The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the biggest question is if there will even be any more of these Specimen busts.

I am thinking the same thing myself. I think if they had released these any other time other than Spook they would already be gone. Spook had a lot of in stock orders and some people could not justify sacrificing lines they love over the Dead.

My very first collectibles that have actually creeped me out! And I think that is do to their larger size.

I like to see that I'm not the only one who thought that, these are just spectacularly gruesome and creepy. I'll have to put them in the freezer at night like Joey on Friends did with The Shining.

I think the in-stock status of them, being at the VERY end of Spooktacular, and right before Christmas is really hurting these guys. Had these been pre-orders, they could have sold out 200 in a matter of days, if not hours.

The last days was the Sideshow Collectibles - The Dead Weekend in my Premium-Format Photoblog .

alllogo.jpg

Take a look for more pictures of each bust...:wave

The Dead Specimens on Premium-Format

Looks like these are down to about 30 sets left on Sideshow, but I did see a set sell on ebay this week for well below retail. I like them a lot and will keep them as long as I can and there is space, but I guess they are definitely not that popular, unlike Sideshow's last Dead experiment, PZ.

Sideshow got greedy. For a new and unproven portion of a 12" figure line, they should have kept the edition size low at about 100 and let the idea of busts generate heat through becoming desirable through relative scarcity.

I said it before to overwhelming derision back during the Patient Zero International Edition furor... The Dead is a cash cow for Sideshow. With no licensing fees or royalties to be paid, they are pure profit. Thus we get four or five versions of Babysitter and oversized initial edition sizes. Sideshow will milk this cow until its udders bleed. Any collectibility that materializes will be accidental.

Sideshow got greedy. For a new and unproven portion of a 12" figure line, they should have kept the edition size low at about 100 and let the idea of busts generate heat through becoming desirable through relative scarcity.

I said it before to overwhelming derision back during the Patient Zero International Edition furor... The Dead is a cash cow for Sideshow. With no licensing fees or royalties to be paid, they are pure profit. Thus we get four or five versions of Babysitter and oversized initial edition sizes. Sideshow will milk this cow until its udders bleed. Any collectibility that materializes will be accidental.

I dunno if it's necessarily "greed." I think they got a little carried away in having fun with variants to the point of nauseum. Sure it got a bit excessive for the completists to nab everything (but whose fault is that?) I think the Int. PZ PF was an exercise in laziness, as there should've been a significantly greater difference than paint slapped under the base (this, and the newsletter fiasco is why I've completely passed on the PF line - no interest whatsoever). But some of these pieces, despite the economy have retained their value AND collectibility. Seeing how happy fellow freaks were, not only to win one, but to finally get it and open it up, further emphasizes this. With follow-up releases and the lack of a 1:6 at Spook shows they're listening. I think the busts were just an experiment. Whether it succeeds or fails, it's still just that.

Funny they're the only thing Dead staying in my collection at this point after pulling out of the 1/6 line. I think they are chilling, nauseating, and rather fringe.

Back