The Expendables 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its just not what I ever dreamed about when I envisioned all the classic action men together in one film. Statham didn't come along till the 2000s. I somewhat resent him being in with this lot. I'm sure he's a great action man and all but I have zero nostalgia associated with him. I wouldn't have minded if his was Jet Li sized role.

That's not the point of the franchise though, it's not bringing back the classics alone, it's bringing back the old guys and growing a new generation. Stallone's biggest thing is he felt that the action genre stopped needing "manly" leads and guys like him became obsolete, the Expendables is a showcase of the old, some of the new who fit the profile, which Statham definitely does, and turning some guys into action starts like Terry Crewes and Randy Couture. I think the idea is, Stallone's the action guy of then and Statham's the guy of now, and while you could probably say Sly and Arnie are about tied for who's more the icon of classic action movies, but as far as now, I don't think anyone personifies it better than Statham, the Rock tries but I just don't think he's as good.

Well then I misunderstood the aim of these films from the get-go. Unfortunately I've been unable to adjust to the intended way and as a result after 2 films I still feel a wee bit unsatisfied by them.

Interested to see the one with Stallone and Arnie in prison though.

I'm with A-dev on this one.

From what I understand, we are alone on this. :lol

The only scene I enjoyed from both movies is the tunnel battle at the end of 1.

That shotgun needed more screen time.

The homages fell flat for me, like I was watching Ann Hathaway's butt.

Dolph's cave speech was painful in 2.

Last edited:
Interesting that Banderas and Gibson are in... specially if you consider they just did Machete Kills...

It's crazy and a bit ironic that all these big names from the 80's-90's are teaming up for Expendables to draw the crowds... in the meantime, 80's-90's favorite background guy Danny Trejo is starring now on his own Machete Series... :D

Bummer Sly pulled a fast one on Trejo on the first Expendables... and now he complaints about Willis. :dunno

Well then I misunderstood the aim of these films from the get-go. Unfortunately I've been unable to adjust to the intended way and as a result after 2 films I still feel a wee bit unsatisfied by them.

Interested to see the one with Stallone and Arnie in prison though.

I'm as crazy a fan of Stallone as you are Terminator so I've taken in everything I can about these movies, all the interviews, etc., he'd been talking about doing it for a long time. In an interview, he mentions that movies like Batman '89 allowed action stars to be tough with fake muscles or not need muscles so stars like him and Arnie faded out. While he still can do movies, he wants to do what he can to bring back the movies he and Arnie made careers on, so he's using the old stars to help get audiences into it and he's including the newer stars and is trying to make new ones so he and Arnie and all can pass the torch.

I look forward to the prison film too, each of their solo films this spring did bad but I think the one with them together has good potential.

I'm as crazy a fan of Stallone as you are Terminator so I've taken in everything I can about these movies, all the interviews, etc., he'd been talking about doing it for a long time. In an interview, he mentions that movies like Batman '89 allowed action stars to be tough with fake muscles or not need muscles so stars like him and Arnie faded out. While he still can do movies, he wants to do what he can to bring back the movies he and Arnie made careers on, so he's using the old stars to help get audiences into it and he's including the newer stars and is trying to make new ones so he and Arnie and all can pass the torch.

I look forward to the prison film too, each of their solo films this spring did bad but I think the one with them together has good potential.

We need Keaton in the next one..playing BW or something:rotfl
You have alot of postings- possibly the highest count on Freaks?

An all male prison film. :monkey4:monkey4

I might sit that one out. :rotfl

Unless Nam invites me and Biojex over for a private screening. :horror

Last edited:
Conan-OBrien-the-Barbarian.jpg
Just give me a great Conan. :pray:

Every scene Sly and Arnie do in Exp1 and Exp2 had great chemistry, i think Willis spoiled the scene in the first one a bit, it would've been even better had it been just Sly and Arnie. :1-1:

Whats the current name of the Prison Escape film? :lol It looks like it could be a monster hit if its as good as the teaser's suggest.

Willis was great in his Exp 1 scene, John McClane making a **** sucking joke at Rambo and the Terminator :lol

These movies aren't going to be considered classics but they're OTT action films like most from the 80's/90's were. That's what I love about the, and why I'll keep seeing them. These movies don't take themselves seriously and people shouldn't either,

Interesting that Banderas and Gibson are in... specially if you consider they just did Machete Kills...

It's crazy and a bit ironic that all these big names from the 80's-90's are teaming up for Expendables to draw the crowds... in the meantime, 80's-90's favorite background guy Danny Trejo is starring now on his own Machete Series... :D

Bummer Sly pulled a fast one on Trejo on the first Expendables... and now he complaints about Willis. :dunno

I don't know if I'd say starring. More like he has the lead in another movie people should get on demand for $3. :nana:

You're just bitter because Machete is better than Expendables 1 and 2 combined! :lol

Not a chance in hell. :nana: I rented the first machete for $3 and that was about $3 too much. It's not meant to offended but that first film is one of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever seen. The best part was Lindsay Lohan's boobs. The Expendables movies are Gone with the Wind compared to Machete.

Back