The Expanding Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what the problem is with asking about the vastness of how big or large the universe is? 75% of men would still care how big their ***** is compared to what's out there larger than their sex organ. :lol

Side Note:

I hope to live to see this:
helicarrier_large.PNG

Here:
Space-Wallpaper-Pics.jpg

we die, we die, that's my take. What comes after is exactly what came before - nuthin'.

:lecture

If we weren't conscious until we had bodies, why would we be conscious after we lose them?

Our energy doesn't necessarily die but it transfers. I guess that leaves me hope and excitement on continuing afterwards in some form or another.

Except that energy and consciousness are not interchangeable phenomena.

It is truly amazing, when you think that we see things as they were, things that no longer exist and things that never existed ay the same time!

This always gets me....

Think of this, there are two stars in the sky we are looking at, star A and Star B. They are both right "next" to each other.

Star A 's light is just reaching earth, although it died out millions of years ago.

Star B is only a few light years away and was born long after Star A died.

Yet they are both in our sky and being observed at the same time, though they never existed together as we see them!!

My only significant vice is that I smoke, but I refuse to do so indoors because I don't want all my things stinking of stale tobacco and tar residue. This thought constantly crosses my mind stargazing with a late-night cigarette. There's something simultaneously sad and quite beautiful about it all.

Signs of possible Alien life detected 95 light years from earth.

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/s...s-could-it-be-alien-life-20160830-gr493p.html

It says the radio signal could be a number of things, but you never know. I wish SETI weren't looked at as quacks.

It's really neat to think that other beings would be trying to contact us. Although I'm pretty sure there has been some contact already with other alien races. Still get that sense of wonder feeling when I read this stuff. Very cool...?

My only significant vice is that I smoke, but I refuse to do so indoors because I don't want all my things stinking of stale tobacco and tar residue. This thought constantly crosses my mind stargazing with a late-night cigarette. There's something simultaneously sad and quite beautiful about it all.

Just blows your mind. I need to just grab a telescope soon and go look.

It's really neat to think that other beings would be trying to contact us. Although I'm pretty sure there has been some contact already with other alien races. Still get that sense of wonder feeling when I read this stuff. Very cool...?

Just blows your mind. I need to just grab a telescope soon and go look.

If Aliens are already aware of us, they probably have evolved to a point that we can't even detect their presence and were not even worth bothering with.

I agree with that. Love or hate him, ND Tyson has some good analogies as to how we may be perceived by higher intelligence. Mind blowing stuff really. I'd imagine though that there were visitations sprinkled throughout history. There's too many patterns among cultural tales and mythology to be a mass coincidence. A lot of people just assume everything is debunked. But there's definitely strange evidence out there.

People just want to assume that we are the smartest and most advanced race out there. I would disagree lol

we have been most definitely visited, but it was not by aliens from another planet
we were visited by creatures from another dimension, perhaps another earth. maybe thats why they are so curious about us

we have been most definitely visited, but it was not by aliens from another planet
we were visited by creatures from another dimension, perhaps another earth. maybe thats why they are so curious about us

I could agree with that. I definitely think there are daily aspects that support that (e.g. string theories, research on life after death phenomena).

it is always true that for an advanced race to travel so far to just visit us would be impossible (thats what people that dont believe always bring up) sure, in this universe it would be impossible for them to reach us perhaps... (and why would they care to reach us in the first place)

But Imagine we found a way to look into another dimension and we found a way to travel through dimensions, opening some kind of portal, wouldn't Everyone want to see what was on the other side? we would be the first ones to try to cross just to see.
I could see "Aliens being the "humans" of another dimension that just got curious. it would not even have to be from far away into space. they could be right next to us.

So God shouldn't be brought up here, but other dimensional creatures are believable.....gotcha.

Anyway, for those who think a person of faith can't find the universe fascinating, you're not correct. If you believe it's created by God or not, it's still just as incredible and fascinating.

So God shouldn't be brought up here, but other dimensional creatures are believable.....gotcha.

Anyway, for those who think a person of faith can't find the universe fascinating, you're not correct. If you believe it's created by God or not, it's still just as incredible and fascinating.

there are some theories that support multi dimensions. it is not science fiction anymore

do you think god created intelligent life in other planets?

No one in this thread said any of that.

Back