The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such ire for this film (from what I'm reading in here +box office numbers). Despite the flaws (including flawed actor), I was highly entertained by the movie. At the end of the day...that's all I ask!

I think however, those in charge of these brands (I'm including you Disney), these writers can't write worth a damn for material that should be incredibly easy to write. Maybe we should go on strike against the writers!

Andor and The Batman are the only things I've watched in the last 5 years from these franchises that stunned me with how good it was.

Such ire for this film (from what I'm reading in here +box office numbers). Despite the flaws (including flawed actor), I was highly entertained by the movie. At the end of the day...that's all I ask!

I think however, those in charge of these brands (I'm including you Disney), these writers can't write worth a damn for material that should be incredibly easy to write. Maybe we should go on strike against the writers!

Andor and The Batman are the only things I've watched in the last 5 years from these franchises that stunned me with how good it was.
I thought the writing in The Batman was poor.

James Gunn is a pedophile - nothing he says or does is worth anything
This isn't actually true though. Unless you take his joke Tweets from 20 years ago literally (which is not recommended)

Also I know the graphics were bad but 'PS2 quality' is a little unfair 🤔

Edit: just realised I posted MGS1 instead of 2!

metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty-a-maintenant-20-ans.jpg

I’m surprised more people don’t hate what they did to Keaton in this - it’s essentially what happened to Luke in TLJ - even down to
Spoiler Spoiler:

It feels like there’s a cut of the movie where he’s a complete badass, but they reshot/added scenes to turn him into a joke.

Even Affleck sucked. The
Spoiler Spoiler:
The rest of his screentime as Batman was weighed down by awful CGI. I miss BvS Affleck.

I’m surprised more people don’t hate what they did to Keaton in this - it’s essentially what happened to Luke in TLJ - even down to
Spoiler Spoiler:

It feels like there’s a cut of the movie where he’s a complete badass, but they reshot/added scenes to turn him into a joke.
All due respect but you got that 100% wrong lol

He was an absolute bad ass in this.

He took on Kryptonians for crying out loud lol

He was never the brunt of any joke and he was revered by citizens and the Flash.

Love XXX lol

If the movie does as badly as forecasts are suggesting we can forget ever seeing this figure.

Really sucks being a DC fan right now. If even Batman can't stop these movie's from bombing what hope is there for any of the other characters?

I'm a fan of Zack's trilogy but the absolute delight many Snyder fans take in this and other DC movies failing really irks. Difficult to see any future with the fanbase so divided.

Some "Snyder crazy fans" are really stupid and toxic, they are happy with the average start at the box office of the movie, even with the presence of the Flash and Batman from the "Snydverse" they just want to see the movie bombs at the box office at all price to send a message to the WB.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Even Affleck sucked. The
Spoiler Spoiler:
The rest of his screentime as Batman was weighed down by awful CGI. I miss BvS Affleck.

Bruce Wayne took the call to action and left Wayne Manor.

Luke Skywalker hid and never left the island.

One died from, over exerting his magical projection powers (I guess?), the other one died a heroes’ death TWICE on the battlefield. He was never going to beat Kryptonians, but he fought anyway.

I liked Keaton Batman’s attitude too. “**** it, I’ll fight again.” When he says to sad Flash “you did bring me back kid”, I dug that. He also said something along the lines like “there are other me’s or other futures” and accepted that in this instance, he dies. Haven’t seen that in awhile. Good death scenes, very Sparctic/Warrior/Samurai.

They could have really ruined Keaton’s Batman but they didn’t. It was nice to see him back and do things he didn’t do in the 80s. He was smart, he was tough and he looked cool. I liked his whole commentary on time travel and multiverses, he really seemed like he’s been through it all in the past 30 years. This was a seasoned Batman that saw it all. That was good enough for me. Do I feel like they squandered the opportunity of having Keaton come back? Absolutely. What was there was good though and he didn’t phone it in.

And I miss Affleck Batman too.

That’s an iteration that had a lot of potential to be something better in another visionaries hands. His Batman has the most movies to his name, but zero substance. An Affleck directed Batman was one of those things I was very excited to see. It’s too bad it never panned out. What happened wasn’t his fault.

That statement is so utterly random I'm going to put it down to a stroke.is it really that random
is it really that random as
some of the tweets that got him in strife with marvel

could certainly be interpreted by some that he has a unhealthy interest in the subject

if only in this instance for a subject of his misplaced humor :unsure:

And I miss Affleck Batman too.

That’s an iteration that had a lot of potential to be something better in another visionaries hands. His Batman has the most movies to his name, but zero substance. An Affleck directed Batman was one of those things I was very excited to see. It’s too bad it never panned out. What happened wasn’t his fault.
You must have been watching those super rare 14 minute and 29 minute edits of BvS and ZSJL.

It’s so weird, in the modern DC comics movie era I seem to love what everyone hates and hate what everyone else loves. They can’t reboot this mess fast enough. If Momoa becomes Lobo I doubt it has legs. Everyone thinks it will be great, but what in DC’s track record demonstrates that ability?

You must have been watching those super rare 14 minute and 29 minute edits of BvS and ZSJL.
Come on man. You’re gonna tire yourself out defending Snyder so much. Not even alatar defends him this much . I understand debating sometimes but little jabs like that you should just let go lol.

Back