord of the Rings movies then.

His cut of JL wasn't 4 hours in 2017 and was never presented as such. His director's cut at the time was 3 hours and 34 minutes. No one knows how long his intended theater cut was but he made various versions all the way down to 2 hours. There's no way his rushed 2-hour cut is not better than Whedons.
LOTR films aren’t really relevant as that was a different era with different metrics (& a decidedly larger level of interest from the general public).

I agree a 2 hour Snyder JL cut couldn’t get any worse than what we got from Whedon’s patchwork job, but I’m not convinced Zack could have still delivered a coherent product after cutting that much out of it. But it’s all conjecture now so no point debating it.

LOTR films aren’t really relevant as that was a different era with different metrics (& a decidedly larger level of interest from the general public).

I agree a 2 hour Snyder JL cut couldn’t get any worse than what we got from Whedon’s patchwork job, but I’m not convinced Zack could have still delivered a coherent product after cutting that much out of it. But it’s all conjecture now so no point debating it.
Before LOTR came out how did they know there was a large level of interest from the general public, if any to do a 3 hour movie?

Before LOTR came out how did they know there was a large level of interest from the general public, if any to do a 3 hour movie?
Well, the books had been loved and massively popular for decades and across a wider spectrum than even the most beloved comic book characters, so it was a pretty safe bet that people would come out to see them (& accept the longer run times) if Jackson delivered the goods on quality.

I love how this has morphed into the WB being 100% at fault for the Snyderverse's downfall, and I laugh when I see people arguing that everything would have been rosy if they'd just let him deliver his vision.
It wouldn't have been better but it might have allowed Snyder to fail on his own and stop the "restore the Snyder verse" cries from ever happening. One man's vision tried and failed. As it is, there are too many people involved and thus plenty to share the blame, as opposed to one misguided perosn.

Didn't Snyder want to make Man of Steel 2 and WB changed the plan to BvS instead? I always felt WB deserved the most blame for clearly rushing things. It probably would've been tough for any director to adapt to that and make something out of WB's rushed scripts. I always wished Nolan stayed on as producer and to oversee things for the DCEU like he did with the first Man of Steel.

Last edited:
Back