The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my set today. Holy Crap these guys are HUGE! Definately at least 1:2 scale. They are almost too big in my opinon. I mean that because they are so big they are very creepy in person. I half expected them to snap at my fingers when taking them out of the box! Definately not for the faint of heart.

I did have a weird problem. 2 of my 3 probes seem to big to fit in any of the holes. The other fits in all three just fine. So I thnk I'm going to need to get some replacement probes from Sideshow. Very strange problem.

And Lobotomy had a hard time getting on his base. The other 2 went on just fine, but I had to get him in just the right spot at the right angle to get him on the base. Oh, and his skull cap is held in place by a magnet! I can't even tell where it is hidden though. Very cool and well done.

Also, I got number 11! My Black and White Mort is #12 so now I've got two consecutive edition numbers. I'm really hoping to get a #13 soon.

I did have a weird problem. 2 of my 3 probes seem to big to fit in any of the holes. The other fits in all three just fine. So I thnk I'm going to need to get some replacement probes from Sideshow. Very strange problem.

I wish I could say my probe is too big :horror. :lol

Does each probe correspond to a certain hole or are all the probes identical?

I think they are supposed to be identical. I tried putting each one in each hole and only 1 of the 3 would go in any hole. That one worked with all 3 holes as well. The other 2 didn't work with any holes. One is just too thick I think and the other has a pointed end, making it larger than it should be.

The probes appear to be plastic as well, not poly. I wonder if there is just more of a size variance using plastic instead of poly. Or maybe I just had a jacked up set. My Lobotomy head took a while to get on the base. It had to in like one specific spot and it would only fit in that one spot.

Here is a pic of my problematic probes. You can see the paint started to come off of the one because it was too big for the holes. And the other one's end is kind of deformed.

dsc01404c.jpg

Uh oh. All these great pics have lowered the aval bar. Soon to be SO.

Well hurry and buy them then! These are great busts and a fantastic deal since they are only slightly more expensive than a normal single LSB. But you get three busts! But these are definately not for the faint of heart. My very first collectibles that have actually creeped me out! And I think that is do to their larger size.

Nice pics! :rock

The skull cap from the lobotomized head doesn't look like it matches. Looks too smooth and the color looks a little different than the rest of the head. Is that just in the pictures? How does it look in person? Not that it matters anyway because if I had it I would display it without the hat. :D

Is this available for flex pay yet?

Sorry for the bad photos, but can someone tell me if the Lobotomy bust is supposed to look like this? It is not broken, but appears to have an air bubble at the end of the neck skin. The strange things is that there is no paint in the bubble. Since his skin is all torn up anyway, I probably wouldn't have noticed the problem if they had painted red inside the bubble.:banghead

lobotomy1.jpg

lobotomy2-1.jpg

lobotomy2.jpg

lobotomy4.jpg

lobotomy5.jpg

lobotomy3.jpg

My SPECIMENS busts in hand, some thoughts that occur to me:

Of course, YMMV....

#1) Sideshow should have issued only 100 of these. They would have sold them out in the first night. Just like the original PZ E.S. of 300, the relative scarcity would've built up a lot of heat for this segment of THE DEAD line.

#2) Will subsequent SPECIMENS be released as trios or will they release them as solo LSBusts?

#3) It seems that each SPECIMEN was named after the method which rendered the zombie head inactive i.e.: ( PROBE, LOBOTOMY, BULLET ). Did these terminations occur in the lab, or are these FIELD SPECIMENS? It seems safe to guess that LOBOTOMY & PROBE occured in the lab, but BULLET?

#4) If each SPECIMEN is named after the particular cause of
"re-death", what will some of the future heads be called? CLEAVER? CHAINSAW? Maybe a charrred one called ELECTROCUTION? If so, we could end up with some pretty gory LSBs.

#5) At some future day, will S.S. in their infinite wisdom decide to release a 1 x 1 decapitated head of THE DEAD? If so, I could only imagine one possible candidate: PATIENT ZERO!

Back