The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Ben. His suit got totally upstaged by Keaton's and his Bruce got totally upstaged by Clooney, lol. At least he got a cool bike. :yess:
Someone needs to photoshop the Chris Evans/Affleck meme & replace Evans with Clooney lol...

And yes, the bike was great but I preferred to look at ScarJo's @ss weaving through traffic in AoU as opposed to Affleck's. :lol

Oh okay, lol. Yeah the CGI that surrounded them in the Chrono Bowl was so noticeably different that I have to assume it was a deliberate stylistic choice, however misguided it might have been. I can't think of any other explanation for why they'd use such obvious CGI for actors that were right there in the movie (his parents, etc.) Obviously it doesn't mean that the choice *worked* but at least I can see where they were coming from as opposed to them trying to make it look real and failing spectacularly, lol. For whatever reason timelines that circle the Chrono Bowl just look super cartoony until you enter one.

Poor Ben. His suit got totally upstaged by Keaton's and his Bruce got totally upstaged by Clooney, lol. At least he got a cool bike. :yess:
I hand wave the chrono cgi as it being a vibration or echo of the events taking place on those worlds.

Just goes to show that one man's treasure is another man's trash. :lol

Because I thought those were two examples of bits that were done particularly *well* due to how casually and naturally he delivered such classic lines.
Very true. When I saw them in the trailer I didn't like it but trailers have caught me out before and in context, they have worked. These didn't unfortunately.
As bad as Dark Fate was I thought Sarah's I'll be back was great.

Gotham finally becoming safe because Batman killed all the villains >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gotham becoming safe because of "the Dent Act." :lol :duh
The dark knight rises is literally the only movie that keeps the trilogy from being great. That movie was just so stupid. To think people here were putting it over avengers 2012 bavk in the day. Atleast we didn’t have a “robin” moment.

“ya know Steve you should use your real name. America” .

...but it's Batman. This would have happened many times over countless stories...but it's Batman.

Holy crap did everyone read Gunn’s comments from 14 years ago on Burton, Keaton and Nolan!

WOW!

Let me break it down:

Burton sucks
89 sucks
Keaton sucks
BB is not good

lulz

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this was from Gunn’s “I’m going to tweet hot takes to get a rise out of people” era. I have no idea how much of this he actually believes, but if he does then he’s full of ****. I will say this though, of all of the people with ridiculous hot takes on Batman, he’s in a unique position to put up or shut up. Don’t like “Batman Beguns, huh, Gunn? Well, you’re the President of DC, produce a better one.

I watched it after a long time. I just didn't care enough to sit down and go through the movie. Besides a few good scenes it was a terrible mess all around. Hope the movie is trash only because of the studio. If Brave and the Bold going to be like that than you can flush it down the toilet.

Things I loved about this movie (big spoilers for anyone who still might care):

1. Actually surprised me when WW showed up after spoiling her arrival in BvS.
2. Gave me Batman going out in a blaze of glory that TDKR failed to deliver.
3. Two Barry's that absolutely 100% felt like two separate people interacting with one another to the degree that I'm not sure my brain has *still* fully accepted that it was the same actor playing both roles and that they were never in the same room together.
4. Kara - what an absolutely sympathetic and tragic character. The movie made me really hate those Russian bastards that kept her locked up and witnessing her being doomed to try and take on Zod and his Kryptonian warriors after having only a few hours to master her sun enhanced senses was almost painful. My inner "white knight" was totally on young Barry's side to just keep trying to reverse time until he found a way to save her (and Keaton.)
5. Keaton - He was just awesome on all levels. I thought that MoS was such a huge missed opportunity the year after Avengers to not have Bale show up in "the Bat" during the finale and once again this film corrected that oversight, but even more spectacularly so by giving Keaton his third movie send-off that the Schumacher films denied us.
6. Batfleck speeding around on his bike fighting bad guys was awesome.
7. Flash running effects looked cool.
8. Very bittersweet that young Barry's whole world was doomed to fall to Zod and there was nothing they could do to prevent it. Especially after all the little moments with side characters like his college roommates to major characters like Keaton and Kara. Once again it all comes down to those Russian a-holes keeping Kara imprisoned so that she couldn't hone her powers the way Cavill did. I even go back and forth as to whether I like such a bummer in the story at all but can't deny that it truly made me care about and root for these characters and made them all feel like true underdogs despite their crazy abilities and powers.

Maybe this was all just "first viewing" excitement as a result of low expectations but I'm already looking forward to watching it again and I'll see how it holds up.
I agree with most of what you say, unfortunately, there's just too much horrible CGI and lame "jokes" around the good parts.

I’ll make it #1 on my own for sure :rotfl:rotfl
Best Friends Pilot GIF by Marvel Studios

The flash and having Batman on the cover
Bundling it with two iconic Batman movies
Officially making it canon that Keaton Batman dies by a zodd attack

Never change DC/WB

Back