The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The coupon codes not working has me worried. It seems like a ploy to get you to order them and then have them pull a fast one on you. Oh, sorry, here is a new one instead. You'll get rewards points though. And guess what will happen the next time you use a coupon? What, they forgot again? :rolleyes

Mine better work :tap

I hope they're not pulling a fast one? Whats next, thee old "Well, we gave you a freebie..." excuse :p. That coupon should work 100% though.

I am suprised these are still aval, seems like some are already eBaying them. One sold...do some of these buyers even know sideshow has their own website? :lol

Last edited:
OK, here are some photos of mine:

spec_1.jpg

spec_2.jpg

And, to put to rest ANY questions about their size:

spec_3.jpg

:D

Re: The Specimen Busts

Funny how those bashing SS for being deceptive and carrying on that they are guilty of bait and switch (blah, blah) never have come back to this thread.

:rotfl :lol :rotfl

Wow! Those are big. 1:2 scale then I take it. Strange how three severed heads are the same price as a full bust in this scale. I think these are quite a deal in that case.

Wow! Those are big. 1:2 scale then I take it. Strange how three severed heads are the same price as a full bust in this scale. I think these are quite a deal in that case.

They are quite a value. It seems more work went into these heads than any other item around that price and edition size.

Funny how those bashing SS for being deceptive and carrying on that they are guilty of bait and switch (blah, blah) never have come back to this thread.

:rotfl :lol :rotfl

Hopefully those people learned something.

I'm no die-hard Sideshow fan. But accusing them of trying to rip people off when it looks like they may have been thanking customers by ending Spooktacular with a great deal, is just wrong to me.

#193 just arrived. Wish I had time to open them and check them out. Was kind of wishing for #90 or #187, or at least a low number. But that's what I get for wishing. The packaging is awesome though. Can't wait until tomorrow.

:D

why #187, Just curious? I got 187 Carnage bust that I just inspected tonight.

Okay, I was able to open, inspect, and set these busts up now. They are freaking amazing. The bullet wound actually nauseated me when I pulled it out of the packaging and checked him out. Damn! Aside from the coupon debacle, I have to say this is one of my favorite purchases from Sideshow to date. They make a nice display for any fan of the Dead, zombies, or the macabre in general. I can't say I'll be able to have them on display forever seeing that I have to actually live in the same house with others who don't find these attractive in the least. But I will do my best to hang onto them. Maybe just pulling them out for the Halloween season. But for now, they will display proudly among my humble collection.

They are freaking awesome! :D

My guys just arrived with my Spooktacular prize, I'm going to have to wait to open them when I get home. Somehow I suspect my coworkers do not share my love of the zombie. C'mon a girl that loves zombies, what's not to love?!

I have to say, Robodad's pics are disgusting...

..ly cool.

those look wonderfully disgusting.

my only 1 comment would be why all 3 bases are painted very similar ?

I am really fighting the urge to get these

Get them, they do not disappoint! I'm just thinking SS made 100 too many of them. Otherwise, and obviously, they would be gone already, and maybe just a few collectors would be left wanting. I'm also hoping for just one more set in the future. These may be a one off, but a nice big set of six would look stunning, and all my guests would be like "wtf?" I'm also really digging the look of the stands, really creepy twisted laboratory appearance.

I really wish theyd accept the Spook code for these.
Would probably make me pull the trigger .... :monkey1

So they won't accept the code at all? I had a problem preordering the Punk and my code woudln't work. I called and when THEY tried it there it worked but said for me to save the code for another time because by then the Punk was sold out and they couldn't apply it.

Back